Sign in to follow this  
draco193

Etahn with As or Zs?

Hi all. I've been trying to put together a small rebel swarm list featuring Etahn. As the debate goes in my mind I've got 60 or so points to play with to use for fighters past etahn. Typically I run him with PTL sensor jammer and an r2 unit.

That 60 can come in the form of either 4 proto as with chardaan or 5 bandits. Is the extra maneuverability and green die of the As worth going down a ship?

Hi all. I've been trying to put together a small rebel swarm list featuring Etahn. As the debate goes in my mind I've got 60 or so points to play with to use for fighters past etahn. Typically I run him with PTL sensor jammer and an r2 unit.

That 60 can come in the form of either 4 proto as with chardaan or 5 bandits. Is the extra maneuverability and green die of the As worth going down a ship?

I don't think so, mobility isn't also much bigger if you don't use boost, and that would neglect you an action for offensive purposes.

Personally, I'd phrase the question thusly:

After Etahn dies, as he's basically the primary threat to focus down, which list would you prefer in the end-game?

Etahn + the Zs provide more crits while he's alive, and more damage after he's dead

Etahn + the As are harder to kill

Personally, I'd phrase the question thusly:

After Etahn dies, as he's basically the primary threat to focus down, which list would you prefer in the end-game?

Etahn + the Zs provide more crits while he's alive, and more damage after he's dead

Etahn + the As are harder to kill

That is a better phrasing.

How about GSP + VI, Auto thrusters, Refit (x3) Or Outmaneuver. The Former has everything activating at PS5. The Latter allows for a loose formation.

I'm trying to stay away from auto thrusters for now since I don't like proxy in cards. But the 3 greens with outmaneuver or PTL might be the choice over the 4 protos. I like that ability to extend the mobility with a focus action.

Etahn w/ PTL & R2 Astromech

Tarn R7

Tala x 3

PTL for focus & evade every turn as keeping Etahn alive longer is a top priority, R2 clears the stress. Tarn adds a good 3 attack ship to the list that is hard enough to kill that it forces tough target priority decisions from your opponent.

This is one of my favorite squads! I prefer the 5 bandits with Etahn, but I can see the merits of 4 A wings. IMO going all the way down to 3 GSPs would be a mistake. Having 6 guns firing is very difficult for the opponent to deal with, and without the need to fly in formation like with a Tie swarm, you can spread out firing arcs, and do lots of fun blocking with all those bandits! Sure, blocking is easier with the maneuverability of A's, but it's best to play to Etahn's strength. Fire as many guns as you can!

or 3 Blue Bs!! 

I like this idea but id go with:

Etahn with push and r2

one blue and

two rookie x's

Mostly for the extra firepower unless your going up against something easy to hit.

Kinda also wanna be careful of things like tactician tagging Etahn with extra stress.

With five bandits your looking at having 10 dice to chuck but if you go with three x or b's your only losing one dice of firepower for better ranged 3 shots

in the last 2 weeks I've played a list using Etahn with 2x blue squadron (B-Wing) e 2x bandit squadron (Z-95) and it was very amazing !!

- High fire-power

- High HP

- ... but low PS

- ... and no upgrade tricks

Can be viable ?