Sign in to follow this  
Bipolar Potter

N'dru Suhlak, or my new Spiritual Liege *HERESY*

So i was tinkering with the scum ships we have access to, and N'dru with with various kinds of ordinance and Lone Wolf.

Am i looking at this right?
N'dru Suhlak 17
Proton Rocket 3
Lone Wolf 2
Stealth Device 3
25 pts?

6 dice yes? With a focus?

Is there a sequence in the handbook for how upgrades interact with each other?
Otherwise I'm pretty sure the Procket gets 5 dice from stealth, then an extra if out of range from allies. I suppose for max cheese we could put Opportunist on for a 7th.

It's not really cheese. The device will probably fall off at the first shot delivered against him, which will take play way before Range 1 because of the Z's lack of additional maneuverability

Otherwise yes, N'dru does not specify primary or 2ndary weapon so you'll get +1 red on anything you throw which should include more Z appropriate ordinance like cluster missiles. Being unable to modify your ordinance fire outside of lone wolf (Homing Missile pending) still sucks a fat one, though.

Don't think N'dru needs anything more than Lone Wolf to be amazing value

Edited by ficklegreendice

Cant use 2 EPTs on this one...

I meant to replace Lone wolf with Opportunist.

I think Lone wolf is mandatory with this one. What about getting cluster missiles for 2 4-dice attack instead of proton rockets? I find that if you have to be range 1 from an enemy, you are less likely to be at range 3 to the rest of your ships if the enemy is moving in formation.

I'm not a huge fan of "Hot Shot" Blaster, but I kinda like it on N'Dru, especially with his go-to EPT Lone Wolf. When you take a Focus, anyone who gets too close could eat not 3 but 4 dice in the face with a re-roll and Focus. Not bad for 3 points.

Otherwise, I agree, Cluster Missiles are awesome on him. Two shots of four and no need to invest in a Stealth Device on a ship with 2 natural Agility.

Clusters are gonna be really cool on scum Boba too, but that's for a different thread...

I think N'dru is gonna be solid. I like hull upgrade and lone wolf to make him a PS 7 X-wing. Hot shot blaster seems like a cool upgrade for him too. Clusters will be awesome when they work, but with such a predictable dial, I don't know that he'll be able to deliver that shot on the target he really wants. Hotshot blaster will be great as he breaks off from a joust or defensively when he gets flanked.

While Lone Wolf and N'Dru's ability are both tricky to use it does really look solid on paper. He's going to be a challenge to utilize effectively if you ask me, but he makes the most mediocre ship in the game interesting at the least. :3

Prefering a slightly different build:

N'dru Suhlak 17

Veteran Instincts 1

Cluster Missiles 4

If wishing to go heavy on points:

Hull Upgrade 3

Inertial Dampeners 1

or:

Dead Man’s Switch 2

The cheap end is a nice missile carrying flanker for 22 points with PS9

You can go as high as 27 points if you wish, but it might become a point sink and/or prime target.

Inertial Dampeners give you more possibilities to stay sollitary.

Dead Man´s Switch might prevent your opponent from ganging-up on your solitairy Z-95

Hot Shot Blaster might be good to if you overshoot a target.

Remember, with all the upgrades N´Dru does look good on paper, but the guy has to fly alone to make it work.

(I do hope they put upgrades like Lone Wolf and Dead Man´s Switch in other expansions too, but that might be a different topic)