Sign in to follow this  
brettj

I cant find the release date?

I believe that FFGs own release date is "first quarter of 2015" which could mean any date from January 1st to March 31st. There is rumor that it might get released around January 16th but I wouldn't bet on it. It will come when it comes and will, at least imho, probably be equally awesome no matter when that actually is.

This is total conjecture here, but I saw an announcement from GTS distribution that Cosmic Encounter reprint would be back in stores mid-january. Looking at "upcoming," the CE Reprint and about 3-4 other games, including XCOM, are all marked as "on the boat." Assuming they're on the same boat - which seems like a reasonable assumption, why not pack a bunch of games together? - it's likely to show up mid-january along with CE.

I can't wait either.

I know companies go over seas to save money , but lost sales and late shipments, customs hangup etc, to me seem to more than a make up for a lessor printing cost. Plus because of the tempeture humidity difference I have gotten many a warped board even when  plastic sealed to prevent such things.

I have seen many empty game shelfs in my local game shops waiting for stock from FFG. A lack of merchadice on those shelfs means loss of sales for all involved. Using domestic printers for faster shipping might in the long run be more profiable. Missing Christmas in itself was a huge loss to any savings with overseas printers. My wife wanted to buy this for me for christmas as many other wifes or husbands, fathers or mothers did.

I and a lot of us are ready to buy this product, as soons as it hits the selfs but even Amazon has removed it from its sales page, with a stock unknown tag. In other words we can't give you our money!!! because you decided to save money and print in a non domestic manner.

Please support your own community and print domestically.

From what I hear, the game is already in country (USA) and sitting at the distributors, waiting for the green light to distribute to stores.

Why that green light hasn't been given is unknown, but speculation seems to point at the app not being ready to launch yet.

I know companies go over seas to save money , but lost sales and late shipments, customs hangup etc, to me seem to more than a make up for a lessor printing cost. Plus because of the tempeture humidity difference I have gotten many a warped board even when  plastic sealed to prevent such things.

I have seen many empty game shelfs in my local game shops waiting for stock from FFG. A lack of merchadice on those shelfs means loss of sales for all involved. Using domestic printers for faster shipping might in the long run be more profiable. Missing Christmas in itself was a huge loss to any savings with overseas printers. My wife wanted to buy this for me for christmas as many other wifes or husbands, fathers or mothers did.

I and a lot of us are ready to buy this product, as soons as it hits the selfs but even Amazon has removed it from its sales page, with a stock unknown tag. In other words we can't give you our money!!! because you decided to save money and print in a non domestic manner.

Do you think FFG would sell more copies if they sold their $40 game for $60?  Cos that's basically what you're saying.

Edited by Bleached Lizard

Wait...you say missing Christmas was a huge loss as you (well, your wife) was going to get it for you....but then you talk about being ready to buy it as soon as hit shelves.  So...is that still a loss?  (Yes, I'm sure some people decided not to buy it because of delays, but at least from your end, it sounds like FFG can still count on your dollars).

Also, I called FFG once about a game release, trying to get a more specific date than Quarter X 20xx.  They told me they don't like speculating like that because when (more of than than 'if') the date gets pushed back, people get mad, so they only update their release page when appropriate.  Really, just look at what happens when video games get pushed back.

Something else to keep in mind, XCom is not a 'typical' release.  They could have the game boxes sitting in warehouses, ready to go out to stores.  But it's also an App.  If they are having problems with the app, they aren't (or at least, shouldn't) release the game.  Considering the volume of people voicing dislike of the app in the first place, could you imagine how loud the 'I told you so!' would be if they released the game with a broken (mandatory) companion app?

Do you think FFG would sell more copies if they sold their $40 game for $60?  Cos that's basically what you're saying.

First of all this is not some kid you are talking to, I know retail I know cost, I know profit and I own a business. I use all domestic printing, and services, and yes I pay more, but my purchases arrive on time and to me that makes up for over seas delays. I have been approached on doing much of my business non domestically and on the surface it seems like a way to make a better profit, but there are more disadvantages to me vs saving a buck. After reading your response I went to a local printer and contacted an over seas bidder I submitted a job I needed printed etc and the difference was not that much more like a 40.00 game being 50.00. Now I remember a game I got from FFG that every board had to be replaced because of warp-age. In my business I could not afford the delay in for instance an advertising campaign  printed by overseas printers.

That was my only point. Its fine with me no matter where they print it but to me so much sitting on a boat or in a warehouse just again to me not business smart. I feel they miss the impulse buyer. 

@Fnoffen explain the game is to develop team work and sharing of duties. You on to a winner then

or say you were brain washed by propaganda so had no choice but to buy it