Sign in to follow this  
DarkSpade

I got tired of tokens.

I'm sorry. That idea is far too smart. Please try again and aim for something slightly dumber. ;)

(I may steal the idea)

Something that occours to me: you could add an "R" and "I" to the target locks, to make it even more clear who has which in a given match. Rebel A and Imperial A would be distinct.

That's actually a really nifty solution! Good job mate. And welcome to the forums.

Plus they look amazing, nothing helps with the Star Wars Sci Fi aesthetic then a couple of wooden, felt tipped pegs.

how Much for a dozen sets?

Lmao.

Practicality rules the day. Great idea but I'm not sold on the overall aesthetic.

How about magnetic plates beneath the ship bases and metallic tokens? That'd be super cool, but probably slightly more expensive. I could keep biggs literally glued to his buddies, though.

Thanks guys.  Glad you like them.   I originally was looking for small plastic clothes pins to use as small clamps when building miniatures, but when I saw the wooden ones something just kind of clicked in my head.   They're really easy to make too.  No painting.  Just colored sharpies and a fine tip felt pen.   They're much thinner than office clips so you can fit at least 4 on the stick(depending on the model) and since they grip right to the stick you don't have to worry about them spinning around.  I'm sure there's far more aesthetically pleasing ideas out there, but it is very easy to do.

I had thought about attaching the tokens to the clips, but I worried that repeated use would eventually wear away or even bend the tokens.  Plus you'd need to glue one to each side.

For the target locks I just copied the colors and letters that the official tokens use for the sake of simplicity.  As an added benefit, if I'm playing someone who doesn't want me clipping things to their models, I can still use the regular tokens along with my clips.

Absolutely brilliant!

I have been using my laptop and excel to track everything, including upgrades, but not focus and such.

It is working for the upgrades and damage, but still fiddling around with focus and evade tokens.  Will ask my wife to make some as I have zero artistic ability.

Problem with those would be painting them.   Although, if you're willing to put in extra work, they would look better in the long run.  Simply get them already the right colors(red, blue, and green) and then use a dremal to etch in the right symbols.  Then, apply black paint directly into the etched out area and make sure you wipe off any excess on the surface.   They'd look really good, but the etching part ups the difficulty a lot since those look rather narrow.

Another option would be to use them to just clip the token to the pole, but that all depends on whether or not the tips would be closed enough with the pole in the way.

Do you got pictures of a stress one?

How would you make them different than a red target lock (even though that might be stressful)

I realized about an hour ago that I'd forgotten about stress tokens.  At the moment, I'm thinking I'll make those black on the end with a red ! on the rest. I'll post pictures once I've made a few(the work week will delay this) I don't think I'm going to worry about ion tokens since I don't know of any situation where the ion token ever moves with the ship.

Should I bother with crit tokens?   I never remember to use them in the first place.  The last time I showed two people how to play I didn't even remember they existed until after the game was over.  Do people actually use them?