Sign in to follow this  
RootbeerFloat

OT: The Force Awakened Teaser Character Names

I think they're onto something with the deliberately-left off last names. Rey Solo sounds a bit clunky. Unless it's a nickname.

Well, they didn't leave off many.  We've got the full name of the X-Wing pilot and the new Sith.  (And man, does 'Kylo Ren' sure have a certain similarity to 'Kyp Duron')

The two characters speculated to be related to OT characters are where we did not get the full names.  (Finn...Calrissian?  Rey...Solo?  Or Skywalker?  Or...something else??)

Khan says that these are complete fakes.

Abrams has stated he has regretted hiding the Khan character. And I highly, highly doubt Disney would allow them to use fake names for marketing. Now, that doesn't preclude that some of the names are not exactly the truth either. 

No last names on 2 of the main characters is abit suspect but I do hope the leaks are true and that Rey is in fact a Solo. Finn is an interesting one as he is most likely not related to any of the original cast so why leave his out?

Oh.... and Oscar Isaacs character not being a Darklighter makes me abit sad:(

I'm actually not convinced that Rey is the Solo kid.  I mean, out of all the actors, she looks like she would be it.  But why would she be living on Tatoonine?  Han and Leia are supposedly fine.  Maybe Han wouldn't know he had a kid, but Leia would.  Leia doesn't seem like the type of person to give up her kid.

I mean, do you all agree that it looks like she lives there and is not visiting?  I'm basing it on her clothes and speeder, which look right at home there.

I'm actually not convinced that Rey is the Solo kid.  I mean, out of all the actors, she looks like she would be it.  But why would she be living on Tatoonine?  Han and Leia are supposedly fine.  Maybe Han wouldn't know he had a kid, but Leia would.  Leia doesn't seem like the type of person to give up her kid.

I mean, do you all agree that it looks like she lives there and is not visiting?  I'm basing it on her clothes and speeder, which look right at home there.

There's actually a rumoured plot leak that explains why she's on Tatooine but I'm not gonna be the one to spill the beans for you:) You're gonna have to dig for it yourself if you want to know.

There's actually a rumoured plot leak that explains why she's on Tatooine but I'm not gonna be the one to spill the beans for you:) You're gonna have to dig for it yourself if you want to know.

I believe I know which one you're talking about but it still doesn't make much sense to me. Why would Leia go with that? It doesn't seem to fit. However, if Rey is Luke's... that Might fit, especially with the rumors.