Sign in to follow this  
Blendwerk

Identify Rebel ship from TESB

I'm amazed this has never been brought up before! There are unidentified canon ships out there!

I know the photos are from the original theatrical cut, but the lower right ship in the top picture looks a lot like a Seperatist Sheathipede Shuttle from the prequels.

The tanker is the most clear image - hopefully an über fan will point us in the direction of the wiki/Wookie page.

Funny to say but at first glance I was reminded of the H-wing that people are currently complaining about.

15373602384_718ca1c1c8_o.png

Sorry to say I found nothing on this list that looks like it...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alliance_Fleet#Fleet

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be 

some sort of double squad pod.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Squad_Pod

...but I did discover that anyone who says FFG is running dry of Rebel ship ideas is out of touch.

Take for example the M-Class Fighter. That would be cool to see next to a Y-wing.

Mclassdiving.jpg

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Just some generic cargo ships or transports most likely.  Doubt they are warships.

That's what Imperial Intelligence agents called those Mon Cal vessels as well, "just transports, nothing to worry about."

**** careless fools.  Sending them to Despayre was too good for them.

The Rebel scum weaponize anything.

After having watched that clip again a few times I would propose that aside from an X-wing, the fleet is at a stand still and it is the viewer that shifting perspective, moving towards the actors of the scene's location. It appears that those ships may be facing different directions and so that could be the aft engine section, rather than a bulky front that tapers to a narrow tail. That opens up a lot more possibilities, like one of the many Corellian Gunship variants, DP10 for example, but not the DP10 specifically, just reminds me of that one more from that direction. Or maybe not, I'm just trying to look at it from different perspectives.  

They're just the little bits and pieces that Lucas decided to throw in to fill the frame during one of his countless and unnecessary revisions.

They seem to have been present in the original scene

Indeed?  Well, that doesn't mean the original scene wasn't edited and revised a number of times before the theatrical release.  I stand by my post.  :P