Sign in to follow this  
LtCorwin

Rebel Wolf Pack - EAAA tournamernt list, thoughts?

Dear all,

I'll be playing in my first tournament soon, I have only a few games of X-Wing under my belt, I've played the following list once and had fun with it.  I'm not sure it's particularly competitive, but it is good at dealing crits to my opponent.

Any suggestions or modifications to the below:

Etahn Abaht (32)
   Engine Upgrade(4)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Veteran instincts (1)

Green Squadron Pilot (19)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Predator (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Predator (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Predator (3)

Etahn is a force multiplier, and 3 three Predaotr A-Wings can hunt together or alone, so long as Etahn keeps there targets in arc it can be quite painful.

I waas thinking of going for 4 Proto As with Chardaan and no Predator instead, but I think the Predator Greens will work betetr once the inevitable demise of Etahn happens....

Thanks for your advice

LTC

What is your local meta like?

Not a clue, not really been playing locally outside of one friend who I'm roping into the game....

I know due to alocal shortage of Wave 5 there is unlikely to be any/many dual Deci or dual YT-24 lists

LTC

But PtL allows for the turtling of A-Wings with focus + evade.  I understand why you would like predator, and it's my personal style of play to win by playing defensively and whittling down opponents.  Especially if you're doing it with A's, you're whittling them down.  There are no if-ands-or-butts about it, since they only roll 2 attack die.  

That's my two cents, but, I do like your list overall.  I have been considering doing something along those lines for the fun of it, cause I love A-Wings.

I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to run 4 Tala Squadron pilots instead of the three Greens?  They could still run predator but then also have 3 extra points per ship available all for the loss of one agility?  Seems like another body on the ground would be the better choice here, even if the maneuver dial is a little slower.

Thoughts?  Comments?

I would build Etahn more defensively:  PtL and R2-D2.  Turtle up with focus/evade and use R2 to regen shields.  You know he's going to be public enemy #1 in this list.

Veteran Instincts on Etahn doesn't really help you--people don't run very many (or any, really?) pilots in the 5-7 range that you "need" to have initiative against.

You could also drop your Greens down to Prototypes and put Proton Rockets on all 3 of them for some serious alpha strike damage.  That really changes the way this list is played, though.  Otherwise, personally I'd take PtL on the greens, but that's just me.

Edited by quasistellar

I would consider switching predator for lone wolf on one of the A wings.  And I agree with the above folks that VI isn't worth much on Etahn.  That frees up two points.  I would drop EU for R2D2, and then you're 1 point short for PTL on Etahn.  You could drop AdvS for it, and then you'd have 2 points for something else (VI on two of the A wings?).  Or you could drop Predator for EH on one of the A wings to make them each a bit special and unique.  

I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to run 4 Tala Squadron pilots instead of the three Greens?  They could still run predator but then also have 3 extra points per ship available all for the loss of one agility?  Seems like another body on the ground would be the better choice here, even if the maneuver dial is a little slower.

Thoughts?  Comments?

Talas don't have an EPT.  I so wish they did, though they're already a good deal points-wise.

Edited by jme

Thanks for all the feedback.  While I can see that turtling up in an A-Wing could work, it doesn't suit my style, or at least I don't think it does.  I'll use what I posted in the tourney and learn from that experience.....

And of course experience might just prove you all right :)

LTC

I ran a similar list at our last event and came 4 points behind 1st place. Since then I've run it a few more times with various success. It's definitely a fun and speedy list but can be fragile.

My list was:

Etahn - R2D2, PtL, Advanced Sensors

Green pilot- predator, VI

Prototype pilot - chardon refit

Prototye pilot - chardon refit

I ran the green pilot with etahn through the asteriods while the two protypes went up the flank and have them surround the key ships i wanted to take out earlier. Too many people focused on Etahn, giving my other ships chances to crit my opponents. Only trouble i have with this list is turrets eat up my a's quickly.

The term 'wolf pack' refers to a 3 vessel unit..

Aside from the comments already, R2-D2 is strong with a build like this. It can also save the game for you. I chased a Horn build with that and ended up losing eventually.