Sign in to follow this  
Quoth

Dark Pacts

As a starting-up GM, I thought I was being awful clever when I pulled each player aside, told everyone they would all be facing a 'Unique challenge,' and then offered them all a Daemonic pact from exactly the same script.

Lo and behold, EVERYONE in the group accepted for one reward or another. I had not anticipated all 4 players doing this. One player was ordered to make sure someone else died, (they didn't explicitly have to kill them, bonus points if they drank the blood of the deceased,) one player was ordered to investigate a certain clue, one player was ordered to keep everyone away from a certain clue, and one player was simply ordered to 'Release me.' (Referring to the Daemon, of course.)

This resulted in a TPK. By the end of the session.

Our group was doing a long-term infiltration of a heretical organization. We had drawn a little too much attention to ourselves (by we I mean I) and they were trying to round us up for our sabotage activities. To give us something of an out, the GM had one of the daemonic entities at the site whisper a deal in my ear. Basically this daemon would take my soul and stick it in someone else's body - effectively giving me a new face.

The way it worked was I'd need an object the target person held dear, a bunch of demonic scroll work to attach to it, then I'd have to stab myself in the heart. Yeah. Then the daemon would intercept my soul between the material realm and the warp and swap it out with the target's, who's soul would then face a terrible fate in the warp.

So I set to gathering the materials, and the GM was confused when instead of  heading to the guard quarters where he had left something dear to one of the nobody NPC's we'd been interacting with, I headed to the depths of the facility where the organization was experimenting on a greater daemonic artifact.  See, the woman in charge of this whole operation had been the planetary governor, but had given up the title to run this operation and was draining every resource the planet had into making this daemonic artifact work.

So she held this artifact pretty dear to her heart. So that's the object I chose to perform this ritual on. I sealed myself in the chamber with it and revealed (to the GM) at the final moment who I was invoking this ritual on and his jaw dropped. He was painted into a corner.

And that's the time I beat the BBEG by becoming her.

Our group was doing a long-term infiltration of a heretical organization. We had drawn a little too much attention to ourselves (by we I mean I) and they were trying to round us up for our sabotage activities. To give us something of an out, the GM had one of the daemonic entities at the site whisper a deal in my ear. Basically this daemon would take my soul and stick it in someone else's body - effectively giving me a new face.

The way it worked was I'd need an object the target person held dear, a bunch of demonic scroll work to attach to it, then I'd have to stab myself in the heart. Yeah. Then the daemon would intercept my soul between the material realm and the warp and swap it out with the target's, who's soul would then face a terrible fate in the warp.

So I set to gathering the materials, and the GM was confused when instead of  heading to the guard quarters where he had left something dear to one of the nobody NPC's we'd been interacting with, I headed to the depths of the facility where the organization was experimenting on a greater daemonic artifact.  See, the woman in charge of this whole operation had been the planetary governor, but had given up the title to run this operation and was draining every resource the planet had into making this daemonic artifact work.

So she held this artifact pretty dear to her heart. So that's the object I chose to perform this ritual on. I sealed myself in the chamber with it and revealed (to the GM) at the final moment who I was invoking this ritual on and his jaw dropped. He was painted into a corner.

And that's the time I beat the BBEG by becoming her.

That is awesome.

This is more of a BC style thing, but there was that one time a guy was doing an ascension ritual, and I let it happen, even helped it succeed ... only to promptly bind said freshly ascended daemon into a new (albeit prepared in advance) daemon weapon.