Sign in to follow this  
Teokrata

DELAYS KILLING SW LCG COMMUNITY

Dear FFG

The next long delay of new announced cards for SW LCG are killing torunament community in Poland and probably other countries. The meta is dominated by super Jedi and Sith, change is needed. Many players stop playing and some even sell the game to buy Conquest, Doomtown or other games. SO... Our beloved publisher please realese new cards for that game unless it no longer will be "living" card game...

cheers from Poland

Edited by Teokrata

It didn't affect Conquest (I have my Howl of Blackmane :D ) and seems to always affect SW 

also we have local polish distributor here, which couldn't sell cards before offcicial realese... so the issue also hurts them, becouse they have the product for months, cannot sell it and the number of customers is dropping

Edited by Teokrata

It didn't affect Conquest (I have my Howl of Blackmane :D ) and seems to always affect SW

Howl was late too. It would have arrived sooner if not for this issue. Stuff is moving but it is slow moving. With the current back log lots of products are expected to be in short supply or arrive late.

We are still playing and having a great time. Next week we are doing a 2 v 2 winter tournament. Lots of fun to be had without BtS

Edited by Toqtamish

It didn't affect Conquest (I have my Howl of Blackmane :D ) and seems to always affect SW

Howl was late too. It would have arrived sooner if not for this issue. Stuff is moving but it is slow moving. With the current back log lots of products are expected to be in short supply or arrive late.

Seriously just go play. We are still playing and having a great time. Next week we are doing a 2 v 2 winter tournament. Lots of fun to be had without BtS

yeah I got your point, but tell that all players, which left the game... and probably will not come back

The annoying thing is when you hear the CEO and designers talk about how they develop cards 2 years out, and that things that are due out long from now are already "done."

Well, if that's the case, why can't you plan accordingly with respect to shipping (i.e., anticipate and account for the delays). 

For what it's worth, I don't mind the delay. I like having time to let things settle and not feeling overloaded with new cards all of the time.

Some helpful advice:

1) Play the challenge decks. The Minneapolis meta has had nights where we all just gather and play the challenge decks, and it is a lot of fun. 

2) Have unusual tournaments. This past Saturday there was a Highlander tournament (no more than 1 copy of any objective per deck), which was also quite fun. 

3) Play 2v2. Perhaps even hold a 2v2 tournament. 

All of these variants challenge you to build new deck types and to think about new styles of play. The bit of delay has pushed our meta to branch out and develop these other types of play a bit. I actually feel thankful that there was some down time between releases. 

Edited by divinityofnumber

I've always assumed that the approvals process at LFL was part of the slowdown. Having worked with a licensor in the past, I know how that can be. It would certainly explain why Star Wars has delays that the other LCGs don't.

Another factor - with the Disney acquisition, I'm sure there is still some chaos and reorganizing going on in the various Lucas empire offices as the structures change to accommodate the needs of new ownership.

If true, then much of this would be completely out of FFG's hands, but they can't say so publicly without looking like they are blaming their licensor for the issues, which would not be wise if they value that relationship.

It's entirely likely that the SWLCG team at FFG is every bit as frustrated with these issues as you guys are.

Edited by Venthrac