Sign in to follow this  
SableGryphon

Greedo Explored - Sable's Proving Grounds

Greedo was an overwhelmingly positive investment for 1 point. 

That's my read on it too- it'll either work really well, doing nothing but extra damage, or it'll sink your ship if you're having a Bad Dice Night.

Greedo specifies "The first time you attack...", Dace's ability is damage, not an attack.

If the ion source is Dace and not another ship, Greedo would trigger off the ion damage, not Dace, because the ICT damage is applied before the ion token, so Dace triggers after Greedo's already done.

Necrobump, as I just tried this combo tonight and this was how we played it. However, on rereading the card, I think I handled it wrong.

The situation was an attack against Palob. I tagged him and tried to use Greedo to deal a crit, but the second damage came from Dace's ability and didn't work.

BUT, when you hit with an Ion Turret, you deal the token and the damage at the same time. Dace's ability should allow him to interrupt and take a stress to deal a damage (destroying the shield) before he deals the actual damage for the attack. That would allow him to use Greedo on every attack that deals a card.

Regardless, the combination of Dace/Greedo was brutal. Dealing a hit and a crit along of the normal Ion control was nuts. Against Drea, Guri, Palob and Leeachos, I lost a Warthog and Cartel early while dealing token damage. Dace proceeded to murder my opponent's entire list. The only contribution from my remaining Y-Wing was a Direct Hit on Guri, followed by a BTL Ion hit. My opponent thought she survived, until Dace reached out like the Ionic Vader to deal another damage card.

Not sure how it would have worked had my opponent prioritized him, but then they'd be ignoring a pair of R4 Warthogs.

Edited by PhantomFO

Tried this today. I managed to get two direct hits off of my two received hits and blew up my HWK on turn 4. On the other hand I got a direct hit on Soontir Fel. Definitely a double edged sword. I'll have to try it on a Firespray.

Can't trigger Greedo off of Feedback Array? Bah!

Why sure you can. An enemy scum ship with feedback array. It's a lot less tempting to use the bug zapper if it's 2 damage and an ion.

I ran Dace Bonearm with Ion Turret and Greedo in a Furball.  In our local format, you can respawn.  First life, was cleared after I performed a single attack that missed, before I fired again.  Second life, my first damage card was Munitions Failure.

Never triggered Dace's ability or Greedo...

Palob Godalhi (20)Determination (1)Ion Cannon Turret (5)Greedo (1) Honestly, this isn't bad for 27 points. Able to crit/ion ships, discard Pilot crits, and force the enemy to not focus or evade less that token fall into enemy hands is pretty powerful.

Exactly the combo Im looking forward to playing.

That's actually not bad - might even make the space poo worth flying

Why sure you can. An enemy scum ship with feedback array. It's a lot less tempting to use the bug zapper if it's 2 damage and an ion.

Don't think so

Greedo:  "The first time you attack....."

Feedback array: "...... Instead of performing any attacks....."

keyword - attack

I think the Greedo upgrade card is a fun card, and it get a disadvantages and advantages, it need to put in a ship with good stamina, and good amount of shields, but the fun is garantized, greettings.

I think the Greedo upgrade card is a fun card, and it get a disadvantages and advantages, it need to put in a ship with good stamina, and good amount of shields, but the fun is garantized, greetings.

Thank you for using an existing thread, thanks.

Don't think so

keyword - attack

Oops sorry. I was thinking that said you couldn't trigger Dace Bonearm off Feedback array. That you can do.

Don't think so

keyword - attack

Oops sorry. I was thinking that said you couldn't trigger Dace Bonearm off Feedback array. That you can do.

Now I really want someone to Feedback me so I can do this.