Sign in to follow this  
Jashugan_sky

YT-1300 scum an villainy ?

It's is not silly to think that YT-1300 is used by smugglers. So why we have an alternate version of Boba Fett but not other YT-1300 pilot (not necessary Millenum Falcon pilots)

Because Scum and Villiany are bounty hunters and hardened criminals, not simple smugglers. They are a faction of arguably bad guys, and Han, Lando and Chewie proved in the end that there were not so. And during the galactic civil war they were rebels, whereas Boba Fett was still a bounty hunter.

Yes, absolutely.  I can easily see the YT-1300 becoming available to Scum & Villany in the future.  In fact, I'd love to see it - especially if we were to get the complete Azzameen family in S&V, with Ace, Aeron, Anton etc and the Selu and Sabra.

I'd expect them to use the Outer Rim Smuggler stats, though, not the Falcon named pilot stats.

Yes, absolutely.  I can easily see the YT-1300 becoming available to Scum & Villany in the future.  In fact, I'd love to see it - especially if we were to get the complete Azzameen family in S&V, with Ace, Aeron, Anton etc and the Selu and Sabra.

I'd expect them to use the Outer Rim Smuggler stats, though, not the Falcon named pilot stats.

I like that idea, using the ORS stats is a really good way to compromise between Falcon haters and Lore lovers.

I like that idea, using the ORS stats is a really good way to compromise between Falcon haters and Lore lovers.

Yeah, I've said it before - FFG should never have given the YT-1300 named pilots the same stats in the first place.  The pilot cards should ALL have had the basic Outer Rim Smuggler stats, and the Millennium Falcon title card should have given the stat boost (at the appropriate points cost, of course).

But taking the ORS as the "stock" YT-1300, then adding a few Scum-particular upgrades should make it different enough from the Rebel version.

Thinking through it, I reckon that's probably how FFG did it intially, then decided as the named YTs were the bulk of the expansion and so much was being amped to just make the stat cards read that. While the title may have been a little more lore friendly, the current setup is far more elegant.

In a casual game there is no reason why you could not use a YT-1300 or YT-2400 as a scum and villainy ship as they would be used by criminal organisations such as Black Sun or the Hutt Cartels to transport their ill gotten gains. Any ship produced by a corporation and not by the Rebel Alliance or the Empire would be available to them. 

In a competitive game such as a tournament you would need to stick to the proper forces, but in a casual game as long as your opponent agrees anything could be used. 

The Rebel and Imperial ships are mostly made by corporations. Sienar Fleet Systems, Cyngus Spaceworks, Kuat Drive Yards, Kuat Systems Engineering, Incom, Koensayr, Slayn and Korpil, Hoersch-Kessel (cookiee for anyone who matches those to the ships). It's just that under the Empire they're limited in who they're allowed to sell to: the Empire and planetary defence forces mostly.

Same way it works IRL: companies make arms but can only sell to the government.

So why we have an alternate version of Boba Fett but not other YT-1300

Um... Because the faction HASN'T EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET? Could we please at least wait until we know what the SECOND wave of scum ships is going to be before we start whining about how FFG is doing it wrong?

It's is not silly to think that YT-1300 is used by smugglers. So why we have an alternate version of Boba Fett but not other YT-1300 pilot (not necessary Millenum Falcon pilots)

Because what I see is people demanding more available Falcons. 

I can see a S&V conversion for the Falcon, but I don't see Han inside the S&V Falcon. Lando can be inside it though.

As far as stats go the S&V YT-1300 will have ORS stats (2 firepower, 4 shields, 6 hull) with the exception of Lando.

However you could go for a Rouge and smuggler conversion pack which has 1 civilian Lambda shuttle to include Han with conversion tiles dials and pilot cards for YT-1300 and YT-2400.

I think it would be neat if Scum had a 'stolen ship' title (that would be unique and expensive) that basically said 'This ship and its dial are considered Scum for the duration of this game'  Maybe limit it to generic pilots only so as not to upset the lore

No...just no.

We dont need them having access to literally every ship in the game just because they like to steal stuff or for any other reason for that matter.  They dont need access to the phantom (even the generics), they dont need access to the decimator, and they dont need access to whatever other nifty ships come out for other factions, even if it is simply limited to the generics.  They have already taken the Z-95. Y-wing, HWK-290, and Firespray from the other factions.  How is that already not enough?  Why not try a few more unique ships.  I would be happier to see another *shudder* star viper type ship than the ability to take Imperial and Rebel ships that dont have scum pilots.  With salvaged astromechs and illicit upgrades they already have more unique slots than anyone else in the game...they dont need access to all our ships too.

EDIT to add:

I dont see a problem with an upgrade pack giving them access to the YTs...provided the YTs have scum pilots...Scum (of the seditious and rebellious kind) already fly those ships now any how.  I just dont want to see a blanket title card that gives them access to any ship they want...

Edited by ShakeZoola72

Well let's see....when they announce "Smugglers and Spies" faction they kinda need the YT-1300 as there main large ship.

Keep hoping...I dont see this happening anytime soon.

I am hoping not at all.  We are fine with what we have...hell the 3rd faction isnt even out yet, and some people are already clamoring for a 4th?!

Disclaimer:

If your post was sarcastic my apologies...I have no way of telling.

Because Scum and Villiany are bounty hunters and hardened criminals, not simple smugglers. They are a faction of arguably bad guys, and Han, Lando and Chewie proved in the end that there were not so. And during the galactic civil war they were rebels, whereas Boba Fett was still a bounty hunter.

Thereby nicely setting the stage for the fourth faction:

Rogues and Scoundrels, starring Booster Terrik & Talon Karrde

They have already taken the Z-95. Y-wing, HWK-290, and Firespray from the other factions.  How is that already not enough?

The Z-95 and Y-Wing where common among Pirates and the like. The Firespray should've never been an Imperial craft in the first place. The HWK-290 was a generic civilian fighter, the only reason it belongs with the Rebels is because of Dark Forces.

The YT's like the HWK belong as much to the S&V as anywhere else. It was not by any means a unique ship.

No one is saying that they get access to the Millennium Falcon or any other ship that is belongs to another faction. No Ties, no B or A Wings, ect... Advanced tech like E-Wings or Phantoms is clearly out.

So if they did get a YT conversion pack, it would have S&V pilots, upgrades, ect... Not a S&V version of Han, Lando and Chewie.