Sign in to follow this  
Desslok

Stay on Target details!

Question about the High-G Training talent.

Is this like the Resolve talent (works against involuntary strain), or could it be used to exchange strain from taking a 2nd Maneuver or performing the Punch It action?

High-G is actually worded a little better and specifically states: "(either voluntary or involuntary)". So yes, if the difference isn't high enough, you could jump to your max speed for no SS and can avoid the SS cost for taking a second ship maneuver (although you may still have to deal with personal strain on that front).

Question about the High-G Training talent.

Is this like the Resolve talent (works against involuntary strain), or could it be used to exchange strain from taking a 2nd Maneuver or performing the Punch It action?

High-G is actually worded a little better and specifically states: "(either voluntary or involuntary)". So yes, if the difference isn't high enough, you could jump to your max speed for no SS and can avoid the SS cost for taking a second ship maneuver (although you may still have to deal with personal strain on that front).

This is correct; High-G training is for taking the system strain applied to your ship onto yourself instead, 1 point per Rank of High-G Training, no matter the source (voluntary or involuntary), at any time.

Attention A-Wing Hotshot Pilots!  You many now PUNCH IT with impunity!  ...mind the nose-bleed.

:D

Edited by DarthGM

Of course, with PC droids, what is the downside to calling yourself an astromech? Nothing that I can see.

Unless they want to differentiate the various Droid types, these actions should be available to any Droid with scomp link that is in an astromech socket. Being an astromech would just have the advantage that the droid is more likely to have the appropriate skills for those tasks.

If you're an astromech you can't climb ladders and you need help to reach things on high shelves.   :)

There's no reason that all astromech droids have to be shaped like a trashcan with legs. They could be humanoid, or look like a head on a rolling soccerball. No, that last one is just too silly...

I think the intent is that these new actions are only available to the "trashcans with legs," particularly those with their butts planted in an astromech socket as opposed to being in a pilot's chair or otherwise puttering around a larger ship.  Thus why there's also an astromech socket attachment so that a ship can enjoy the benefit of those additional options (or even just the boost die from having an NPC astromech in the socket).

A socket and a Droid with a scomp link are all that are required. The socket can be built to fit droids of varying size and shape, and I'd imagine that non-IA manufactures offer competing products or that outlaw techs could make whatever you need.

If your player wants his humanoid Astromech droid's socket to look like a bathroom stall with a glory hole for a scomp link, that's not going to change the mechanics of how it works.

There's no reason that all astromech droids have to be shaped like a trashcan with legs. They could be humanoid, or look like a head on a rolling soccerball. No, that last one is just too silly...

We don't know that thing is an astromech, do we? Maybe it is a head on a rolling soccer ball. Maybe all soccer balls are droids in the Star Wars universe (because they make such a nice squealing noise when you kick them).

If your player wants his humanoid Astromech droid's socket to look like a bathroom stall with a glory hole for a scomp link

Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!

Haley, don't Google anything in that sentence!

Actually, I find the concept of what the droid's … connection interface (scomp link) would look like even more - for lack of a better word - ewwwwwwwwww! C3PO should not have … that!

Edit: My trusty game store now takes orders for SoT! Yay!

Edited by Spraug

So maybe it's just me, but take a look at these two creatures:

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/adversaries/creature/1750/

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/adversaries/creature/1757/

When I added the Narglatch I was like "Cool, Suited to the Cold, I hope the Tauntaun is in here too".  Then when the Tauntaun came up a I was a little shocked that it didn't have the same ability.

I mean, come on, this isn't a separate book these two are in that maybe they didn't think of the ability before hand.  These guys are only separated by one page!!

I doubt this would even be classified as an Errata, but it's so frustrating.

Also, Stay on Target is now "complete" in the Index: http://swrpg.viluppo.net/books/book/21/

Assuming it's not a mistake, it's likely because they weren't actually "immune to the effects of cold and below-freezing environments", which can be seen in the way Han is warned that his Tauntaun will freeze to death before it makes it far, and in how his Tauntaun does flat out die from the cold when Han finally reaches Luke.

So it's probably more appropriate for Tauntauns to just get a boost or two in trying to resist the effects of the cold than straight immunity.

Well... I was the one who wrote up the stat blocks for all the beasts in Stay on Target. I still don't have my copy of SoT yet, so I'm not able to do a direct comparison with my own notes. However, I originally wrote the Tauntaun as being "Suited to the Cold" so it is likely that the stat-block line may have been messed up when it was put into the publishing software that FFG uses. I've worked with some publishing programs before, and it can happen that the last line of a block of text can be accidentally hidden when pushing text blocks and graphics around on a page. The "Suited to the Cold" in the stat-block of the Tauntaun was the last item on the list, so it could have easily been accidentally hidden.

Of course, even my word on this isn't official. Lathrop does make a good point, but neither the Narglatch nor the Tauntaun are completely immune to the effects of extreme cold, they're just better at it than say an Aiwha might be :)

Ya, the problem is that "below freezing" is a nebulous term. How far below? All the way to Absolute Zero? The problem wasn't that it was just cold that night but that is was really really cold.

Generally "below freezing" means temperatures below the natural freezing point of water, but somewhere above the natural freezing point of Carbon Dioxide :) At least that's what I had in mind. If it helps, I'm Canadian, so we do know a thing or two about cold weather.