Sign in to follow this  
ThenDoctor

New Supplement in the Works

Looks very interesting...

The idea of Ordo-themed supplements is a neat concept, but I really hope that splitting the "Players Guide" type content into three books isn't too frustrating later when players have to flip back and forth between all the books.

Gotta say, I'm pretty excited!

Hopefully this time they'll actually make three supplements, and not leave on hanging.

Also, I hope they don't repeat the mistakes of Black Crusade and keep pushing out rules supplements and ignoring.. well.. everything else.

Here's to the eventual Ordo Xenos supplement being haphazardly merged with the Ascension supplement...

Remember what I said Fgdsfg about always seeing the worst in things? It's like there isn't a positive bone in your entire body, and every compliment must be delivered with a back hand.

Anyway, yay, it's announced. Been waiting for this one for a while.

BYE

Now I'm really curious about the Sororitas Aptitude(s). I guess this is gonna be a Background, so it will have a Secondary Aptitude. Please be it Finesse and not something awkward like Offense or Leadership  :)

I'm very excited- Hereticus has always been my go-to Ordo and I think it'll work very well in the Askellon sector. Even if the material has been published in the previous edition of Dark Heresy, it looks like they'll be taking a new spin on it.

It's actually bizarre, I had an inkling of a notion that I would see a new sourcebook for Dark Heresy today.

Personally, I'm very excited to see new content from the Dark Heresy team- we've been stagnating with the same material for quite a while (about a year and a half- I think?) and it'll be nice to have some new discussion over new content.

Also, hoping we'll get more skullduggerous Subtlety and Influence rules!

Edited by Kainus

Color me tentatively excited. Sounds like a lot of material to cover in what I assume will be ~200 pages. I'm glad they're doing Hereticus first, being my favorite. Hopefully Sororitas won't be stupidly broken. If it's anything like Radical's Handbook I should enjoy it.

Remember what I said Fgdsfg about always seeing the worst in things? It's like there isn't a positive bone in your entire body, and every compliment must be delivered with a back hand.

He is the platonic ideal of a toxic customer.

Hey now HBMC let's be nice here.

Let's not pretend to like each other when we don't.

Anyway, yay, it's announced. Been waiting for this one for a while.

BYE

What can I say, I'm a realistic kind of person. It's not true that every compliment is delivered with a back hand. You'll catch me gushing when there's something to gush over.

Re-reading my post, I may have come across as overly pessimistic, though. I genuinely look forward to this supplement so I can mine it for useful little nuggets. Not everything is doom and gloom with the WH40kRP line - the art is truly fantastic in DH2, and the fluff always stays useful no matter what.

Hey now HBMC let's be nice here. Most of us were thinking it. This forum is just a bunch of negative nancies really (myself included).

We should avoid negativity, though - it's rarely constructive. The fact remains that it's valid concerns based on previous experience, though.

People asked for an Ordo Xenos supplement for Dark Heresy for years, and were left hanging for unclear reasons, Black Crusade did (and does) suffer from a lack of (non-rules-supplement) content, and Tome of Decay was a mess, even if it did contain some really nice things (and some of those things were downright sabotaged; unaligned daemons, non-enormous daemon engines, etc).

While voicing concerns might sometimes make me sound like a negative Nancy, it is because I'm genuinely concerned based on previous experience and want the developers to be aware of the mistakes made in the past.

Edited by Fgdsfg

I'm still hoping for an Unaligned Tome and/or an adventure supplement for Black Crusade at some point.

I wonder if we can get another half/half; I want my second part of Tome of Decay and you can have the second part of an Unaligned Tome! :D

This approach with half players handboook half disciples of dark gods may make great balance between game mechanics and fluff. It also proves FFG determination to furter invest in 40,000 RPG after all this negative feedback with second edition. I mean it looks like 3 next books to support our Dark Heresy.

Looking forward and very exited. More fluff the better. Third edition gonna bring ambitious mechanics anyway. :))))))

It also proves FFG determination to furter invest in 40,000 RPG after all this negative feedback with second edition. I mean it looks like 3 next books to support our Dark Heresy.

Assuming of course they aren't simply going to repackage rules in supplements DH1 players already own.

We'll see. Anything about a release date?

Well, you can't really blame FFG for only releasing rules supplements, because those are really the only things that sale. Someone in another thread complained about having to buy an adventure in order to get rules for extra homeworlds, which is EXACTLY what FFG wants. If people want lore, there are plenty of sources other than rpg books. Profit margins are so small that FFG can't really afford to put out a super nice production quality book of just lore that (relatively) no one will buy. This has been the successful business model for decades: sell a basic ruleset and setting, then well later books with rules on how to play different parts of the setting.

We'll see. Anything about a release date?

If it's following past releases, its generally Core Rulebook + GM Kit, Adventure Book (3 months later), and Player's Handbook (2-5 months later). Forgotten Gods was right on track at 3 months and Enemies Within has been slated for Q1 2015. My guess would be mid-February to early-March.

If we're really lucky, we could even see before the end of January, but that's not very likely. According to the "Upcoming" section, it hasn't even hit the printers yet.

Well, you can't really blame FFG for only releasing rules supplements, because those are really the only things that sale. Someone in another thread complained about having to buy an adventure in order to get rules for extra homeworlds, which is EXACTLY what FFG wants. If people want lore, there are plenty of sources other than rpg books. Profit margins are so small that FFG can't really afford to put out a super nice production quality book of just lore that (relatively) no one will buy. This has been the successful business model for decades: sell a basic ruleset and setting, then well later books with rules on how to play different parts of the setting.

If this was a good business model that worked for Black Crusade, they would've done the same for Only War. But they didn't.

I get that Rules Supplements sell better, but if you want a line to live, you need other things too.

If this was a good business model that worked for Black Crusade, they would've done the same for Only War. But they didn't.I get that Rules Supplements sell better, but if you want a line to live, you need other things too.

They DID do the same for Only War. The only things out for it are adventures and rule supplements. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by rules supplements?

If this was a good business model that worked for Black Crusade, they would've done the same for Only War. But they didn't.I get that Rules Supplements sell better, but if you want a line to live, you need other things too.

They DID do the same for Only War. The only things out for it are adventures and rule supplements. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by rules supplements?

You did - I'm raising the point that they published nothing but rules supplements for Black Crusade (except for a single adventure) and you say that they only things out for Only War are adventures and rules supplements.

I don't think I've seen anything other than those two things published for any of the settings. What did you think I was talking about?

Edit: Actually, there's bestiaries too, which I guess we should count separately.

So far Only War is fitting a  pretty standard mold; Core Ruleset, GM Kit, Adventure, Rules Supplement, Bestiary, Rules Supplement, Adventure. Meanwhile, Black Crusade got Cure Ruleset, GM Kit, Adventure, Rules Supplement, Rules Supplement, Rules Supplement, (Bad) Rules Supplement.

If they really thought that is the best thing ever, they'd just continue doing rules supplements and nothing else for Only War, but they didn't. And this discussion just reminded me of the fact that Black Crusade never got a proper bestiary, either... D:

Edited by Fgdsfg

I am tentatively excited. What it looks to contain are exciting, a new role, new background, lots of fluff, gear and (I hope), something similar to Cell Directives from the Book of Judgement. As long as they don't follow the Black Crusade system of a few adventure books, three rules supplements and done it should be good. FFG know people were dissatisfied with that model and I trust they'll work to fix it this time around. Rock'n'roll and I look forward to seeing more information on it! Hopefully Sisters won't be Inquisitors Handbook levels and more...I forget the name, but FFGs iteration of them 

I am tentatively excited. What it looks to contain are exciting, a new role, new background, lots of fluff, gear and (I hope), something similar to Cell Directives from the Book of Judgement. As long as they don't follow the Black Crusade system of a few adventure books, three rules supplements and done it should be good. FFG know people were dissatisfied with that model and I trust they'll work to fix it this time around. Rock'n'roll and I look forward to seeing more information on it! Hopefully Sisters won't be Inquisitors Handbook levels and more...I forget the name, but FFGs iteration of them

One. One adventure book and four, foooouuur rules supplements. :D

And I'd love Cell Directives. I love the idea of Cell Directives and I really hope that they'll be doing them for DH2, it could be really interesting. If they start with them already in this book, it can be one of those recurring features that I'd really appreciate.

One. One adventure book and four, foooouuur rules supplements. :D

And I'd love Cell Directives. I love the idea of Cell Directives and I really hope that they'll be doing them for DH2, it could be really interesting. If they start with them already in this book, it can be one of those recurring features that I'd really appreciate.

My bad, may have mixed them together somehow.

Cell Directives were a really neat feature, it's a shame they were introduced so late. 

Hopefully Sisters won't be Inquisitors Handbook levels and more...I forget the name, but FFGs iteration of them 

Space mages?  :P

But I don't think you'd have to fear anything in that regard - from what I've heard about the NPCs already in the game, the studio is committed to its interpretation as presented in DH1 Blood of Martyrs.