Sign in to follow this  
Tailsgod

Card packs

I kinda wish they sold card packs with most of the modification cards and system cards
I can understand leaving special named crew or droid cards to each ship but idk
I would probably buy the **** out of card packs

No.

-sigh- I knew you would say that

... And yet you posted anyway...  ;)

Seriously, though, FFG probably won't do it.  Too much money enticing you to purchase that next ship with the upgrade card you really want.

Sometime during the In-Flight Report Q&A at GenCon 2014, Christian Peterson hinted that they might be do acrylic tokens.  I wish I had the exact video cut to share.  That would be cool.  I could see them including previously errata'd cards.

Soooooo... if you could buy a card pack of 10 upgrade cards for $49.95; would you? No; you would cry about the price and ***** about the cards that were included in said card pack.

bi*ch about... etc...

Edited by OuterRimJob

Why do you think it would be $49.95? I wouldn't have a problem paying $20 though. That seems to be a pretty standard price for the larger based ships. You are also being a bit assuming on what I would be upset about. If I don't like the price I just will not buy it. Pretty simple concept really.

Edited by Trajan1

Hey man, I hear ya.

I officially have no more room in my plano case now that I picked up the Decimator and Outrider.

Plus, I have zero interest in the third faction.

Card packs would make me a very happy guy :)

I think the best solution right now is to purchase off of team covenant's store or buy the ship, keep the upgrades you want, and try to sell the rest via local classifieds.

I don't see the problem with a card pack just for errata cards. Make it cheap but optional. The official FAQ will make the older ones still valid so nobody loses out. Make an announcement reminding people before major tournaments for a few months. Some people will surely still pay for the updated cards with new prints. It could be cheap so no big spending but still turn a profit. Do them by faction if you want. Done.

I think is a good idea, I hear of some players that play and buy only one faction, so they don't have acess to the upgrades that only have some especific ships, and if FFG buy this upgrades they could glad to buy it, and I really want to get more copies of some upgrades without buy all the ship, soo I support this idea, greettings.

But what about a new damage deck?

I don't see the problem with a card pack just for errata cards. Make it cheap but optional. The official FAQ will make the older ones still valid so nobody loses out. Make an announcement reminding people before major tournaments for a few months. Some people will surely still pay for the updated cards with new prints. It could be cheap so no big spending but still turn a profit. Do them by faction if you want. Done.

While both of the ideas above have merit, I think it could lead to some interesting issues, most of them in a formal play setting (tournaments).

First, suppose they do release a new damage deck.  Suppose it completely replaces the original deck.  What if I don't want to purchase it?  After spending nearly $2,000 on this game, am I now excluded from Tournaments because I don't want to purchase a new damage deck?  What if it just supplements the original damage deck, and I don't purchase it?  Again, am I no longer permitted to play tournaments because I can't field a complete damage deck?

The same questions can be asked about Errata'd cards.  Ultimately, down the road, if I don't purchase them, am I going to be forbidden from playing tournaments because I don't have the newly released, updated cards?  Will my original cards become non-valid for formal play?

What do most people do today, if they are playing in a tournament, and they are using an uprade card that has been officially errata'd within the FAQ?  Do they simply remember what the changes are and apply them during the game?  What happens if their opponent is not familiar with the use of the card (since perhaps they never play that faction or have that card)?  Do you keep the FAQ on the table and keep referring to it?  Just curious.

I should point out that if a new damage deck was created, and/or new errata'd cards, I would purchase both.  Quite frankly, I don't play tournaments anymore, due to a lesion in my brain, and the memory issues it creates for me.  If I haven't used an upgrade card that my opponent employs, and I am not familiar with it, I feel bad that I have to keep looking back at an FAQ to remember how the card works.  So much so, that it drastically slows the game.  I have seen the irritation on my opponents faces.  I am always up front about my condition, and also explain the same to the TD (Tournament Director), but it has caused significant issues.

That is the reason I most want updated errata'd cards.  At the same time, I don't want the creation of that or new damage decks to impact the ability of others to play within tournaments; I don't want FFG accidentally alienating their current invested player base.

Just my two cents worth.

Edited by any2cards

That it's inconsistent with FFG's business model for X-wing and that every release has a miniature in it...

...was the conclusion of the last four versions of this thread.

That is not true of accessories (i.e. Dice pack).

An Errata deck accessory pack with affected cards could be released for $4.99. Alternatively, it could become a door prize for the 2015 tournament season, to ensure wide distribution to competitive players and encourage others to play in at least a store tournament.

I also believe FFG would find profit in acrylic token and maneuver template packs as accessories.

RogueMorgan

But what about a new damage deck?

What do most people do today, if they are playing in a tournament, and they are using an uprade card that has been officially errata'd within the FAQ? Do they simply remember what the changes are and apply them during the game? What happens if their opponent is not familiar with the use of the card (since perhaps they never play that faction or have that card)? Do you keep the FAQ on the table and keep referring to it? Just curious.

I usually keep a copy of the FAQ with my X-Wing stuff. If I have something in my list that depends on something written in the FAQ I make sure that I have it with me. Showing up with Keyan Farlander using Jan Ors crew would suck if you weren't allowed to spend your stress on attack rolls that didn't have eyeballs and if you were only allowed to use Jan on other ships.

Edited by WWHSD