Sign in to follow this  
Ken on Cape

Will FFG put out a new Falcon?

I was wondering since the Falcon has a new dish in the new movie, if FFG will come out with an updated model?

I've heard one is planned for as soon as possible to tie in with the movies.

Due in several years, the wave 5 boat needs to refuel and head back to China via the slowest route possible. Then it needs to filled with falcon mk2's one at a time. By craftsmen.

It's an ancient custom. Or something.

They have flat out stated that the game covers galactic civil war AND BEYOND. Since the falcon's dish would have been replaced a few weeks after the battle of endor I don't think there can be any doubt that it is fair game.

Whether FFG actually want to bother developing an entire expansion to justify replacing one little piece on a model, I don't know.

Though some may disagree, episode 7 is not during the galactic civil war.

X-wing miniatures is during the galactic civil war.

CEO Christian Peterson at GenCon 2014: "More generally we're looking at the sort of game as it is, the Galactic Civil War going way forward..."

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/114870-no-prequel-ships-settled/

I suppose it depends on what new tricks have been added over 30 years, too early to tell if the saucer is all that's changed.

A limited run of the movie version for collectors wouldn't hurt if the ship's largely the same.

Don't see them doing a limited run, thats more Attack Wing tactics, but the Falcon could have/probably has changed so I guess its possible.

They have flat out stated that the game covers galactic civil war AND BEYOND. Since the falcon's dish would have been replaced a few weeks after the battle of endor I don't think there can be any doubt that it is fair game.

Whether FFG actually want to bother developing an entire expansion to justify replacing one little piece on a model, I don't know.

I say they'll just leave that up to customizers to handle if you want....but then again there's the chance to break out different pilot cards to go with whoever might fly it in EPVII

I think FFG will give us new ships of EVII, including new Falcon and new Han, remember that the Han that we have is from EIV, 30 years maybe get more abilitties, or better sensors, check the manouvers that the Falcon do in the video, greettings.

For all we know the Falcon ends up outliving Han in the new Star Wars universe. At that point you are going to have new pilots flying it in future films.

I absolutely expect a re-release of the Falcon down the road with an updated look, new pilots and more upgrade cards. Because at the end of the day people will buy it even if they have the original X-Wing Falcon (and as long as they include the right "have to get" upgrade cards people will buy multiples).

I also fully expect a new X-Wing (insert model #) with the new wings and with new pilots. It will be similarly costed as they original but with some small tweaks.

It's going to be glorious!