Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

[OT] Lightsaber Nunchucks

Do you think we will ever see lightsaber nunchucks?  It has long been a dream of mine.  Now granted I'm not talking about having the entire grip be a lightsaber, because obviously that would cut your hand off, but I mean like a normal nunchuck, that extends a smaller blade out of the end.  

I think not. I'm all for exotic lightsabers, but this one is a no-go in my books. Ever used nunchuks before? Sure, they're cool and flashy, but a lot of their moves involve hitting yourself with them before you can swing them the other way. Too much of a risk of self-mutilation there. Also, as soon as someone blocks your attack, that side goes limp and falls towards you unless you swing it back the opposite direction.
And good luck trying to block a lightsaber with those.

Having fooled around with them some back when I as a serious martial arts practioner, I agree with the above sentiments about self mutilation, and the fact that you often leverage them off your own body first as well. They are deadly at the end, but if you get inside their arc, they are mostly useless. There are some cool takedowns and a vicious strangle move you can do with them, but they were originally designed as an agricultural tool that got adapted into a weapon. One thing that nunchucks are really good at is disarming an enemy or trapping an enemy weapon.

Of the different weapons I have some experince with, this would be about the last one I would grab.

first would be my Tavor or PS-90. (Hey, I'm old, not stupid)

Having fooled around with them some back when I as a serious martial arts practioner, I agree with the above sentiments about self mutilation, and the fact that you often leverage them off your own body first as well. They are deadly at the end, but if you get inside their arc, they are mostly useless. There are some cool takedowns and a vicious strangle move you can do with them, but they were originally designed as an agricultural tool that got adapted into a weapon. One thing that nunchucks are really good at is disarming an enemy or trapping an enemy weapon.

Of the different weapons I have some experince with, this would be about the last one I would grab.

first would be my Tavor or PS-90. (Hey, I'm old, not stupid)

Something something hokey religion, something something blaster at your side, kid.

I am not sure why Star-wars doesn't have more automatic weapons

You think the Storm-troopers would get tired of having their rounds blasted back at them and order up something where they could be all smug and go "50 rounds per second, kid, good luck."

I mean, Jango started intelligently with a flame-thrower and a missile launcher, so you'd think the empire would wisen up a bit. Then again, they were led by a Sith...maybe he was using the dark side to muffle common sense to keep the people from rising against him ;)

Asajj had a lightsaber/nunchaku hybrid in the downloadable options for Star Wars Battlefront on XBOX Live.

I was about as impressed as I was with the girl from Farce Unleashed and her lightsaber/tonfun.

The "let's turn every martial arts weapon into a lightsaber" fanboy thing does nothing for me. As others have mentioned, nuncha wouldn't work well with blades on them, you'd end up hurting yourself. And the swing and flash that everyone associates with the weapon in the first place is not it's most effective use; holding it with two hands and using the chain is really the most useful, not that I don't enjoy all the flash.

Do you think we will ever see lightsaber nunchucks?  It has long been a dream of mine.  Now granted I'm not talking about having the entire grip be a lightsaber, because obviously that would cut your hand off, but I mean like a normal nunchuck, that extends a smaller blade out of the end.  

They have existed since 2005, Darth Tyranis assassin used them.  Her lightsabres were shaped his but could be joined at the hilt to be a boublebladed lightsabre OR joined at the hilts with a deadly cord to be a lightsabre nunchuck. 

You can use them in the Xbox / Xbox 360 version of Star Wars Battlefront 2.  They had unlimited endurance for blaster deflection.

I am not sure why Star-wars doesn't have more automatic weapons

You think the Storm-troopers would get tired of having their rounds blasted back at them and order up something where they could be all smug and go "50 rounds per second, kid, good luck."

I mean, Jango started intelligently with a flame-thrower and a missile launcher, so you'd think the empire would wisen up a bit. Then again, they were led by a Sith...maybe he was using the dark side to muffle common sense to keep the people from rising against him ;)

The empire mostly uses autmoatic weapons.  Depending on the level of training a Jedi has, even using plasma throwers, needle cannons, and railgun fired thermal detnators will be blocked with the force. 

Asajj had a lightsaber/nunchaku hybrid in the downloadable options for Star Wars Battlefront on XBOX Live.

I was about as impressed as I was with the girl from Farce Unleashed and her lightsaber/tonfun.

The "let's turn every martial arts weapon into a lightsaber" fanboy thing does nothing for me. As others have mentioned, nuncha wouldn't work well with blades on them, you'd end up hurting yourself. And the swing and flash that everyone associates with the weapon in the first place is not it's most effective use; holding it with two hands and using the chain is really the most useful, not that I don't enjoy all the flash.

I think in order to use the light chucky they do learn to pad themselves with the force.

I think in order to use the light chucky they do learn to pad themselves with the force.

Wow. This is clever.

As clever as it is, it's the kind of clever that makes me stop reading stories or following a mythos. Do a favor for me and never write for any sci-fi properties or comics.

Wow. This is clever.

As clever as it is, it's the kind of clever that makes me stop reading stories or following a mythos. Do a favor for me and never write for any sci-fi properties or comics.

Ehh you do know Jedi, Sith, and other force users do what I mentioned except they use it to defend themselves from other enemies attacks, including direct lightsabre strikes...

in your sig you have written one of the code of the Jedi which in esence is about peace to others ands ones self....  Your attack at me breaks this code.  Are you a Sith?