Sign in to follow this  
Thanatopsis

The Hero Championship 2014

Pretty powerful (as Elrond), but fits more easily into decks, unlike Elrond who requires much tweaking (plus his high threat is a killer).

And yet we all find room for Gandalf. ;)

Speaking of which... This is what I'm talking about. Elrond is extremely hard to go along with Gandalf for instance. Those two alone produce a threat of 26!

Pretty powerful (as Elrond), but fits more easily into decks, unlike Elrond who requires much tweaking (plus his high threat is a killer).

Speaking of which... This is what I'm talking about. Elrond is extremely hard to go along with Gandalf for instance. Those two alone produce a threat of 26!

Wgat! Add Galadriel and you have a really strong deck! The Lord of the Winds posted one on his blog ansd here in the strategy section. They are almost unbeatable.

Wgat! Add Galadriel and you have a really strong deck! The Lord of the Winds posted one on his blog ansd here in the strategy section. They are almost unbeatable.

Please direct me to the deck. I've looked and found his Gandalf/Elrond/Glorifindel deck but not seen one including Galadriel.

Ow, he doesn't use Galadroel but actually you can just swap her out for Splorfindel and let the magic work. Same decklist, you could add one copy of Nenya for the sake of it, but her ability is the most use in this deck. With her you can even add more cards than there are already in it.

Another member of this forum joezim007 has also tried this and had succes if I am noy mistaken. The most fun would be to go try it yourself and report us what your findings are if you will. :)

If you believe that you haven't tried it.  I have been trying to get a Three Elven Rings deck to work for a week now and basically it doesn't.  His eagles version is probably the closest you can come to it though.  Galadriel is not as versatile as Glorifindel.  I'll look for Joezim's deck, but I think I've seen it.

Galadriel is not as versatile as Glorifindel. 

QFT

To be honest, I'm surprised that Glorfindel didn't win either this one or last year's competition. I guess people got fed up with his awesomeness and voted against him.

Galadriel is not as versatile as Glorifindel. 

QFT

To be honest, I'm surprised that Glorfindel didn't win either this one or last year's competition. I guess people got fed up with his awesomeness and voted against him.

Thats what I believe too. I guess most of the players know he is the best, so no need to vote for him anyway

Bullroarer Took, in my instance I have won a lot of games with that deck. So yes I believe that but no I have not not tried it. So you can ask him if you prefer to give me the lie.

Which deck? I have only found one deck with Galadriel/Elrond/Gandalf posted anywhere and that was at cardgamedb. You realize I am not talking about Celeborn right? If so, please post the deck.

Bullroarer Took, in my instance I have won a lot of games with that deck. So yes I believe that but no I have not not tried it. So you can ask him if you prefer to give me the lie.

Which deck? I have only found one deck with Galadriel/Elrond/Gandalf posted anywhere and that was at cardgamedb. You realize I am not talking about Celeborn right? If so, please post the deck.

I posted my deck in the strategy section of this forum, so the focus here can stay at the championship. I look forward to answering your questions there! :)

Elrond. Great impact early, great value late. Threat is the only concern although his resource versatility allows him to be in every deck even if you have to build around him a bit if you want a decent starting threat. I actually think that you have to carefully build around Galadriel more due to her totally lack of combat contribution and total lack of first turn contribution. She most easily compares to other heavy economic engine cards like Bilbo and Theodred which never find their way into my decks. Galadriel's impact on allies sets her apart from those, but the weakness still remains. To make solid use of the free ally questing, you need a good questing ally that can also do something else meaningful. Usually that is simply chump blocking as it is uncommon to be putting into play allies that are good at questing and notably good at something else other than dieing. There is value here in doing the chump block, but it doesn't call to me as something I want to build around. I am very glad to have Galadriel in the card pool because she fills some notable niches that can't be otherwise matched (allowing secrecy at 21 threat, card draw in Spirit). But Elrond supplies so much more value in the game.

congratulations Galadriel.

It came as no surprise to me, and it is a fine champion indeed.

On to next years edition! Who will grab the title then?

Tactics Aragorn?

Lore Legolas?

Spirit Gimli?

Leadership Halbarad?

A new version of the twins?

Time will tell!

Happy new year everyone!