Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Auto Thrusters - Death of X-Wing

I don't like that I'm being forced to buy two of a ship I want four of just be able to run two of them. And they said nothing bad would happen after Asmodee bought FFG.

Not sure you are being forced...

Grats FFG - you have just officially killed X-Wing.  Wave 5 has only been on store shelves for about 30 minutes, and already you have revealed the death of all turretted ships with this ridiculous card.  

Guess I will cancel my Wave 5 pre-order.  Turrtted ships are now officially dead, and that means no more falcon.  Good bye thematic play, good bye "Star Wars" look and feel.   way to ruin a once-good game. 

Totally joking here.   Just figured I was surprised nobody had done a "Sky is falling" thread yet. 

Sure, because ships that fire 360, able to have 2 evades doesnt require any maneuvering was the real spirit of the game

Its a joke, read the text at the bottom.

Also turrets have been in the game since wave 1, range 3 turrets since wave 2.

Well he is correct in that the star viper (or space insect as that is what it looks like) doesn't look star warsy...doesn't have that look and feel...and now I am going to have to buy one of these horrid looking ships to get auto thrusters....

CURSE YOU FFG!!

Personally, I think that, yes, the StarViper is ugly, but it fits well with the insectoid look of the Aggressor and Scyk. It helps establish a signature look for the new faction right off the bat.

I'll be getting 4 so I can overload people who hate the look of the ship.

"Ugly ship?  hehe...get beat by 4 of them!"

You mean 4 unupgraded PS1 ugly ships? I'd take that...do get to improve their aesthetics wit a good stomping once they have been wiped off the board? I'll give the model a bit of credit...it would look lovely as part of a debris field!!

:-P

Well he is correct in that the star viper (or space insect as that is what it looks like) doesn't look star warsy...doesn't have that look and feel...and now I am going to have to buy one of these horrid looking ships to get auto thrusters....

CURSE YOU FFG!!

Personally, I think that, yes, the StarViper is ugly, but it fits well with the insectoid look of the Aggressor and Scyk. It helps establish a signature look for the new faction right off the bat.

Which would be ugly...none of these new models are aesthetically pleasing but at least the syck and the aggressor look like they at least maybe...kinda...possibly belong in star wars...

But yes it does establish a new look...an ugly one.

Sigh ...

Sum-a-b*tch ...

The Sky is Falling again ...

If I only had a nickle every time the sky was falling in this game, I could pay for my Wave 6 order !  :P

If I had a penny every time I got a good ole fashioned belly laugh because of these rage-quitter-topics i would buy you a nice StarViper Expansion, because we are FFG Forum buddies and such.

:lol:

BEHOLD THAT SCUM GLORY!

:D

If I had a penny every time I got a good ole fashioned belly laugh because of these rage-quitter-topics i would buy you a nice StarViper Expansion, because we are FFG Forum buddies and such.

Who needs to eat ...? I got me a forum buddy and a StarViper ... Whooo hooo !!!  :wub:

READ 'EM SOMES AND TELL DIMS HOW FOR AM SMART DAY AM IS ALL A SUDDEN LIKE!

:rolleyes::mellow::lol:

I need to seriously start drinking earlier in the day.  I am way too sober to translate this statement.  I think it means "Hey ... any2cards, that StarViper is on its way ..."

:)  ;)  :P  :D  :ph34r:

Edited by any2cards

Who needs to eat ...? I got me a forum buddy and a StarViper ... Whooo hooo !!!  :wub:

READ 'EM SOMES AND TELL DIMS HOW FOR AM SMART DAY AM IS ALL A SUDDEN LIKE!

:rolleyes::mellow::lol:

I need to seriously start drinking earlier in the day.  I am way too sober to translate this statement.  I think it means "Hey ... any2cards, that StarViper is on its way ..."

:)  ;)  :P  :D  :ph34r:

FO -SHOW!

(For Sure!)

:D

Also, no one is *forcing* you to buy anything.

That's not true at all, I just had a team of FFG Death Commandos burst into my house this morning and force me at gun point to pre-oder 2 Star Vipers!

I wuz gonna dial 911... but then decided to get my Miniatures Market Cart sorted out for next weeks payday sins...

Sowwies.

:ph34r:

Man, do people really hate the look of the StarViper that much? I think it looks awesome: it's like a deadly mix between a butterfly and a handful of razorblades. :3c

Alright, for those who don't want the ship but only the upgrades? Just sell it after you're done, or just buy the cards from people like myself who'll probably get three or four of these bad boys. Heck, there's a trade thread ON THE FORUM here!