Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Auto Thrusters - Death of X-Wing

Grats FFG - you have just officially killed X-Wing.  Wave 5 has only been on store shelves for about 30 minutes, and already you have revealed the death of all turretted ships with this ridiculous card.  

Guess I will cancel my Wave 5 pre-order.  Turrtted ships are now officially dead, and that means no more falcon.  Good bye thematic play, good bye "Star Wars" look and feel.   way to ruin a once-good game. 

Totally joking here.   Just figured I was surprised nobody had done a "Sky is falling" thread yet. 

Edited by Crabbok

Troll much?

Yeah, I'm assuming.  Still, to nip in the bud the actual legit whiners that will be following...

This is a much more minor buff than C-3P0!  Rather than someone that always guarantees you one evade, flat out, for sure, this can get you one evade:

• If you rolled a blank (roll 3 'focus' results?  Shame - hope you focused, this card does nothing!)

...AND...

• If you manage to arc-dodge outside range 1-2 of the primary arc of your opponent.  Has he got you in his sights at range 1?  Too bad for you - this upgrade does nothing!

Well he is correct in that the star viper (or space insect as that is what it looks like) doesn't look star warsy...doesn't have that look and feel...and now I am going to have to buy one of these horrid looking ships to get auto thrusters....

CURSE YOU FFG!!

Right? Autothrusters are (currently, but keeping a semi-open mind) my only interest in picking up a Star Viper.

Well he is correct in that the star viper (or space insect as that is what it looks like) doesn't look star warsy...doesn't have that look and feel...and now I am going to have to buy one of these horrid looking ships to get auto thrusters....

CURSE YOU FFG!!

Right? Autothrusters are (currently, but keeping a semi-open mind) my only interest in picking up a Star Viper.

It's even worse because there are only two in the package. Now I have to buy multiples!  :unsure:

CURSE YOU FFG!!

It's even worse because there are only two in the package. Now I have to buy multiples!  :unsure:

Only two? I am grateful there are that many! What a relief! Yes, this card is as awesome as I'd hoped, but not overpowered imho.

Autothrusters are (currently, but keeping a semi-open mind) my only interest in picking up a Star Viper.

To be honest I'm not sure it's good enough to get me to buy a Star Viper. Personally I think it's the ugliest ship I've ever seen and has no place at all in the Star Wars universe. Plus at $20 per, I won't pay $10 per upgrade.

CURSE YOU FFG!!

Given that it is a small base ship, getting two copies of the card is pretty generous . . . 

The way this perfectly encapsulates the X-wing community is perfect: The overstatment of how good the card even is, the statment that the card 'ruins the theme' or makes certain lists unusably bad, and finally, the threat of quiting the game! Well Played!

CURSE YOU FFG!!

Given that it is a small base ship, getting two copies of the card is pretty generous . . . 

Very much so. Still, I think I'm going to have to try and hit up the secondary market. Not really interested in that icky looking Star Viper.

I don't like that I'm being forced to buy two of a ship I want four of just be able to run two of them. And they said nothing bad would happen after Asmodee bought FFG.

lol Xwing has done this since wave 2. You had to buy Awings to get PTL for interceptors. This has nothing to do with Asmodee.

Grats FFG - you have just officially killed X-Wing.  Wave 5 has only been on store shelves for about 30 minutes, and already you have revealed the death of all turretted ships with this ridiculous card.  

Guess I will cancel my Wave 5 pre-order.  Turrtted ships are now officially dead, and that means no more falcon.  Good bye thematic play, good bye "Star Wars" look and feel.   way to ruin a once-good game. 

Totally joking here.   Just figured I was surprised nobody had done a "Sky is falling" thread yet. 

Sure, because ships that fire 360, able to have 2 evades doesnt require any maneuvering was the real spirit of the game

edit: should have made the small text more visible :D

Edited by Nitratas