Sign in to follow this  
Ernie55

Vader Quietly goes Cow Tipping

Hi folks, I'm a long time lurker round here, but thought I'd dip my toes in and see how it goes.

I came up with a list, hence the silly title, I'd like some outside opinions on.

Vader (29) with Proton Rockets (3) Adrenaline Rush (1)

Whisper (32) ACD (4) VI (1)

OGP Shuttle (21) Ion Cannon (3) Tactician (2) Engine Upgrade (4)

Lemme know what you think :)

Ern

First of off all, welcome you dark lurker.

I played against Vader with prokets and several ties in a tournament.

My initial thought was, easy win but no, I was surprised by how effective the build could be, I did win but only just.

He took Vader with prton rockets EU and black Sq Ties with Predator.

Vader with proton rockets, it's got legs

Edited by Ashley

I Tried Vader with Expose because it gives it X-wing stats at the cost of one of Vader's 2 actions. However wen up against a Roark + Green with Swarm Tactics and 3 Bandits. My shuttle got focused down and in some bad luck died to a console fire.

Vader was next and my 2 Academy pilots could not do a single thing against 3 bandits even after the HWK is destroyed.

The problem with high cost ships is although they are good they are always the first to die.

Expose seems a bit expensive for what it does, especially on an already quite expensive ship.

I stuck the ad rush on vader because I had a point spare, but do like the idea of dropping stress and ion on a ship in one go.

I gotta admit, I dont normally care for ion weapons, I figure if you ave 3 red dice to throw you may as well kill it .. but I'm amused at the ion stress combo here.. I might have to take a 3 shuttle list with it and see if its as much fun as I imagine.. lol

Ok.. I got it.. he Peek-a-boo Ionic stress Bison

3x

Lambda shuttle: Omicron Group Pilot (21)

Ion canon (3)

Engine upgrade (4)

Fire contol system (2)

Tactician (2)

Intel agent (1)

99 total points, and ionic stressful fun.. think ill give it a ty next week.. lol

Edited by oneway

I usually try and set Vader up with an attack-enhancing EPT rather than a mobility one.   He has good mobility as it is (great if you give him an Engine Upgrade) and only lacks in the firepower department.   The Prockets are a good start, but are a one-shot thing, how about Outmaneuver or Predator instead?

I'd lose Ad Rush and ion cannon to add engine on Vader

I'd lose Ad Rush and ion cannon to add engine on Vader

This, id also consider dropping the shuttles engine to give Vader an offensive ept, preferably outmaneuver or predator depending on what phase of the game you want to improve