Sign in to follow this  
Jaden Ckast

Ig-2000 dial?

So am I the only one excited about ig-2000 or what?! Lately everyone has been talking about fat things with the yt2400 and decimator rolling out here soon. The ig-2000 looks to be amazing tho, with bwing durability and 3 evades and 3 attack plus lots of different actions including segnor loop and sharing of pilot skills. However the one thing I'm worried about is the dial. I imagine with how amazing the stats seem that we will get a sub par dial. I'm guessing something between a tie bomber and shuttle. Any thoughts on this?

The one thing I'm worried about is needing to buy probably 3 large ships to take advantage of that sweet IG-2000 title.

Ffg was kind enough to give it a high enough base cost that you'll only be able to put 2 into any 100 point list.

There might be a point or two difference depending on what FFG have done with the pilot abilities, but I would be very surprised if it's more than that. It certainly couldn't vary enough to allow three of them at 100 points.

Edited by DR4CO

I think that based solely on the fact that he has a single firing arc,  his maneuverability will be pretty good.  Segnors loop is nice and all, but he is going to need more than that to get shots off against phantoms, interceptors, and awings.

As for his shared pilot ability...   normal 100 point games or tournaments its not that exciting,  but that could prove to be pretty useful in escalation or Epic.

The one thing I'm worried about is needing to buy probably 3 large ships to take advantage of that sweet IG-2000 title.

Well it's going to have a Segnor's Loop on it, so there might be some manoeuvrability in there. But at 36 points for one, you'd be hard pressed to put three in a list.

The most you can fit in a 100 point standard squadron is 2 that is assuming all the point values stay the same for pilots A-D. But you will need at-least 2 to make use of the title card.

I think that based solely on the fact that he has a single firing arc,  his maneuverability will be pretty good.  Segnors loop is nice and all, but he is going to need more than that to get shots off against phantoms, interceptors, and awings.

As for his shared pilot ability...   normal 100 point games or tournaments its not that exciting,  but that could prove to be pretty useful in escalation or Epic.

Ya that's what I'm speculating on is what his dial will be like. I mean bwings are sturdy with just 1 evade dice and igg will have 4hull and 4 shield with 3 evades! So it's going to make them a lot harder to bring down which seems to me like ffg will give it a mediocre dial or sub mediocre.

But, they are also a large ship. And they have to dogfight. I imagine they will be great against the other large ships, but smaller, more nimbler craft will give Iggy some trouble. I imagine it will be close to either the Outrider's or Falcon's dial. 

But, they are also a large ship. And they have to dogfight. I imagine they will be great against the other large ships, but smaller, more nimbler craft will give Iggy some trouble. I imagine it will be close to either the Outrider's or Falcon's dial.

Those are still good dials tho and they only have 1-2 evade dice. If they do indeed give him a dial like that I forsee competition for the dual firespray lists. Imagine iggy with a stealth device. 4 evade dice on a 8 hp ship and good maneuverability. Might be my new go to list ;)

But, have you tried dogfighting with a Large base? The Falcon, Outrider, and Firespray have the advantage of turrets and auxiliary arcs. Not Iggy. He has to keep ships in his front arc, and with his Large base speed, that can be difficult. Now, the S-loop will help, but that will leave him stressed. 

I have made good use of a Firespray and a HLC, but it isn't exactly easy. I'm pretty certain why it has as good stats as it does is because of the lack of auxiliary arc. And, having flown a Defender, I know how dangerously fragile those stats could be. 

I could see different point values for each of the four, assuming they are releasing all four in this Wave!?!?

Hence, they could squeeze three in at 100, and all four could be used at 150 for sure! Yet another good reason to play 150 pt matches!!

But, have you tried dogfighting with a Large base? The Falcon, Outrider, and Firespray have the advantage of turrets and auxiliary arcs. Not Iggy. He has to keep ships in his front arc, and with his Large base speed, that can be difficult. Now, the S-loop will help, but that will leave him stressed. 

I have made good use of a Firespray and a HLC, but it isn't exactly easy. I'm pretty certain why it has as good stats as it does is because of the lack of auxiliary arc. And, having flown a Defender, I know how dangerously fragile those stats could be.

Ya that's true the aux arc and turret help a lot. Hmmmm well this changes everything haha.