Sign in to follow this  
mikeespo

wave 5

I was content on stopping at wave 4 plus Rebel aces. I had no intention of getting any EU large ships...

Then, just for kicks, I watched some videos on BGG, I am now finding that I can't wait to get BOTH new ships from wave 5.

I find that I must have all the cool updates and new pilots...and the scenarios.

What is it about this system that sucks you in? :D

I will be getting only 1 Decimator from wave 5 and no outriders.

From wave 6 I will be getting:

2x Most Wanted

3x Star Vipers

4x Scyks

2x IG 2000

And a Hwk and 2nd Firespray on the side.

No idea about Wave 7 until I see it.

Im getting myself a decimator.

My mum is determined to get me an xmas present, i've tried to explain to her i dont really do xmas as im not a christian but she'll end up buying me some awful jersey and aftershave anyway so i'm asking her for an outrider as i think it looks ok.

Its a bit embarassing having your mum buy you toys for xmas at 40 but hey ho....

I'll be getting one Outrider and one Decimator. I won't be buying anything from Wave 6. After that... depends what they release. I'd definitely buy TIE Avenger, Assault Gunboat, T-Wing (if Rebel), R-41 Starchaser (again, only if Rebel) but after that, they've pretty much run out of ships I know well, so it'll be a case of maybe picking up one or two in the future if they're interesting enough (like the Decimator) but otherwise tapering off my X-Wing habit (but still playing just as often!)

My mum is determined to get me an xmas present, i've tried to explain to her i dont really do xmas as im not a christian but she'll end up buying me some awful jersey and aftershave anyway so i'm asking her for an outrider as i think it looks ok.

Its a bit embarassing having your mum buy you toys for xmas at 40 but hey ho....

It's okay it's not even a real Christian holiday they stole it from the pagens, the feast of saturnalia was the original winter celebration and they used to bring trees inside as a symbol of them protecting nature from the cold of winter.

If jesus was real he would of been born around June or July.

Edited by Hobojebus

It's okay it's not even a real Christian holiday they stole it from the pagens, the feast of saturnalia was the original winter celebration and they used to bring trees inside as a symbol of them protecting nature from the cold of winter.

My research indicated February, but otherwise dead on.

I mean I am fine, just a little bump that's all i need. I mean really i can stop it's not like i need need NEED it. I mean i can stop. I got a Decimator and it's fine. I played a bunch of games with it already. a little bump that's it. I mean like for real Wave five is fine, I guess Rebel Aces, sniff, will be okay. I mean I can stop whenever. It's not like NEED this stuff, the new pilots and Scum and Villiany Faction will be okay. Just a little bump it will be okay.... right. 

I think this is a really bad place to have a religious debate. That said, saying "Christmas isn't a real Christian holiday" is a gross insult to the 1/3 of humanity that follows that faith. I'll grant lots of "Christmas traditions" are derived from pagan practices (shoot, look at Easter and Halloween for overlap between the two), but the coincidences (and co-opting) of specific dates have very little to do with the principles behind the religious observances. "Respect each other" is a concept that should transcend religious beliefs, and is completely in keeping with X-Wing's "fly casual" ethos.

I think this is a really bad place to have a religious debate. That said, saying "Christmas isn't a real Christian holiday" is a gross insult to the 1/3 of humanity that follows that faith. I'll grant lots of "Christmas traditions" are derived from pagan practices (shoot, look at Easter and Halloween for overlap between the two), but the coincidences (and co-opting) of specific dates have very little to do with the principles behind the religious observances. "Respect each other" is a concept that should transcend religious beliefs, and is completely in keeping with X-Wing's "fly casual" ethos.

I don't think anyone is trying to have a debate. Except you. Fly casual should include not trying to start a flamewar out of someone's factual post. Especially one that wasn't particularly anti-christian. Thump thine bible elsewhere.

Also not trying to have a debate or a flame war (like I said, this is a bad place for it, although I fear we're starting one). The post I objected to was fairly anti-Christian ("[Christmas isn't] even a real Christian holiday" and "if Jesus was real") and the point I was trying to make was that I found it a disrespectful statement. That's all. If you interpret that as "Bible thumping," then you've missed my point. There are ways to talk about religion, faith, and spirituality peacefully and respectfully, and casually dismissing two major elements of a major religion as counterfeit is not one of those ways.

I don't think anyone is trying to have a debate. Except you. Fly casual should include not trying to start a flamewar out of someone's factual post. Especially one that wasn't particularly anti-christian. Thump thine bible elsewhere.

I will keep buying as long as the expansion packs remain balanced and interesting. As soon as power creep... uh, creeps... into the game I'll be backing off. I don't see that happening at the moment though. Although I'm also going to be a bit more wary with this new merger happening with FFG.