Sign in to follow this  
pbpanchotest

Asmodee is merging with FFG...

It sounds like the most drastic changes are going to be the overseas distributors. Whenever the contract is up, it sounds like Asmodee will take over. No idea on whether that is good or not. 

Any changes are likely to be later next year. I am a bit curious to see the long term effects of this merger. As I have no experience with Asmodee, I have no idea what to expect. 

Interesting. In the last few years several of the best U.S. game manufacturers have been acquired by foreign companies. 

Asmodee bought out Days of Wonder earlier this year.

Filosophia bought out Z-man Games a few years ago.

Hopefully this is a good thing...? Expanded player bases, distribution, and all that...?

Edited by cyclopeatron

It sounds like the most drastic changes are going to be the overseas distributors. Whenever the contract is up, it sounds like Asmodee will take over. No idea on whether that is good or not. 

Any changes are likely to be later next year. I am a bit curious to see the long term effects of this merger. As I have no experience with Asmodee, I have no idea what to expect. 

Asmodee is a pretty big board game publisher already.  They're known for excellent component quality.  The company they bought earlier this year is as well, as is FFG.  So I think we can expect that to stay consistent!

My only experience with Asmodee is their game Formula D, a remake of Formula DE.  The game is great, and the quality is great.  The only thing that sucks is that it takes Asmodee ***YEARS*** to come out with expansion tracks.

Sure hope that does not become the norm for FFG games.

I hope there aren't any layoffs in the U.S. as a result of this.

BTW, I hope people ignore the word "merger" and recognize this for what it is: Asmodee buying Fantasy Flight.

It seems unlikely, as it sounds like they bought in part because of FFG's North American distribution network. I'm not entirely sure what Asmodee's current set up is like, but since it is based overseas, I imagine they like FFG for their base of North American options. I don't imagine any immediate layoffs as they try to organize everything. 

Note that it said some FFG properties will transfer to Asmodee ans some Asmodee properties will transfer to FFG.

This sounds like a merger FFG struck up to improve their overseas distribution.

Also note that they distribute Magic. Hopefully Asmodee's distribution network can improve the availability of FFG products (end of stock issues hopefully).

Edited by s1n