Jump to content
KCDodger

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

He must hate Bendu and Ahsoka then...

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bendu

He probably does actually. He is on record with his disdain towards Disney and how they are handling the story. He is contractually not allowed to say much negatively towards Disney's handling of Star Wars.

Edited by Shadowshand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Shadowshand said:

He probably does actually. He is on record with his disdain towards Disney and how they are handling the story. He is contractually not allowed to say much negatively towards Disney's handling of Star Wars.

Well. Too bad.

Because three films on one planet about anti-midichlorians would have been REALLY STUPID. Also would have disregarded the EU! Like he always did. I'm not sad that George Lucas doesn't have executive control over Star Wars. It's been better since he hasn't.

Yes, I mean that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Well. Too bad.

Because three films on one planet about anti-midichlorians would have been REALLY STUPID. Also would have disregarded the EU! Like he always did. I'm not sad that George Lucas doesn't have executive control over Star Wars. It's been better since he hasn't.

Yes, I mean that.

It is intriuging to see opinions like these. Absolutely nothing Disney has done, other than the stories told within the original six films have been exillerating or highly praised, nor followed what George had begun. Everything that came before Disney, even if it wasn't lauded with praise, has been objectively better to the majority of the fanbase as a whole and felt like Star Wars. I don't agree with George on politics and how he overrode his story much myself, or the constnt changes he made, but it is HIS story, and seeing how HE wanted it done. Disney didn't make anything better sadly, and lied to George and the fanbase about keeping Star Wars, "Star Wars". I personally don't care if one likes Star Wars how it is now with how everything occured after ROTJ, and I respect your opinion, although to make it short, I just simply don't agree with the points that I have made valid, and many others share that same understanding, and respect and understand where George is coming from on the matter.

I should note, my only reasoning for my last response and this one, as well as these posts being responded to, is irrelevant to the what was being shared originally about FPJ's opinion of how the force works, and I simply shared how his opinion is irrelevant, nor correct for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shadowshand said:

It is intriuging to see opinions like these. Absolutely nothing Disney has done, other than the stories told within the original six films have been exillerating or highly praised, nor followed what George had begun. Everything that came before Disney, even if it wasn't lauded with praise, has been objectively better to the majority of the fanbase as a whole and felt like Star Wars. I don't agree with George on politics and how he overrode his story much myself, or the constnt changes he made, but it is HIS story, and seeing how HE wanted it done. Disney didn't make anything better sadly, and lied to George and the fanbase about keeping Star Wars, "Star Wars". I personally don't care if one likes Star Wars how it is now with how everything occured after ROTJ, and I respect your opinion, although to make it short, I just simply don't agree with the points that I have made valid, and many others share that same understanding, and respect and understand where George is coming from on the matter.

I should note, my only reasoning for my last response and this one, as well as these posts being responded to, is irrelevant to the what was being shared originally about FPJ's opinion of how the force works, and I simply shared how his opinion is irrelevant, nor correct for that matter.

Look I'm glad you respect my opnion... But it's no less of an opinion than yours. If you're really going to say nothing has been lauded or exciting...

Man...

Where have you been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Look I'm glad you respect my opnion... But it's no less of an opinion than yours. If you're really going to say nothing has been lauded or exciting...

Man...

Where have you been?

Out in the real world, and seeing things as they should be by many, many others, including seeing George's "opinion" as you kindly stated.

I am a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shadowshand said:

Out in the real world, and seeing things as they should be by many, many others, including seeing George's "opinion" as you kindly stated.

I am a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.

I've been out in the real world too, you know. It's not like I live in my mother's basement.

Good gracious if you only knew what an ordeal I've been through this last month... Please think twice before making such an assertion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Lackwit said:

I've been out in the real world too, you know. It's not like I live in my mother's basement.

Good gracious if you only knew what an ordeal I've been through this last month... Please think twice before making such an assertion.

Could've fooled me. Please think twice about asking such a question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

 

te03f9tjb5s31.jpg

 

I love this image so much.

Luke's and Ahsoka's happiness of remembering Anakin.

Ben's interest in his grandfather.

In the Falcon cockpit, with Han's dice dangling.

And Leia's unreadable expression. Probably conflicted, this is the man who became Vader who did so much to her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 12:30 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

 

I honestly just want to drink 1942 with this guy.  

 

Lol all the F bombs! That’s  quite a rant but I agree with him, though I wouldn’t go so far as to call out fans like that. Someone must’ve really pissed him off.

Legends stories introduced a lot of concepts and ideas about the force that weren’t original from GL which we have accepted as gospel truths. Holding on to that has colored how some fans have viewed the sequel trilogy and the new canon as a whole. Fortunately I’ve been able to enjoy Disney era SW largely thanks to being able to let go of my preconceived notions of what the force is. I’m paying more attention to it now more then I ever did back in the day as an EU fan. 

Edited by Wraithdt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 12:34 PM, Firebird TMK said:

I won't change anyone's opinion on Disney Star Wars, but I will just say I agree with those who consider DSW non-canon and who think Disney has destroyed the Star Wars universe.  So much so that I'm getting rid of all my Resistance ships.  I stand with the Fandom Menace.

9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_scr

Same. I sold all of my Resistance and First Order ships for that exact reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the same vein as the thread about x-wing and children, what is youngest/best age to watch this show with children?

If I recall it right, Netflix had it rated 7+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

In the same vein as the thread about x-wing and children, what is youngest/best age to watch this show with children?

If I recall it right, Netflix had it rated 7+.

I watched it with some nephews and nieces under that age and did alright. The only thing I remember being a problem was an episode in the 3rd season that dealt with Witches of Dathomir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...