Jump to content
Captain Lackwit

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Well, thinking more about it, Grievous originated in the animated series in 2004, and then appeared Ep. III in 2005, so its not its never happened.

He was already planned for ROTS before the animation came out but it's a good point.

I'd say it's also a good point that extremely alien ideas are much easier to translate because it's easier to rely on costumes or CGI for that. The more human a character is, the more you don't want to use CGI for all of it. Then again, even the human characters don't look entirely human in that animation style anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

 

James Earl Jones and Ian McDiarmid now voice their respective roles in Rebels Seige of Lothal.  

 

 

I thought James Earl Jones *always* voiced Vader in Rebels?

Ian McDiarmid is news, though - will this be the version on Disney+, or....?

(Now, if you can convince him to do Clone Wars, too...I mean, the voice actors they used were really quite good, but...Ian McDiarmid is Ian McDiarmid, right?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 5:59 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

James Earl Jones and Ian McDiarmid now voice their respective roles in Rebels Seige of Lothal.  

Is this the version on the streaming service? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 8:00 PM, xanderf said:

(Now, if you can convince him to do Clone Wars, too...I mean, the voice actors they used were really quite good, but...Ian McDiarmid is Ian McDiarmid, right?)

I don't know, I was completely thrown off when Tim Curry all of the sudden started voicing Palpatine in the last season (or maybe the last 2?) of the clone wars.  I couldn't have been the only one.  Not to say that Time Curry isn't a national treasure, just was surprised when he showed up as a well known character.  

Edited by Whalers on the moon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 12:39 PM, kris40k said:

Its basically already happened in Solo since they had Just Maul appear at the end with the combined talents of Ray Park (from Ep. I) and Sam Witwer (from The Clone Wars and Rebels)

Sam Witwer Is not only from The Clone wars and Rebels, He's the voice and semi-body of STARKILLER(AKA Galen Marek AKA The Greatest Force User of all time) he is one of my favorite video game voice actors. I'm disappointing that they still haven't reintroduced Starkiller.... Rebels would have been perfect for that, and having Starkiller sent in by Vader secretly while the Inquisitorius are hunting him along side the Spectre cell, having him slowly be convinced by Ezra that the path he's taking is dark, and during the finale he tries to rescue Ezra before he jumps to light-speed and gets trapped on the stardestroyer with Thrawn and Ezra. Sorry about my tangent.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ArcticJedi said:

Sam Witwer Is not only from The Clone wars and Rebels, He's the voice and semi-body of STARKILLER(AKA Galen Marek AKA The Greatest Force User of all time) he is one of my favorite video game voice actors. I'm disappointing that they still haven't reintroduced Starkiller.... Rebels would have been perfect for that, and having Starkiller sent in by Vader secretly while the Inquisitorius are hunting him along side the Spectre cell, having him slowly be convinced by Ezra that the path he's taking is dark, and during the finale he tries to rescue Ezra before he jumps to light-speed and gets trapped on the stardestroyer with Thrawn and Ezra. Sorry about my tangent.........

Frankly, I'm glad Starkiller wasn't reintroduced. No offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ArcticJedi said:

That's fair, I'm sure your mostly glad because he was too overpowered, as long as that's the case, than that makes perfect sense to me.

Well, I wasn't keen on his story, either. The game was advertised as being Vader's apprentice, and what happens? We go good. Oh yay. Haven't seen that story a million times.

god, you LITERALLY find a blue Kyber Crystal in a HALLWAY on an Imperial, secret medical ship! Come oooooooonnnnnn.

Then you go slap Darth Vader, and EVEN PALPATINE around. And somehow... The entire Rebellion's leadership gets away- oh right, because Palpatine allowed it... And then for some reason, FOR SOME reason, the whole Rebellion ends up on Kashyyyk and like, stares at Kento Marek's table and is like

"boy starkiller sure did die for our sins cause, let's use this symbol as our own"

And SO STARKILLER, VADER'S FORMER APPRENTICE, MADE THE REBELLIIIOOOOOON

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Remember how the sequel ended with Vader literally laughing like a saturday morning cartoon villain?

With all due respect, I hate The Force Unleashed and every bit of EU storytelling it represents. When Disney said they were not following EU stories for their canon, TFU and TFU II were some of the biggest reasons I breathed a breath of fresh air.

Rest, but not in peace, TFU.

Edited by Captain Lackwit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 10:36 AM, ArcticJedi said:

Your concerns are legitimate, even if I don't agree with you, and I found your rant on the topic pretty funny, it gave me a good laugh(Not meant to be offensive, and it's not your reasoning either.).

I am to please..!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:58 PM, kris40k said:

Well, thinking more about it, Grievous originated in the animated series in 2004, and then appeared Ep. III in 2005, so its not its never happened.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:29 PM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

He was already planned for ROTS before the animation came out but it's a good point.

I'd say it's also a good point that extremely alien ideas are much easier to translate because it's easier to rely on costumes or CGI for that. The more human a character is, the more you don't want to use CGI for all of it. Then again, even the human characters don't look entirely human in that animation style anyway.

As another example, then, Saw Gerrera was introduced in Clone Wars a long time before Rogue One was planned, and they decided to use him as their 'lead'.

Retroactively putting him into Rebels with Forest Whittaker's look was as a result of the film, obviously, but the character was a pure animated creation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

As another example, then, Saw Gerrera was introduced in Clone Wars a long time before Rogue One was planned, and they decided to use him as their 'lead'.

Retroactively putting him into Rebels with Forest Whittaker's look was as a result of the film, obviously, but the character was a pure animated creation.

Saw is a much better example. Good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...