KCDodger

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

3 hours ago, Olddog said:

I think we will see Krennic as Tarkin mentions Stardust to Thrawn, (latest season 4 Rebels trailer). if Thrawn survives season 4, the story path could be open to seeing more of the Chiss. Personally I don't Claw craft as I don't see them as uglies, (Though I'd like to see uglies in x wing for the Scum and Villiany). Think seaon 4 will be good for X wing. Hopefully we'll get more Mandalorian ships as a result, that can run as S&V or Empire or even possibly Rebs as well.

Sadly, Filoni himself shot diwn the idea if Krennic appearing in Rebels. He joked that it was because Krennic's cape alone would take half of the show's budget. He really wanted to do a scene with Vader, Thrawn, Krennic, Tarkin, and the Emperor, but said the number of capes in that scene would be way too expensive to animate.

The only thing that will keep Thrawn in the game after this season is the fact that Timothy Zahn wants to write a new trilogy of books. The character is crazy popular so that's guranteed dough for disney. 

Otherwise I don't think he would be long for this world by season 4's end.

Thrawn will stay in the game for a long, long time.  Bendu prophecised his "defeat", but that might just be him being politically manoeuvered into a corner and then forced to spearhead an Imperial occupation of some unknown sector with vastly inferior troops at this disposal.  Of course, knowing Thrawn, he would still find a way to turn it around, but maybe only after the second Death Star is destroyed.

Defeat is such a relative term.

25 minutes ago, dotswarlock said:

forced to spearhead an Imperial occupation of some unknown sector with vastly inferior troops at this disposal

I think I've said this before; I'd write Thrawn convincing Ezra and Kanan to join him in fighting some outside enemy in uncharted space. This neatly removes the two pseudo-Jedi from the scene before the events of Rogue One (where they absolutely would have been used if they were around) while still leaving them in play for some other adventures (read: money making opportunities). 

1 hour ago, wfain said:

I think I've said this before; I'd write Thrawn convincing Ezra and Kanan to join him in fighting some outside enemy in uncharted space. This neatly removes the two pseudo-Jedi from the scene before the events of Rogue One (where they absolutely would have been used if they were around) while still leaving them in play for some other adventures (read: money making opportunities). 

Or, you know, he kills them. Obviously we've seen that the franchise is very able to do this with Rogue One and it'd actually be quite a bit neater. No loose ends.

1 hour ago, wfain said:

Mon mothma: Dont you know a jedi? That was your cell that handled the tie defender, right?

Bail Organa: um... about that... uh, I know another one, though.

15 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

I really hope Ezra and Kanan bite the dust in this season. It's would be too stupid to have Ezra shoehorned into being "the other" that Yoda was referring to, when everyone knows it was Leia. 

Ezra kills Kanan, turns evil and Sabine hunts down and kills Ezra.  Then Chopper kills everyone, leaves and starts the Droid Empire.

the thing is, "there is another" was not in reference to jedi.. it was in reference to Luke being "our only hope". so you have to think about what 'hope' he represents. because Yoda and obiwan aren't concerned with the fall of the Empire. at no point do they ever emphasis that. nor do they put a lot of emphasis on rebuilding the jedi.

what are they concerned about? The balance of the Force. defeating the Sith. the whole chosen one thing. Anakin was supposed to bring it about, but he went Sith. Luke then became 'the chosen one'..

that is the "Hope" Obiwan referred to. which means that no matter how many force users exist in the setting, the other Yoda speaks of is always going to be Leia, as the other child of Anakin. the spare Chosen One.

and the whole 'Last Jedi' thing from the new film doesn't mean they have to die either. we see Ashoka no longer claims to be Jedi, because she left the order (and she was a padawan at the time, so she would not even be an ex-jedi). Kanan was a Padawan, no where near trained. and while he in the past clung to his almost-Jedi identity, in season 3 we see him moving farther away from the jedi identity.. preserving the better parts of jedi philosophy, and dropping the parts that no longer work.

ultimately, even Ezra is not learning to be a jedi.. he is learning to be a Force User soldier with a mix of half-understood Jedi, Clone Trooper, Mandalorian, and Pirate traditions.

and that is a few years before Yavin.. by 35 years after Yavin, who knows what new traditions might have grown out of Kanan and Ezra's experiences and the new philosophies and approaches they were developing?

59 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

I really hope Ezra and Kanan bite the dust in this season. It's would be too stupid to have Ezra shoehorned into being "the other" that Yoda was referring to, when everyone knows it was Leia. 

Filoni has stated that it can't be. Only Luke and Leia were able to defeat Vader, and not because of some random power level. 

1 hour ago, GrimmyV said:

Ezra kills Kanan, turns evil and Sabine hunts down and kills Ezra.  Then Chopper kills everyone, leaves and starts the Droid Empire.

Plot Twist Chopper IS IG-88. 

@mithril2098 I think you try to hard to the knights of Ren angle, even when it would be totally star wars, totally space opera style to make ezra the original grey knight and Kylo Ren the guy who planned all along to defeat Snoke. Which would explain his incompetence at anything in TFA as well and redeem the movie in my eyes. 

Some important news.

We have a (very unusual) schedule: "late-Sunday (early-Monday) night from 12:30-1:30am ET/PT with 2 back-to-back episodes each week." No mid-season break.

This is certainly strange, but very convinient, especially in my timezone. Two fresh episodes of Rebels every Monday morning.

ANd the titles of the first six episodes:

• 4×01-02 “Heroes of Mandalore: Part 1 & 2″ (October 16th, 2017)
  • 4×03-04 “In the Name of the Rebellion: Part 1 & 2″ (October 23rd, 2017)
  • 4×05 “The Occupation” (October 30th, 2017)
  • 4×06 “Flight of the Defender” (October 30th, 2017)

12 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Some important news.

We have a (very unusual) schedule: "late-Sunday (early-Monday) night from 12:30-1:30am ET/PT with 2 back-to-back episodes each week." No mid-season break.

This is certainly strange, but very convinient, especially in my timezone. Two fresh episodes of Rebels every Monday morning.

That's the first-run of each episode?  Not, like, a rerun or something?

I dunno, seems odd to air a kids show half an hour after midnight - some piece of information seems to be missing, here...

On 9/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, SEApocalypse said:

@mithril2098 I think you try to hard to the knights of Ren angle, even when it would be totally star wars, totally space opera style to make ezra the original grey knight and Kylo Ren the guy who planned all along to defeat Snoke. Which would explain his incompetence at anything in TFA as well and redeem the movie in my eyes. 

what Knights of Ren angle? i didn't mention the Knights of Ren at all.

i think your projecting your own views onto me.

Edited by mithril2098

40 minutes ago, xanderf said:

I dunno, seems odd to air a kids show half an hour after midnight - some piece of information seems to be missing, here...

First run, then they show it I think three times during the day.

It looks like they just want to be done with it to be honest :P

EDIT
Also note that the last two episodes should be out a week before TLJ. Take it as you will but I'm sure it will spawn a bunch of conspiracy theories.

Edited by eMeM

1 hour ago, eMeM said:

First run, then they show it I think three times during the day.

It looks like they just want to be done with it to be honest :P

EDIT
Also note that the last two episodes should be out a week before TLJ. Take it as you will but I'm sure it will spawn a bunch of conspiracy theories.

Well - that and the Han Solo movie being out in May 2018, just a few months after TLJ hits theaters.  That makes it an otherwise-curiously-long-void of Star Wars media until Episode IX drops in May of 2019.

Unless, of course, it's to make room for the only-hinted-at-in-passing new animated series.

Episode IX has been pushed back to December.

I think there is a possibility that we will see the new show a year from now, fall 2018, but they'd have to start the hype machine early next year, you don't just release something like this without the build up.

On 09/09/2017 at 0:44 AM, Sithborg said:

Filoni has stated that it can't be. Only Luke and Leia were able to defeat Vader, and not because of some random power level. 

Otherwise it would make zero sense for Obi-Wan to send Ezra away and keep watching Luke. At least Yoda and Obi-Wan seem positive only Anakin's children can turn things around.

On 2017-09-08 at 4:19 PM, FlyingAnchors said:

As long  as my beloved tie defender makes it out of prototype stage and avoids budget cuts. Also surviving season 4 would be nice. Unlikely, but nice.

Maintain hope that Thrawn sends the plans back to the Chiss with one of his talent searches, a la Eli Vanto.

16 hours ago, xanderf said:

The article I read about the new time slot said it was because it gets the episodes onto "On Demand" sooner.

Jim

20 hours ago, xanderf said:
20 hours ago, eMeM said:

Some important news.

most of the time when you see scheduling like that, it is the network trying to kill a show by putting it into a timeslot where its ratings will suck.