Captain Lackwit

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

41 minutes ago, Tailsgod said:

Its looking like Hera and Chopper may be the only ones to make it out of this series.... and if this series goes up to after Rogue one.... maybe even only Hera

Chopper was in Rogue One. I doubt they go beyond Rogue One in Rebels Season 4, but it's possible. 

2 hours ago, DailyRich said:

Can we talk about Hera weaponizing the jump to lightspeed by doing it inside a hangar full of TIEs?

Well now we know what happened to the (surviving) guavian death gang and kanjaklub enforcers on Hans transport in TFA. 

Guess once he got the falcon back, he didn't much care what happened to his big freighter.

8 hours ago, All Shields Forward said:

Looks like a TIE Defender got jacked.

7 hours ago, eMeM said:

Hopefully by Sabine.

Where's the dislike button!!

7 hours ago, Ironlord said:

Even in TTT, Thrawn isn't especially malicious or cruel. And his ability to deduce stuff, and not make traditional Evil Overlord mistakes, was his main selling point.

So much this.  One of the things I love about his character.

I like that he seems to actually support the thing the Empire CLAIMS to be about: i.e. peace and order throughout the galaxy through strength.  Instead of the thing the Empire is ACTUALLY about: i.e. cruelty, corruption, and an evil wizard tricking everyone.

6 hours ago, Ghost XV15 said:

Btw. the new scaly character seen in the Trailer is actually Rukh, Thrawn EU Bodyguard, who killed him. 

Really interested where we will go with him, Thrawn might die this Season for reals

No no NO!

I mean, I'll be psyched to see Rukh introduced.  But I don't want Thrawn to die in this series!

Still holding out hope that one day they'll do a real adaptation of TTT.  Rewritten to fit into the nucanon obviously.

22 minutes ago, jmswood said:

Chopper was in Rogue One. I doubt they go beyond Rogue One in Rebels Season 4, but it's possible. 

Yeah, I was hoping this series was going to go as far as ANH or beyond, but with the knowledge that this is the last season, I think it's obvious it's going to stop at Rogue One.

Edited by DarthEnderX

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

I like that he seems to actually support the thing the Empire CLAIMS to be about: i.e. peace and order throughout the galaxy through strength.  Instead of the thing the Empire is ACTUALLY about: i.e. cruelty, corruption, and an evil wizard tricking everyone.

No no NO!

I mean, I'll be psyched to see Rukh introduced.  But I don't want Thrawn to die in this series!

Still holding out hope that one day they'll do a real adaptation of TTT.  Rewritten to fit into the nucanon obviously.

Yeah, I was hoping this series was going to go as far as ANH or beyond, but with the knowledge that this is the last season, I think it's obvious it's going to stop at Rogue One.

Chopper suicides the ghost into something, giving hera time to escape scarif space. We don't here from her after in the main films, because she goes to be a test pilot for the B-wing. We could have her arc conclude at Endor (or jakku), and a perfect oppourtunity to bring dagger squadron and nera dantels back into canon.

10 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I think the other interesting thing about that trailer is that it tries to paint Sabine as a dual protagonist with Ezra, and everyone else is supporting cast.

Of course the two kids are the main cast members.  I always thought these two were the ones being pushed by merchandise and whatnot anyway.  Usually the Lasat and the droid would be pushed but Rebels isn't that kind of show.  Back when rebels first premiered they had Ezra and Sabine as the only characters represented from the show at Star Wars Days in Hollywood Studios.

and we need these two to get together as Rey's parents anyway.

1 hour ago, jmswood said:

Sounds like they will, at least a little bit (and/or in parallel with it).

Link to story

Since the Ghost also pops up in several quick space battle shots during the epic Battle of Scarif finale in "Rogue One," ABC News asked executive producer Dave Filoni if that is where the "Rebels" end will play out, too.

The answer, he says, is no.

"I wouldn't like hanging this entire series we've done, and my characters, on something else we've already seen," Filoni tells ABC. "There would have to be something really epic that my guys are doing in that battle. And if there was something epic, it should've been in the movie."

17 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

Of course the two kids are the main cast members.  I always thought these two were the ones being pushed by merchandise and whatnot anyway.

Until the recent developments with the Mandalorians, I would have counted Sabine as one of Ezra's supporting cast as well.

Now she's suddenly really important to the story, and the trailer acts like her and Ezra were being giving equal focus for the entire story, but that's not really the case.

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

No no NO!

Surprised to have not seen it yet but Rukh will also be voiced by Warwick Davis for the series. 

9 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

No no NO!

I know what you mean, but we may have to be ready for Thrawn to die. But hope dies last, eh? 

Also I really hope that the series ends at the battle of Scariff, immo not everyone has to die, but at least the jedi force sensitives (because of continuity with Luke having no teacher)

On 4/15/2017 at 4:28 PM, Ghost XV15 said:

Btw. the new scaly character seen in the Trailer is actually Rukh, Thrawn EU Bodyguard, who killed him. 

Really interested where we will go with him, Thrawn might die this Season for reals

Well that is the price all will pay by having any cool Imperial be in this stupid show, I had halfed joked about how if they had Baron Fel show up he would be a joke character that got his butt kicked all the time, then behold they had a Baron show up that was a joke character and he got his butt kicked all the time.

9 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

I want Thrawn to just disappear into the Unknown Regions at the end of Rebels.  That way he's out there ... somewhere ... lurking.

It would be nice, maybe someone should email this idea to the LFL people everyday till they get it into there heads to stop making the main antagonists weak, stupid, or die early.  Doing all those things also makes the protagnists situation look meh, because the could have dealt with the transgressors much sooner or easier.

Rukh isnt going to kill Thrawn I would almost bet on it. If this show follows what it sets up then Thrawn is already prepared for Rukh unlike his old canon counterpart. Thats what the scene with Thrawn fighting the sentry droids was setting up. The passcode is Rukh probably because Thrawn doesnt trust him and is ready to fight him just in case of betrayal.

Also itd be too obvious unless they just want to retell old canon.

The show isn't going to end at Scariff. Filoni said in an interview that he doesn't want his series to hinge on someone elses work and that he wants something big for the finale, and if the Ghost crew did something big over Scariff it would be in the movie.

18 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

I want Thrawn to just disappear into the Unknown Regions at the end of Rebels.  That way he's out there ... somewhere ... lurking.

I mean someone has to command the Eclipse at the end of Empires End, right? Since he already has conn3ctions with Palpatines unknown regions projectnin that book, there is a pretty good chance.

7 hours ago, eMeM said:

The show isn't going to end at Scariff. Filoni said in an interview that he doesn't want his series to hinge on someone elses work and that he wants something big for the finale, and if the Ghost crew did something big over Scariff it would be in the movie.

Can you link that interview? I'm curious if he hinted at the timeline. Unless there's evidence to the contrary, the finale of Rebels could result in Hera's promotion to General, and her mention by that title in Rogue One remains nothing more or less than a good easter egg. 

Screen-Shot-2017-04-15-at-12.58.20-PM.jpThis picture leads me to believe that the wolf is a transformed or reincarnated Ahsoka.  The writing is, literally, on the wall.   The pictographs behind seem to imply a transformation from humanoid to animal.

Combine this with Dave Filoni having concept art of Ahsoka riding a big white wolf, the white colour of Ahsoka's lightsabers, and the coy changing of the shirt from Ahsoka Lives ? To Ahsoka Lives !

On 4/15/2017 at 0:51 PM, Major Tom said:

If they do a Rebels A-Wing without Wedge as a pilot I will be sorely disappointed.

That would be amazing! Especially with his pilot ability...... Juke/Snapshot Wedge A-Wing would be uncanny///double post. sorry

Edited by Wiredin

2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Screen-Shot-2017-04-15-at-12.58.20-PM.jp
This picture leads me to believe that the wolf is a transformed or reincarnated Ahsoka.  The writing is, literally, on the wall.   The pictographs behind seem to imply a transformation from humanoid to animal.

Combine this with Dave Filoni having concept art of Ahsoka riding a big white wolf, the white colour of Ahsoka's lightsabers, and the coy changing of the shirt from Ahsoka Lives ? To Ahsoka Lives !

I just thought "Goddammit Filoni!"

4 hours ago, jmswood said:

Can you link that interview? I'm curious if he hinted at the timeline. Unless there's evidence to the contrary, the finale of Rebels could result in Hera's promotion to General, and her mention by that title in Rogue One remains nothing more or less than a good easter egg. 

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1PlJQZMjPrNxE

Last question was about Scariff, but as always with Filoni it's worth watching the whole thing :)

I think the thing most interesting to me about this season is that it will end post Episode 8.  That opens up a lot of potential for Ezra's story to end with some ties to this idea of ending the Jedi that wouldn't be possible otherwise.