KCDodger

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

So after a coupe of really good episodes that one was distinctly 'meh'.  Filler episode in many ways but I did like seeing more of Wedge and that the ISB is very much on the lookout for Chopper.

Preview gets me excited for next week though!

It was good in some parts...

The death of the head tech guy was pretty gruesome. His friggin' eyes rolled back into his head as he screamed in agony. Don't piss Hera off, I guess.

The comic relief was a bit much, especially that brief musical number at the end by AP-5 (While it did get a laugh out of me the first time, in retrospect I just had to think "why is this here?"

51 minutes ago, MPG said:

It was good in some parts...

Hide contents

The death of the head tech guy was pretty gruesome. His friggin' eyes rolled back into his head as he screamed in agony. Don't piss Hera off, I guess.

The comic relief was a bit much, especially that brief musical number at the end by AP-5 (While it did get a laugh out of me the first time, in retrospect I just had to think "why is this here?"

That part did get a chuckle from me, as well as the "argument" in the beginning. I think that was a fun if impactless episode. Don't mind the animation team doing some weirder things if they have fun with it.

10 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

That part did get a chuckle from me, as well as the "argument" in the beginning. I think that was a fun if impactless episode. Don't mind the animation team doing some weirder things if they have fun with it.

That entire first scene just reminded me of this.:rolleyes:

Well this Episode was enything but filler.
I'm sure Thrawn will get the location of the Base from the Scraps.

The Disney relief was hilarious! AP-5 Disney Princes confirmed.

I liked the Episode, it was surely not bad and far from the worst Rebels Episode so far, in my opinion

Nope.

He is mentioned but isn't present at all.

It's not a "bad" episode.  It gave us some world building but I really don't think it moved the story on at all, hence me calling it filler.  

I think the writers are just having some fun in this one.

I've never been one that minds "filler" to much, as long as it isn't a recap episdoe. I liked this episode. It was fun seeing Wedge, and the lesson the Rebels learned that they needed to take AP-5 more seriously, because he was right. thought the dialouge was pretty good, and of course seeing a Sentinal shuttle and Gozanti onscreen for extended periods of time always pleases me. ;)

1 hour ago, eMeM said:

AWACS Gozanti was the only good thing in this episode and even that they managed to ruin in the end.

53 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

New Gozanti - deep space scanning - could totally work!  Plus Mon Mothma's shuttle design could make for a new rebel flotilla to match.  (for Armada)

Any pics or videos known? ...just checked the Rebels Wiki episode gallery and nothing much there :(

23 minutes ago, ianmiddy said:

Any pics or videos known? ...just checked the Rebels Wiki episode gallery and nothing much there :(

If you don't want spoilers, only watch until 6 seconds into the clip (or even just look at the thumbnail. ;))

(Spoilers)

This episode had some genuinely funny moments between AP5 and Chopper but I still can't wrap my head round how the AWACs gozanti was destroyed. Like, how the heck is it possible to blow up a ship by simply overloading the curcuits of a hacked astromech? Was anyone able to make sense of it?

1 minute ago, Major Tom said:

Yeah, that was the one bit of the episode that I really didn't like.  It just makes no sense at all. 

Seemed rushed, I would assume it possible to use the link to access the ships systems. But they didn't want a hacking scene so it is just "overload everything, blow **** up".

One of them said "the fuel cells are compromised" Fuel cells are what something that we have in our world and they are very efficent power sources.

I believe that the stream of scrap data sent in by chopper compromised the data core, which in return scrambled all the system and caused the Fuel cells  to overload, since the controlls were scrabled

So from now on rebels can destroy entire starships just by sending strong radio transmissions to them!
That is better than what the Death Star II did in Endor!

I wish they had skipped that part. It really destroys a lot of the consistence of the lore and pushes Star Wars dangerously into the "Anything goes if it comes with some mumbo jumbo" of Doctor Who.

That, and eyeglasses in a setting where they can replace and heal entire limbs and organs.

I actually thought it was a very cute (if filler-y) episode. Although not usually a fan of droid humor, the "I can do anything better than you" was cute and the scene at the end where AP5 was at peace and the clunk as they scooped him up actually made me chuckle out loud (not often I say that about a cartoon).  Also thought the refresher scene was funny and odd and cute all at the same time.  Sure, there were plot-holes galore but hey, it's Rebels.  As to the eye-glasses comment above - wasn't this a Lobot-type upgrade?  If so, they're likely data-screens, more than eye-glasses.  Will have to check next viewing.  Loved the new Gozanti, too.  Wish I had the time and skill to mod one of mine ;)

7.5/10, will watch again.

1 hour ago, Azrapse said:

So from now on rebels can destroy entire starships just by sending strong radio transmissions to them!
That is better than what the Death Star II did in Endor!

I wish they had skipped that part. It really destroys a lot of the consistence of the lore and pushes Star Wars dangerously into the "Anything goes if it comes with some mumbo jumbo" of Doctor Who.

That, and eyeglasses in a setting where they can replace and heal entire limbs and organs.

Hera stated that it was possible because of the listening equipment on the Gozanti. Star Destroyers and the Death Stars were never stated to have this equipment AND were never shown remote controlling a droid. Even if they did have the equipment anyone seeking to cause another incident like this would need direct access to upload tones of junk data at once.

Furthermore, one would think Naval Intelligence would think to see why a spy ship of thiers blew up. They would likely resolve this issue, put up some better firewalls or something in extant ships.

Even furthermorer, it's a space opera that exists primarily in screen form, not everything is going to be explained. Not everything is going to be rational. I find it much more fun to have my 'that didnt make much sense' line waaaay far back.

(as a glasses wearer im glad they included them, and I have never seen them replace organs or limbs, only prostheses)