KCDodger

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

12 hours ago, Blue Five said:

No such thing as a non-BTL Y-wing.

Not sure if serious, missing the point that or just being picky for the sake of it?

Yes I am aware that all Y wings are Koensayr BTL's.

For clarity, I was specifically talking about the depiction of the craft as it relates to the mini game whose forum we are in.  I think that's fairly clear in my post.  In XWTMG.. anyone else I've ever spoken to knows exactly what you mean by BTL or not BTL.  If it makes you happier just sub in title instead.

I think the next episode is going to show Thrawn putting everything together and preparing the assault on Attolan or whatever planet the rebel base is.Just like Warhead ended with the epic Thrawn scene I feel we'll get that again.

Honestly at this point im going to be prettt irritated with the show if they kill off Thrawn. In the books his death is satisfying because of how its setup with Thrawn having a glaring blindspot for the Noghri. In the show there has been no setup, Thrawn knows about Kallus already. In battle Thrawn should be unrivaled. Honestly we just havent seen Thrawn enough to get the payoff his death should have.

Right now what would really satisfy me is Thrawn wins, scatters the rebels or forces them to retreat, and then Thrawn get reassigned elsewhere. That way next season could be all about the underground and dealing with the criminals and scum of the galaxy.

Edited by Forresto

For clarity, I was specifically talking about the depiction of the craft as it relates to the mini game whose forum we are in.  I think that's fairly clear in my post.  In XWTMG.. anyone else I've ever spoken to knows exactly what you mean by BTL or not BTL.  If it makes you happier just sub in title instead.

Never really got why people abbreviate BTL-A4 to BTL Y-wing. Firstly it's not an abbreviation, it's longer. Secondly it's a tautology. Thirdly A4 is shorter, more accurate (only one A4 Y-wing) and doesn't run the risk of sounding like a sandwich.

8 hours ago, Ghost XV15 said:

Excuse me?
First cannon appearance of regular Glases that have no other purpose than to enhance you sight?!
This is probably the single most exciting Rebels Episode ever! Now I can put together a Star Wars costume, without feeling bad for having disfunctional eyes

If those are really just glasses....

This is probably the worst thing Rebels did ever. It actively and deliberately goes against George Lucas' vision for no apparent purpose other than to mess with the established rules of the universe.

It'd never happen if Lucas was still in charge.

27 minutes ago, eMeM said:

This is probably the worst thing Rebels did ever. It actively and deliberately goes against George Lucas' vision for no apparent purpose other than to mess with the established rules of the universe.

Hah goes against Lucas's vision! Nicely punned sir!

38 minutes ago, eMeM said:

You know Star Wars fandom is mad when I had to stop and wonder if you were being serious there for a moment...

4 hours ago, Blue Five said:

Never really got why people abbreviate BTL-A4 to BTL Y-wing. Firstly it's not an abbreviation, it's longer. Secondly it's a tautology. Thirdly A4 is shorter, more accurate (only one A4 Y-wing) and doesn't run the risk of sounding like a sandwich.

So, picky for the sake of it..

In fairness you make complete sense but my initial assertion still holds. people know and recognise one more easily than the other, hence my use of the recognisable one.  Not something I'd given any thought to previously though.

10 hours ago, Ghost XV15 said:

But Math can be such a beautiful thing.... 
-a future Math teacher

Indeed it is: and it's a must if you plan on doing much in the realm of realistic space travel! ^_^
Also, if you're planning on teaching mathematics because you actually like math, then you really have no choice. You need to go to YouTube and immediately begin watching Numberphile.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoxcjq-8xIDTYp3uz647V5A

Heck, even writers can benefit from a healthy dose of math; if said writer is into science fiction...

freas_16.jpg

Slide-rule pirate is looking at you, Captain. ;)

Edited by OneKelvin

11 minutes ago, OneKelvin said:

Indeed it is: and it's a must if you plan on doing much in the realm of realistic space travel! ^_^
Also, if you're planning on teaching mathematics because you actually like math, then you really have no choice. You need to go to YouTube and immediately begin watching Numberphile.

Heck, even writers can benefit from a healthy dose of math; if said writer is into science fiction...

freas_16.jpg

Looks great :D 

23 minutes ago, kopmcginty said:

So, picky for the sake of it..

In fairness you make complete sense but my initial assertion still holds. people know and recognise one more easily than the other, hence my use of the recognisable one.  Not something I'd given any thought to previously though.

Oh, it's definitely unnecessary pedantry. But in my defence this is the thread for that.

Edited by Blue Five

2 hours ago, OneKelvin said:

Heck, even writers can benefit from a healthy dose of math;

They definitely could... There's a reason writers always use a rule of 3 of things. (They're really bad a math.)

I'm worried for Chopper this week. Best-droid-ever needs to play the imperials for fools.

5 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

They definitely could... There's a reason writers always use a rule of 3 of things. (They're really bad a math.)

I'm worried for Chopper this week. Best-droid-ever needs to play the imperials for fools.

best droid ever?

BB-8? K2-SO? AP-5? Chopper is certainly not my first pick..... :lol:

Edited by Sir Orrin

1 minute ago, Sir Orrin said:

best droid ever?

BB-8? K2-SO? AP-5? Chopper is certainly not my first pick..... :P

K-2SO was great. He's right up there. 2nd best. Need more stories released with him in them.

AP-5 has too many one-liners. They need to tone that down a bit and then he'll be in contention for a top spot.

BB-8 was cute, and maybe after 2 more movies to flesh him out he'll be great. For now, R2-D2 beats him out on my list.

34 minutes ago, Sir Orrin said:

best droid ever?

BB-8? K2-SO? AP-5? Chopper is certainly not my first pick..... :lol:

How could you not mention C-3PO and R2-D2...
Also I like Chopper more than AP-5 (he is just his sidekick after all) and I still have not made up my mind about BB-8.

Also HK-47? Anyone?!

18 minutes ago, Ghost XV15 said:

How could you not mention C-3PO and R2-D2...
Also I like Chopper more than AP-5 (he is just his sidekick after all) and I still have not made up my mind about BB-8.

Also HK-47? Anyone?!

I'm only somewhat familiar with HK-47. I think I enjoy AP-5 more than C-3PO, even though I love Anthoney Daniels. I do look foreward to seeing more BB-8.

As of right now K2-SO is my favorite I think.

Edited by Sir Orrin

9 minutes ago, Sir Orrin said:

I'm only somewhat familiar with HK-47. I think I enjoy AP-5 more than C-3PO, even though I love Anthoney Daniels. I do look foreward to seeing more BB-8.

As or right now K2-SO is my favorite I think.

HK-47 is the sassiest, cruelest and most arrogant Droid of them all. But he is because he knows he earned it, so basically K-2SO up to 11

I think AP-5 is fine, but he is, to me, just an C-3PO equivalent. 

15 hours ago, Ghost XV15 said:

But Math can be such a beautiful thing.... 
-a future Math teacher

Honest to god gives me a headache whenever I even look at it. Something in my makeup just doesn't comprehend it well at all, and I don't really have any idea why that is, but I absolutely can not do it right. 24, and I don't even have my multiplication tables memorized.

Can tell you how to spell **** near everything in english, and know good writing from bad though.

4 hours ago, OneKelvin said:

freas_16.jpg

The Slide-rule pirate won't be looking at me too long..! I've got a coilgun with his name on it!

Oh, wait. That's my name. It's because it's mine. Oh.

Well he can have it for a little bit.

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Honest to god gives me a headache whenever I even look at it. Something in my makeup just doesn't comprehend it well at all, and I don't really have any idea why that is, but I absolutely can not do it right. 24, and I don't even have my multiplication tables memorized.

Can tell you how to spell **** near everything in english, and know good writing from bad though.

The Slide-rule pirate won't be looking at me too long..! I've got a coilgun with his name on it!

Oh, wait. That's my name. It's because it's mine. Oh.

Well he can have it for a little bit.

I'm superb at English and writing and fantastic with history but i'm also absolutely useless with math. You're not alone don't worry. 

3 hours ago, Forresto said:

I'm superb at English and writing and fantastic with history but i'm also absolutely useless with math. You're not alone don't worry. 

3 hours ago, Sir Orrin said:

English/writing/history people unite!!!!

WE'RE WRITERS OF THE ROUND TABLE

At least, we're pretty sure it's round? We're not about to measure and stuff to find out, it's round enough.

16 hours ago, Blue Five said:

Never really got why people abbreviate BTL-A4 to BTL Y-wing. Firstly it's not an abbreviation, it's longer.

That would suggest that people would leave Y-Wing off the other version, BTL-A4 isn't descriptive unless the player knows what kind of ship it is in the first place. So the Y-Wing portion is irrelevant. If the speaker knows the audience knows what it is, then BTL is sufficient by itself. However, if the audience wouldn't immediately know that the BTL-A4 is a Y-Wing, it would still need to be called the BTL-A4 Y-Wing and would remain longer.  Y-Wing is the important part of the descriptor, not BTL/BTL-A4.

That aside, this was the first truly good episode of what has been an otherwise tepid season, aside from the usual bout of RedShirtitis that Rebel pilots seem to suffer from. Was glad to see Sabine go a few episodes back. Never thought she was that interesting to begin with, and getting rid of the Mandalorians for at least a little while will help the story stay on track.

Edited by VaeVictis