Captain Lackwit

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

Any chance of some screen grabs showing the weapons & docking, for us poor souls who won't get to see the episodes until 6+mths time at the DVD release (if we're lucky and Disney waits as long as usual :() ?

Cheers  ;)

Here's a screenshot of the Phantom II docked.

LRoQcRU.jpg

Edited by gerrylum

Anyone else hoping that this guys clan shows up at some point as Original Mandalorians who have been slowly building up and living on Dxun for 1000s of years, waiting for the right time to make a triumphant return to Mandalore?

Given the state of Onderon I doubt anyone's hiding on Dxun. I'm not even sure Dxun exists in the new canon.

Actually, it would be the perfect place to hide. Onderon has a ton of terrorists led by Saw Gererra. The Empire will be focused on hunting down the terrorists. No one's going to be exploring a hostile jungle moon with no natural resources. We don't know if Dxun exists or not though. But it would still be cool.

I think Onderon and Dxun got rolled into Onderon. New Onderon has Dxun's jungle environment but with the Onderon cities.

Spoil sport :P

More details of the Phantom II (that's the official name, by the way), from the episode guide:

reb_ca_1846_6e7d7c8a.jpeg

Gotta hand it to those Rebel mechanics; they waste no time modifying and upgrading anything they get their hands on. It seems they altered the shuttle to fit into the Ghost, the Ghost to fit the shuttle, or both. That astromech slot doesn't seem standard to me, and twin gantry guns are something else I don't remember from the CW version. Is the fin shorter too?

Color me curious.

Edit.

Sheathipede_class_Shuttle.jpeg

Image located, courtesy of Google. These are the three Rebels shuttles, so worrying about model translation differences from the Clone Wars is a non-issue. The fin is definitely shorter. 

Edited by OneKelvin

Anyone else hoping that this guys clan shows up at some point as Original Mandalorians who have been slowly building up and living on Dxun for 1000s of years, waiting for the right time to make a triumphant return to Mandalore?

Given the state of Onderon I doubt anyone's hiding on Dxun. I'm not even sure Dxun exists in the new canon.

Actually, it would be the perfect place to hide. Onderon has a ton of terrorists led by Saw Gererra. The Empire will be focused on hunting down the terrorists. No one's going to be exploring a hostile jungle moon with no natural resources. We don't know if Dxun exists or not though. But it would still be cool.

I think Onderon and Dxun got rolled into Onderon. New Onderon has Dxun's jungle environment but with the Onderon cities.

Onderon had been always a jungle planet, a very hostile one, it just that Dxun is even more hostile and the draxl visit from time to time on Onderon when both atmospheres merge. The onderon capital is a giant city with large walls protecting against the jungle and its creatures. 

Brilliant...thanks for the extra shuttle pics/details - thought an 'extension' had been added to the wings in the previous pics, but this confirms it, and also great for the top-view of the docked shuttle  ;)

EDIT: Anyone know if the 'Exterior Hatch' lines up with the Ghosts circular hatchway as used on the old Phantom - have there been many 'boarding' scenes yet ?  :unsure:

Cheers, Ian

Edited by ianmiddy

More details of the Phantom II (that's the official name, by the way), from the episode guide:reb_ca_1846_6e7d7c8a.jpeg

Gotta hand it to those Rebel mechanics; they waste no time modifying and upgrading anything they get their hands on. It seems they altered the shuttle to fit into the Ghost, the Ghost to fit the shuttle, or both. That astromech slot doesn't seem standard to me, and twin gantry guns are something else I don't remember from the CW version.

The original was unarmed, they even say that in the episode in which they got it. They also added a floor hatch so they can get out when docked front towards the Ghost.

Brilliant...thanks for this - thought an 'extension' had been added to the wings in the previous pics, but this confirms it, and also great for the top-view of the docked shuttle  ;)

EDIT: Anyone know if the 'Exterior Hatch' lines up with the Ghosts circular hatchway as used on the old Phantom - have there been many 'boarding' scenes yet ?  :unsure:

Cheers, Ian

It was featured in one episode so far, and no docking, undocking, boarding etc was shown. I assume the floor hatch is there for the same reason it was present in the old Phantom, because... well, why else would they add it there?

OK, so just looked carefully at OneKelvins post above, with the three shuttles (being stolen? :unsure:)...

...I can accept [even enjoy] the thought of Sabine sabre-grinding the tailfin and adding on the wing extensions to take the swivel cannon, then cutting through the floor to make the egress hatch...

...but, is it my imagination, or has the cockpit window configuration changed somewhat ? That seems a bit much, even for her talents!  :P  ;)

They seem to have added to small pieces of transparisteel and replaced two small regular durasteel panels with it. Sounds like something pretty standard to do if you want to increase cockpit visibility and have access to star wars levels of fabrication and engineering tech. You do see plenty of this kind of mods on cars these days and this shuttle is basically the equivalent to  a cheap outdated car for a citizen of the star wars galaxy. Most likely the whole ship has been built within a few minutes in some confederation or tech-union fab.

Edited by SEApocalypse

Was the original VCX built with a Phantom? Or was the Phanton I a later addition? I think I could end like liking the PII more.

Have I got this right...

• Additions to the sides (wings)
  • Rear guns added to above.
  • Astromech slot.
  • New canopy shape.
  • Front guns.
  • Bottom hatch.
  • Shortened fin?

More details of the Phantom II (that's the official name, by the way), from the episode guide:

reb_ca_1846_6e7d7c8a.jpeg

Gotta hand it to those Rebel mechanics; they waste no time modifying and upgrading anything they get their hands on. It seems they altered the shuttle to fit into the Ghost, the Ghost to fit the shuttle, or both. That astromech slot doesn't seem standard to me, and twin gantry guns are something else I don't remember from the CW version. Is the fin shorter too?

Color me curious.

Edit.

Sheathipede_class_Shuttle.jpeg

Image located, courtesy of Google. These are the three Rebels shuttles, so worrying about model translation differences from the Clone Wars is a non-issue. The fin is definitely shorter. 

SWX58 perhaps...

(Standalone ship expansion - but can be docked in the VCX-100).

Edited by Sciencius

Was the original VCX built with a Phantom? Or was the Phanton I a later addition? I think I could end like liking the PII more.

Have I got this right...

• Additions to the sides (wings)
  • Rear guns added to above.
  • Astromech slot.
  • New canopy shape.
  • Front guns.
  • Bottom hatch.
  • Shortened fin?

The VCX-100 comes not with the hangar and shuttle out of the fab, That was an custom modification. The RPG has this hangar option even avaible for all ships of that size and up. Retrofitted hangar bay. In case of the Ghost in the minimum version for a single fighter-sized ship. 

The imperial gozanti from rebels is just using 4 docking clamps, no refueling or rearming or maintenance options with that.

And yeah, a different ghost title and a phantom 2 title could be interesting. The phantom II those rear guns which theoretical should give it 3 or 4 dice on the front arc and 2 dice for the rear arc. That 1 dice PWT option can be ignored imho. You definitely should lose the extra turret shot, but a ship with double arcs might be a lot more useful for deployment. 

Edited by SEApocalypse

SWX58 perhaps...

(Standalone ship expansion - but can be docked in the VCX-100).

I wondered this in the SWX58 thread...maybe paired with a new YT-2400 [and new pilots] ???  :unsure:

(paired as in 2 ships in the pack, not a 2400 with a shuttle,  :rolleyes: )

Edited by ianmiddy

I dare say this looks better then the original phantom. The only thing I liked about the original one is it was just that...original. Never seen before vessel, and now its dead.....already...not even 2 seasons it lasted.

It lasted Two Seasons!   I mean, sure, 1st Episode of the 3rd Season.......  BUT IT LASTED TWO!  GIVE CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE!

I think light cruiser = Arquitans. 

swm22_main.png 

"As seen in the Star Wars Rebels television show, the Imperial light cruiser is a communications and blockade ship used to help the Empire spread its domain throughout the galaxy."

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-armada/products/imperial-light-cruiser-expansion-pack/

Edited by Drasnighta