Captain Lackwit

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

The logo at the end and the credits music, amazing!

Really good episode overall, shame Kalani didn't join the Rebels.

It looks like the new Phantom is unarmed, at least for now

That was amazing.  :D

Okay so now I want the droids to come back in force so that in X-wing we can have the Arc-170 flying alongside a Vulture Droid! I love the idea of Rebels just having a **** ton of discarded clone wars junk

Maybe he calculated the optimal course of action is to gather more forces to have chances better than 1%, and he will come to the rescue in the season finale with a fleet of Separatist cruisers?

Also:

In Legends, the Rebel Alliance did use a ton of old clone wars tech. Seperatist ships, Hailfire droids, there was even an Alliance Lucrehulk destroyed at the battle of the second Death Star. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see the General show up at the end. My bet: he's their counter to Thrawn. Season finale; Thrawn has them all in his perfect trap, the Rebel fleet is being destroyed ship by ship and then - whoom! The remains of the Separatist fleet warp in and either kill Thrawn :(, or disrupt the plan enough that he is reassigned. ^_^ Picture the end of Serenity from Firefly.

"Target the Reavers... target everything... WILL SOMEBODY FIRE!?!" 

Edited by OneKelvin

The logo at the end and the credits music, amazing!

Really good episode overall, shame Kalani didn't join the Rebels.

It looks like the new Phantom is unarmed, at least for now

That was amazing.  :D

Okay so now I want the droids to come back in force so that in X-wing we can have the Arc-170 flying alongside a Vulture Droid! I love the idea of Rebels just having a **** ton of discarded clone wars junk

Maybe he calculated the optimal course of action is to gather more forces to have chances better than 1%, and he will come to the rescue in the season finale with a fleet of Separatist cruisers?

Also:

In Legends, the Rebel Alliance did use a ton of old clone wars tech. Seperatist ships, Hailfire droids, there was even an Alliance Lucrehulk destroyed at the battle of the second Death Star. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see the General show up at the end. My bet: he's their counter to Thrawn. Season finale; Thrawn has them all in his perfect trap, the Rebel fleet is being destroyed ship by ship and then - whoom! The remains of the Separatist fleet warp in and either kill Thrawn :(, or disrupt the plan enough that he is reassigned. ^_^ Picture the end of Serenity from Firefly.

"Target the Reavers... target everything... WILL SOMEBODY FIRE!?!" 

Maybe it starts with kanan being captured and sent to mustafar again...

A nice call back to the old Battlefront 2 campgain.

Now the "Clone Wars was better than rebels" hate can stop. This shows us that Rebels is no different, and really ties up and ends TCW like it was supposed to.

I'd never thought I would be happy to see the good old droid comic relief, and those end credits are what made the episode for me.

I actually felt bad for that Droid that fell from the shuttle's boarding ramp after yelling "WE MADE IT!!!!".

Edited by T70 Driver

This episode did something that i've felt about the Clone Wars for years. 

In the Clone Wars series they should'nt have focused as much on the Separatists being evil. I don't think the show ever claimed they were but they definitely made many of their leaders seem that way. Yes they're being run by a sith lord but so was the Republic.

The droid's response is true, they were fighting for the same thing the Rebels are just different governments. 

I also love that they framed the war as very much leaning towards a guaranteed separatist victory. Sort've makes the Republic's plight that much more meaningful. For once they portrayed the Battle droids as dangerous and a real threat.

Edited by Forresto

Everything great about the episode has pretty much already been said here. Man, you really felt empathy for Rex and the Tactical droid. They both wanted to win "The War" so badly, even after so many years, because It was their purpose, and they never had a chance to win the actual war. Rex chewing Ezra out was really great/terrible at the same time.

Edited by Sir Orrin

What really gets me is how beloved Clone Wars was, despite during its popularity, how I heard nothing but hate for it. It's so bizarre to me.

Makes me wonder if the same thing will happen to Rebels.

Perhaps.

It's much easier to remember unpleasant things than pleasant ones I think; and the longer a show goes on, the more chances it has to mess up. People also, are more likely to talk about things that they don't like than things that they do. If you see an episode of a program and it was passable, it may be fine for private consumption but it doesn't make for good conversation. 

"How was the play Bob?"

"It was good Fred."

"Yep..."

That's about as far as you can take that line of discourse. If the show was amazing you can talk about it then, and if it was bad or horrible then you have plenty to say. But since things that are simply "good" don't merit much talk, the scale tips in favor of the negative. So far, Rebels has been very good; but if ever the authors, voices, or animators tire and let the quality slip to merely good or passable, I'm willing to bet that you'll hear plenty of complaints from people who need a little extra release in addition to the show. They'll be back the very next week to complain about the next episode too.

It's fun to complain about little things you see, liberating even. If it wasn't, why would so many people do it? Wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't enjoyable right?  :huh:

And since a show is episodic by nature, if it dips in quality slightly it provides both entertainment and an endless supply of potential complaints.  

Now the "Clone Wars was better than rebels" hate can stop. This shows us that Rebels is no different, and really ties up and ends TCW like it was supposed to.

I'd never thought I would be happy to see the good old droid comic relief, and those end credits are what made the episode for me.

I actually felt bad for that Droid that fell from the shuttle's boarding ramp after yelling "WE MADEIT!!!!".

That was sad, oh my god! Poor little war veteran...

Man, I didn't even notice the end credits were different till everyone here was raving about it. I think I'm just so used to hearing that at the end of an episode that I didn't even notice anything out of the ordinary about it.

Anyway, incoming Sheathipede shuttles in wave 11...

At least it'll give the Ghost a cool shark fin when it's docked.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Man, I didn't even notice the end credits were different till everyone here was raving about it. I think I'm just so used to hearing that at the end of an episode that I didn't even notice anything out of the ordinary about it.

Anyway, incoming Sheathipede shuttles in wave 11...

At least it'll give the Ghost a cool shark fin when it's docked.

Oh dude you're right.