KCDodger

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

The more I think about it, the more I say she has to be alive, because there was no death blown shown, and there isn't a single major character in Star Wars who died without one. Even then some supposedly came back like Boba Fett or Darth Maul

So unless there was an actual death blown shown, then Ahsoka would be very nearly unique in the whole Star Wars galaxy.

The more I think about it, the more I say she has to be alive, because there was no death blown shown, and there isn't a single major character in Star Wars who died without one. Even then some supposedly came back like Boba Fett or Darth Maul

So unless there was an actual death blown shown, then Ahsoka would be very nearly unique in the whole Star Wars galaxy.

Palpatine was just tossed down a pit.

Okay so here is my thoughts on "Lady Tano" as Maul called her. While I understand why people think she is dead, or in some cases WANT her to be dead, and why people think she's alive and well (or, again WANT her to be) there is one line that she says that keeps sticking out to me.

On top of that temple, facing a half mask Vader, she flat out says, "I abandon you this time" (or something close to it; abandon or leave) and while Ana-vader says "Then you will die", she does not AT ALL seem taken back or surprised at it. So my proposal is...

What if she actually sticks to her word; she doesnt abandon him or leave. What if she JOINS him? What if she falls to the Dark side? That would fill EVERYTHING. Vader limping away, seeing her go deeper into the temple, seemingly still alive, and why Kanan and Ezra are so upset. To them, she IS gone, just as Anakin was dead when he turned into Vader.

It would set up a horrible yet amazing confrontation in which Ahsoka becomes the next person to hunt them down, someone who KNOWS the Rebels.

And exploded.

With a death star exploding around him.

It's an exception, but it's such an exception that yes. He's dead.

Even then he came back as a bloody clone.

Then there is Boba Fett...

Senator Organa. Sure, Alderaan blew up, but there's no evidence he was on it at the time. 

Select other members of the Jedi council. Lots of deathblows not shown. 

Those kids Anakin showed up to say "hi" to in the nursery. Maybe he was just showing them his lightsaber. 

Like he showed Ahsoka. 

Awwww. RIP Snips!

Edited by BenderIsGreat

Look, if we are going to get pedantic, what about all the high up officers on the first death star?

What about Han Solo. Maybe he fell off a bridge and got better(after a planet exploding around him).

There is a point where implied means dead

Ahsoka isn't at that point.

And in the EU he came back again, even though he blew up, and then the DSII blew up. So that's even more evidence that Ahsoka didn't die.

Senator Organa. Sure, Alderaan blew up, but there's no evidence he was on it at the time.

Last I checked he wasn't a major character in the Star Wars movies. But hey keep grasping at straws if it makes you happy.

Ahsoka isn't at that point.

Like I said, some people seem to be willing to ignore anything, or make up nonsense just for the sake of keeping their pet theory alive.

Bottom line is that without a death blow, and seeing the body, there's a very good chance that the character isn't really dead.

We see Maul cut in half and thrown down a shaft, yet he came back. So the idea that what happened in Rebels is proof positive that Ahsoka is dead is simply nonsense.

Edited by VanorDM

To that I say what I seem to often say on these boards. "Time will tell".

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see her again, or maybe don't see her until the final season at which point she may get killed.

But until we see Vader kill her, then her end isn't written, and in fact anything less than that would be a cop out.

Look, if we are going to get pedantic, what about all the high up officers on the first death star?

What about Han Solo. Maybe he fell off a bridge and got better(after a planet exploding around him).

There is a point where implied means dead

It's perfectly feasible that Solo was sucked into a garbage chute, fell on Phasma, who, having pity on him as he spared her, dragged him into an escape ship and is now, as we speak, nursing him back to health. 

Solo is FINE. 

And in the EU he came back again, even though he blew up, and then the DSII blew up. So that's even more evidence that Ahsoka didn't die.

Last I checked he wasn't a major character in the Star Wars movies. But hey keep grasping at straws if it makes you happy.

As long as it keeps a certain jedi waifu alive, right?

I actually though Ashoka lived.

However, now when I think about the last scene when she casually walks away while Vader is limping. 

Hardly possible for her to suffer no injuries in that blast and fighting Vader. So yeah, probably dead...

She's a jedi, even if not in name.

Anything is possible. I'm firmly in the alive until proven otherwise camp. Understand this. I want and expect her to die. This is NOT a bias on my part. This is critical thinking, logic, evidence.

I get that. However, Vader got hit HARD, if Ashoka lives and casually walks away without injuries, then she should be the chosen one, not Anakin, cause force is strong in her.

However, Vader got hit HARD, if Ashoka lives and casually walks away without injuries, then she should be the chosen one, not Anakin, cause force is strong in her.

I'm pretty sure she didn't walk away without a scratch. Also just because she defeated Vader doesn't mean much. Obi-Wan did it as well.

I am however done debating with people who are either delusional, blinded by their preconceived notions, or are trolling.

Edited by VanorDM

However, now when I think about the last scene when she casually walks away while Vader is limping. 

Hardly possible for her to suffer no injuries in that blast and fighting Vader. So yeah, probably dead...

Anything is possible. I'm firmly in the alive until proven otherwise camp. Understand this. I want and expect her to die. This is NOT a bias on my part. This is critical thinking, logic, evidence.

I get that. However, Vader got hit HARD, if Ashoka lives and casually walks away without injuries, then she should be the chosen one, not Anakin, cause force is strong in her.
We've only seen her back, maybe he ripped off her face as she was screaming something awful. Edited by eMeM

We've only seen her back, maybe he ripped off her face as she was screaming something awful.

Screaming without a face? Oooooh that is DARK.

But then, the Tron show showed outright torture, so the sky's the limit.

Edited by BenderIsGreat

However, Vader got hit HARD, if Ashoka lives and casually walks away without injuries, then she should be the chosen one, not Anakin, cause force is strong in her.

I'm pretty sure she didn't walk away without a scratch. Also just because she defeated Vader doesn't mean much. Obi-Wan did it as well.

I am however done debating with people who are either delusional, blinded by their preconceived notions, or are trolling.

Well technically Obi-wan defeated Anakin Skywalker, not Vader. The difference may seem pedantic, but the whole destroying your previous identity when you fully embrace the dark side seems to be pretty important. 

When palpatine comes back its as a force spirit inhabiting clone bodies, when he's tossed down the shaft we see him fall then a blue explosion of some sort, not necessarily him exploding though obviously it's implied. DSII explodes too but we never actually see Palp die. I mean executor full on crashes into DSII but it still manages to land partially intact somewhere on Endor (or nearby). There is no set rule on death in Star Wars. If it makes for good story then she'll be back.

Edited by McFoy

Screaming without a face? Oooooh that is DARK.

Yeah, and there was this huge mess... I think the Sith will have to change the floors.

Polished stone is pretty easy to clean, you just need a grate to hose it into, or a shop-vac droid. If it's porous, well, then you need to pressure-wash all that flesh and bits of bone.

I think people are also forgetting that this is still a kids show. I really do not think they COULD of shown/will show Ashoka being killed.

Villains they show being offed, but they left it for this special episode, and they never SHOW the deathblow. Just the bodies (and even then they don't focus on them). Even Kanan's injury was cut away from, then kept covered the entire time.

Heroes on a show like this on that sort of channel won't ever be SHOWN to die. So I can totally take the image of her disappearing into darkness as her death. Just in a more audience friendly way.

Time will tell though. All in all the finale was amazing. Any time they show Vader they really make up for what people thought of him post-prequels. He is once again a scary, dangerous, powerful monster again. Nothing can stop him, just slow him down a bit. Riding in on the top of his Advanced was SO AMAZING.