Captain Lackwit

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

First of all: YOU WHAT!!

Second of all: Would you say it's a good idea to get both? I have the original.

2 minutes ago, demon3o5z said:

So, unpopular opinion here, I just like Force Awakens more. It's become my favorite Star Wars movie. Also, new damage deck.

Edited by RIP Yoda

Just now, RIP Yoda said:

First of all: YOU WHAT!!

Second of all: Would you say it's a good idea for both? I have the original.

I know. I'm a monster. May I be eaten by squids.

Gaming standpoint, I think getting both is a good way to go. Not only for the damage deck, but Poe and the Tie FO pilots are worth having.

8 hours ago, SabineKey said:

So, going with a new twist on a classic character was bad? The best villains are ones you can sympathize and, in some ways, route for. Giving Thrawn an ulterior motive, one that people could understand and relate to, gave the character more depth and interest. It also gave old fans of Thrawn something new to work off of, not to mention some interesting options for stories in the future.

Except none of that was new.

The books Hand of Thrawn duology(also written by Zahn) in the old EU pretty much said the exact same thing about Thrawn then.  That all of Thrawn's motivations had basically been to build up the Chiss and the Empire into a force capable of stopping the Vong.

He's basically just giving Thrawn the exact same motives in the nuCanon that he did back in the EU.

And I'm totally fine with that...as long as the "greater threat" isn't still the Vong...

38 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Except none of that was new.

The books Hand of Thrawn duology(also written by Zahn) in the old EU pretty much said the exact same thing about Thrawn then.  That all of Thrawn's motivations had basically been to build up the Chiss and the Empire into a force capable of stopping the Vong.

He's basically just giving Thrawn the exact same motives in the nuCanon that he did back in the EU.

And I'm totally fine with that...as long as the "greater threat" isn't still the Vong...

I'm convinced it won't. Vong are too obviously horror movie scary especially for Disney to allow to be used in a main trilogy Star Wars movie. They work better on paper and even then from what I hear they were'nt executed well. I always enjoyed them as a concept though, sortve like a Event Horizon version of the Borg. 

My hope is it will be something far more ethereal and existentially scary this time. Snoke may not even be the big bad and I think that will be the Last Jedi's twist. I think they want us to focus in on who Snoke, Finn, and Rey are and what the First Order is while the big twist will be something unexpected and come out of nowhere.

In fact I bet they will pull an ESB homage where Kylo reveals who Rey is and itll be a twist and cool but then soon after we get the massive twist that whats going on in the galaxy is not what any of the characters or audience really know.

The Clone Wars has one, although arguably as a show it has plenty more middling episodes then Rebels, but I was thinking we need a list of definitive episodes for Rebels. I'm sure its exists out there somewhere in the depths of the internet. 

Please other Rebels fans, if you disagree with a choice let me know cause I think it'd be cool to get a sort've definitive list.

NOTE: THIS IS ABOUT STORY NOT QUALITY. (sorry for all caps :P)

Green = Must Watch

Orange = Could Watch (Skippable and you'll still understand the main story but I think adds enough to the main arc to watch if you have the time)

Red = Can Skip

**= Thrawn's In Episode

Season One:

Reveal hidden contents

101 & 102 Spark of Rebellion

103 Droids in Distress 

104 Fighter Flight

105 Rise of the Old Masters

106 Breaking Ranks

107 Out of Darkness

108 Empire Day

109 Gathering Forces 

110 Path of the Jedi

111 Idiot's Array

112 Vision of Hope

113 Call to Action

114 Rebel Resolve

115 Fire Across the Galaxy

Season 2

Reveal hidden contents

201 & 202 The Siege of Lothal

203 The Lost Commanders

204 Relics of the Old Republic

205 Always Two There Are

206 Brothers of the Broken Horn

207 Wings of the Master

208 Blood Sisters 

209 Stealth Strike

210 The Future of the Force

211 Legacy 

212 A Princess on Lothal

213 The Protector of the Concord Dawn

214 Legends of the Lasat

215 The Call

216 Homecoming

217 The Honorable Ones

218 Shroud of Darkness

219 The Forgotten Droid

220 The Mystery of Chopper Base

221 & 222 Twilight of the Apprentice

Season 3

Reveal hidden contents

301 & 302 Steps Into Shadow **

303 The Holocrons of Fate

304 The Antilles Extraction 

305 Hera's Heroes **

306 The Last Battle

307 Imperial Super Commandos

308 Iron Squadron **

309 The Wynkathu Job

310 An Inside Man **

311 Visions and Voices

312 & 313 Ghosts of Geonosis

314 Warhead **

315 Trials of the Darksaber

316 Legacy of Mandalore

317 Through Imperial Eyes **

318 Secret Cargo **

319 Double Agent Droid 

320 Twin Suns

321 & 322 Zero Hour **

Edited by Forresto

On 5/3/2017 at 11:48 AM, Ghost XV15 said:

Wether one thinks Lucas did good at what he did or not, I couldn't hate him when he donates most of his money and ensured with selling SW to Disney that all of the Staff kept their job.

I think he is a good guy. And I cannot hat a good guy

Git Gud, People

On 5/3/2017 at 11:53 AM, Forresto said:

Agreed. I think some people, not anyone om here but in the wider SW community, go way too far and attack him personally. 

George Lucas, from everything i've read or heard, is a really great guy. That isnt to say he's perfect, I think everyone has a side to them that is a bit of an *** because thats just to be human, but for the most part he seems like a really cool dude.

Yup. big fan.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/breaking-star-wars-rebels-ahsoka-has-not-suddenly-tran-1795921954/amp

Dave Filloni confirmed that the giant white wolf isn't Ahsoka. I think it is Bendu reincarnated in a different form. 

Also in the Article I linked above is shows a sketch by Filloni that shows what happened to Ahsoka after she descended into the sith temple at the end of season 2. 

18 minutes ago, JJFDVORAK said:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/breaking-star-wars-rebels-ahsoka-has-not-suddenly-tran-1795921954/amp 

Also in the Article I linked above is shows a sketch by Filloni that shows what happened to Ahsoka after she descended into the sith temple at the end of season 2.

Those red/black/white images were promotional cards to build the "Ashoka Lives?" hype. At the time of publication they weren't in any particular order. Gizmodo presents them like a comic strip, but I'm pretty sure they fabricated the sequence. Dave Filoni talked about them in an Ahsoka panel. He indicated that some of the imagery is symbolic. 

2 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

Dave Filoni loves to misdirect and give tiny clues here and there. he's awesome.

I agree. Dave Filloni is an awesome addition to the Star Wars team. He worked with George Lucas for years and really knows how he thought and understood the vision he had for the Star Wars universe. I feel Dave Filloni  has tried to stay true to that while expanding upon it.  

While on the subject of Dave Filloni and his additions to Star Wars, here is something that came out during celebration, that I really wished had made it into the final season of The Clone Wars.(maybe it will make it into another media source.)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-clone-wars-almost-featured-boba-fett-dueling-with-c-1794319515

5 minutes ago, JJFDVORAK said:

I agree. Dave Filloni is an awesome addition to the Star Wars team. He worked with George Lucas for years and really knows how he thought and understood the vision he had for the Star Wars universe. I feel Dave Filloni  has tried to stay true to that while expanding upon it.  

While on the subject of Dave Filloni and his additions to Star Wars, here is something that came out during celebration, that I really wished had made it into the final season of The Clone Wars.(maybe it will make it into another media source.)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-clone-wars-almost-featured-boba-fett-dueling-with-c-1794319515

yea, that was awesome!

I'm wondering what the next animated project they are doing is going to focus on/be about. I'm still holding out for a Red/Rogue/Black squadron story..... think Exo-Squad but with X-Wings. thats what I want!