Captain Lackwit

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

A preview I've seen from Rebels over on theforce.net :

tumblr_ohdiagPva91scwlpbo1_1280.jpg

Where did you get that?
http://teenplicity.tumblr.com/post/153791883641/in-the-new-episode-an-inside-man-of-star-wars

Looks legit.

I still think it'd be stupid to introduce another OP fighter after just one episode of TIE Interceptor.

BUT.

Showing the blueprints doesn't mean it will be introduced in Rebels, or at least not yet. There is no need (Interceptor), we know the factory is getting bombed and we've seen some background/hologram images and clues back in season 1 that haven't been resolved yet (BΔ0).

Probably not happening ...

But that would make me so happy :D

That shot looks like the scene where the Rebels are listening to Folcrum's message in The Antilles Extraction. I'm gonna go watch that episode again to find the scene. I'm skeptical this is legit, but I would love to be wrong.

I'm excited for this episode! Looks like they're back on Lothal and getting ready to sabotage the production facilities :) 

Thrawn is there because he knows that Lothal is a target for the Ghost crew. His prime objective is not to kill the Ghost crew, but to give them a juicy enough target to call in the fleet. When the whole fleet is there, he will spring his trap. Until then, he is trying to learn as much as he can about the rebels, so he can better predict their actions. Luring them to Lothal seems like a logical step.

I bet we will know this weekend if that TIE Defender image is real. I'm guessing they learn it is going to start being produced on Lothal, so that is their target. Hera knows those ships are much deadlier than TIE Fighters, and if the Empire starts mass producing them, the rebellion is doomed.  

I'm excited for this episode! Looks like they're back on Lothal and getting ready to sabotage the production facilities :)

Thrawn is there because he knows that Lothal is a target for the Ghost crew. His prime objective is not to kill the Ghost crew, but to give them a juicy enough target to call in the fleet. When the whole fleet is there, he will spring his trap. Until then, he is trying to learn as much as he can about the rebels, so he can better predict their actions. Luring them to Lothal seems like a logical step.

I bet we will know this weekend if that TIE Defender image is real. I'm guessing they learn it is going to start being produced on Lothal, so that is their target. Hera knows those ships are much deadlier than TIE Fighters, and if the Empire starts mass producing them, the rebellion is doomed.  

Sabine's TIE defender, wave 12, coming to a store near you....

Tie Defenders can't get totally destroyed. Battlefront clearly has them at the Battle of Yavin, so canon :P  :D  

The existence of TIE defenders is canon from Battlefront & Star Wars Commander. Their being in use at Yavin, however, could be called "game mechanics" - and thus more doubtful.

Tie Defenders can't get totally destroyed. Battlefront clearly has them at the Battle of Yavin, so canon :P  :D

The existence of TIE defenders is canon from Battlefront & Star Wars Commander. Their being in use at Yavin, however, could be called "game mechanics" - and thus more doubtful.

Haha I was kidding dude. Battlefront's "story is as canon as the holiday special.

The Battlefront companion novel is canon, but I haven't read it. Does anyone knownif there are TIE Defenders in it?

I haven't read that one either, but it's safe to assume they weren't in it, considering that people were surprised when they appeared in one of the BF:EA expansions.

Edited by eMeM

A preview I've seen from Rebels over on theforce.net :

tumblr_ohdiagPva91scwlpbo1_1280.jpg

Where did you get that?
http://teenplicity.tumblr.com/post/153791883641/in-the-new-episode-an-inside-man-of-star-wars

Looks legit.

I still think it'd be stupid to introduce another OP fighter after just one episode of TIE Interceptor.

BUT.

Showing the blueprints doesn't mean it will be introduced in Rebels, or at least not yet. There is no need (Interceptor), we know the factory is getting bombed and we've seen some background/hologram images and clues back in season 1 that haven't been resolved yet (BΔ0).

Probably not happening ...

But that would make me so happy :D

That shot looks like the scene where the Rebels are listening to Folcrum's message in The Antilles Extraction. I'm gonna go watch that episode again to find the scene. I'm skeptical this is legit, but I would love to be wrong.

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/An_Inside_Man

Check the "Vehicles" section.

Edited by gabe69velasquez

C1-10P astromech

ACTION: You may perform an attack with an equipped turret upgrade card.

If you do, you may not attack again this phase."

4 points.

Either this should have a negative point cost, or they should be able to attack again in the combat phase. 

Or am I reading something wrong there. 

For comparison...

Btl-a4-y-wing-1-.png  Swx57-snap-shot.png

*Yeah, I don't know why I misread phase as round.

Edited by gabe69velasquez

C1-10P astromechACTION: You may perform an attack with an equipped turret upgrade card.

4 points.

Either this should have a negative point cost, or they should be able to attack again in the combat phase. 

For comparison...

It says cannot attack again this phase so combat attack would still happen. That would be an interesting upgrade. I like it!

C1-10P astromech

ACTION: You may perform an attack with an equipped turret upgrade card.

4 points.

For comparison...

"This phase" on Snap Shot refers to the Activation Phase. Its to prevent things like Gunner from allowing other attacks at that point.

The way I phrased it, you could could use Chopper's action during the Activation Phase and attack in the Combat Phase. As an alternative, you could put the suggested card on Horton with Cracken as a wingman. Horton attacks first. Cracken attacks. Cracken gives Horton an action. Horton uses Chopper to make another turret attack.

Experimental Interface would be interesting. Take a target lock, EI to use Chopper.

I feel bad for the dude and while I don't approve of Thrawn's methods I don't know if Thrawn's being unfair. Ruthless? yes! A bit cruel? Certainly! But the dude also sabotaged a military vehicle with the intent of blowing up someone else. I mean yes he is basically blowing up a nazi so it's kinda justified but still he was going to kill someone else, so Thrawn is really doing to him what he was going to do to someone else purposely. 

Of course what makes this scene even more twisted is when you realize that both the guy who built the speeder and the biker who the engineer was planning on killing are probably both conscripts that got pressed into service. Good god that is really twisted the more i think about how this may be prevalent of the Imperial military industrial complex. Conscripts killing other conscripts that are merely replaced by even more conscripts. It's not patriotic Imperials dying its just the scrubs that were forced to be there with the higher ups, the real people that need to be killed, effected in the slightest.