Captain Lackwit

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

Question on the episode - why wasn't this Dash Rendar and the Outrider?

He'd be about the right age for the kids in the episode, and the ship is certainly close enough to be an earlier version of the Outrider...

Wonder why they felt like introducing entirely-new characters...

Cause at the end of the day, not everything has to be brought back, and perhaps not everything should.

It's entirely possible that the rouge one tie in is as little as a name drop, so basing it off of the movie is sketchy. I think there will be a tie in, but that doesn't mean the Ghosts crew is done rebelling after the plans are stolen or the Death Star is destroyed. It won't run that long but it doesn't have to be an abrupt end like most of you think it will be.

I imagine the Rogue One tie in will the Ghost crew encountering Saw Gerrera and his rebel cell, heck they could even include them in the theft of the x-wing prototypes as a way to further make that episode out to be a big event.

He'd be about the right age for the kids in the episode, and the ship is certainly close enough to be an earlier version of the Outrider...

Cause at the end of the day, not everything has to be brought back, and perhaps not everything should.

Honestly with Xisor dying back in the clone wars, Dash Rendar virtually has no story arc left, much like kyle/jan with rogue one coming out. And poor Corran Horn... well there's always that rumored Tv series set after ROTJ and before the battle of Jakku, I guess he could return to pilot a Green X-wing in that. In fact, I would love to see Corran/Kyle/Jan all tied into that show somehow. With the Rebellion now trying to establish a legit government, allot of smugglers would have to go legal, or be crushed by either the republic or Empire. Could be interesting. Not main characters mind you, but more like the Hondo of that series.

And yes they could write new cannon, but it has to be set so that the fans like it, and it stays true to character (for the most part) that fans remember, and sometimes that can be very difficult. I see allot of Thrawn complaints right now because we haven't seen him do anything, just let our heroes go again and again and again... We speculate he's building up for something (besides keeping souvenirs on his desk), but we don't really know right now. He should have wasted Constatine after his failure at the end of the episode, not to mention the blatant lie about not needing help, but he did not. Or maybe he still will, or better yet, Constatine gets a demotion leaving him to wallow in the shame. Honestly we need a Thrawn episode, maybe two, no Ghost crew, just Thrawn and the empire.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

Because then the story would have been completely different?

Dash Rendar is nothing like Iron Squadron.

This is cool, but I'm pretty sure it didn't make it into the episode.
That looks cool as ****, but it doesn't really seem appropriate for the Empire.

Also, giant spider-hydra thing doesn't really make sense on a Star Destroyer named "Wolf".
Edited by DarthEnderX

Because then the story would have been completely different?

Dash Rendar is nothing like Iron Squadron.

This is cool, but I'm pretty sure it didn't make it into the episode.
That looks cool as ****, but it doesn't really seem appropriate for the Empire.

Also, giant spider-hydra thing doesn't really make sense on a Star Destroyers named "Wolf".

Wolf is written on pretty much all the concept art.

I'm not saying I don't believe it.  I'm saying it doesn't fit.

If you're going to paint a creature on a ship called the "Wolf" it should be, you know...some kind of wolf.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Nah, wolf is irrelevant, it has to be some sort of codename for "Rebels" or something like that. It is on every concept art:

reb_ca_1891_366c87a3.jpeg

reb_ca_1828_6d6af673.jpeg

I bet the monster is supposed to be a chimaera, it doesn't look exactly how our Earthy chimaeras are depicted, but maybe they have different ones in a galaxy far far away, and Chimaera was Thrawn's flagship in the Thrawn's Trilogy.

If you're going to paint a creature on a ship called the "Wolf" it should be, you know...some kind of wolf.

No, I mean all the concept art. For everything. Either every ship and every character in Rebels is called Wolf or more likely Wolf refers to something to do with the production as opposed to anything in universe.

Edited by Blue Five

A chimaera is, in mythology, a creature with parts of different animals. It is usually represented by a lion with wings and snake tail, but it isn't necessarily limited to that combination.

In the Star Wars galaxy they don't have the same animals we have on Earth, so it would make no sense to have a lion depicted.

That painting would perhaps fit Thrawn's passion for art, but makes him too close to Sabine. I mean, Thrawn is a Grand Admiral of the Empire, not a teenage graffiter or a vulgar pirate.

Thrawn seems to appreciate order too much to paint a tatoo on a warship, regardless of its artistic value.

Also, even when Thrawn appreciates art, at no point he declares himself a graphical artist. He considers himself and artist of war.

You can like the Beatles like crazy and still go around in a car that doesn't have Lennon's face painted on it.

No, I mean all the concept art. For everything. Either every ship and every character in Rebels is called Wolf or more likely Wolf refers to something to do with the production as opposed to anything in universe.

Ohh, I see now.  Thanks.

I guess I just assumed that since Thrawn's ship in TIE Fighter was the Grey Wolf that they were referencing that game.

Okay, yeah.  If this ship is supposed to be the Chimera, then the decal makes a lot more sense.

Also, even when Thrawn appreciates art, at no point he declares himself a graphical artist. He considers himself and artist of war.

You can like the Beatles like crazy and still go around in a car that doesn't have Lennon's face painted on it.

Well, it's not like he painted it himself.

If you like the Beatles, and actually hold total authority over them, maybe you make Paul McCartney write you a song. Likewise, maybe Thrawn had an artist he particularly likes decorate his ship.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Wasn't the Chimera Pelleons ship which Thrawn just took command of when he got back?

Anyway, lamest episode yet.

Found Iron squadron TOO annoying and honestly felt that a couple of them dying would have improved the theme of the series over all.

With Konstantine out of the picture it's a perfect time to introduce Pelleon, I think.

The kids gonna be bait for Sato and I am not sure if the kids gonna survive either, besides, why should Dash Rendar have some family connections to the leader of phoenix cell? Dash is a merc for the longest time, not some naive Rebel kid. 

Thats nice and all, but Thrawn's ISD is the Chimaera iirc ;-)