Sign in to follow this  
Nemomon

The Deep Realms Expansion

BTW, just saw the Jinx follower card in that update link. I don't know who's a bigger b****, her or the Hag!

The Hag, hands down!

Sure, but the Jinx is definitely worse than her close relative, the False Prophet. I like the fact that you must go to the Soothsayer to discard the Jinx: it is less hard than visiting the Enchantress due to non-random City movement, but is definitely a longer way to go. It's a good way to tie the expansions together and it's probably the first time I see a card referencing a space that is neither in the base game nor belongs to the expansion where the card is found.*

I've ordered it as soon as I saw Jon's post, now let's see how long does it take from America to Italy (probably 1 month, since I chose the most affordable shipping rate).

*EDIT: actually the first one was the Wanderlust ending from the Woodland.

Edited by The_Warlock

There's no doubt it will suck to get the Jinx. I am actually looking forward to (someone else!) getting this card.

But you are right in that you can def. get rid of it even if it does take a little longer to get to. Also, you can simply avoid paying fate unless in the most dire circumstances. As in, you are about to be killed, so then there's nothing to lose anyway! It's going to make for a tense few turns while you head into into the City and that's the fun!

Perhaps the Jinx and her short stories in people's games should get her own thread... ;)

So the wait is finally over!!! :D

Now it's just a case of finding somewhere in the UK that will ship this wonderful creation my way!! Amazon.co.uk is a no show at present :( I will keep searching!!! :)

Now it's just a case of finding somewhere in the UK that will ship this wonderful creation my way!!

The FFG store ships all over Europe. I can recommend it, having used it myself.

Oh yes, but when I ordered the Nether Realm the less expensive shipping cost was more than the price of the PoD expansion. I'm living in Italy.

This time I was surprised to find a standard USPS international mail option that costed only $3.60, which is a very reasonable price that justifies buying the PoD directly from FFG. I'm looking forward to see how it will be shipped, how long will it take and if it arrives without trouble.

Edited by The_Warlock

I'm looking forward to see how it will be shipped, how long will it take and if it arrives without trouble.

For me, it was unexpectedly fast and arrived in perfect shape. I was actually half expecting it to get stuck in customs for a few days but it seems a lot of small parcels go through without being checked.

Well it does sound very tempting to purchase straight from FFG, however my thinking is that by the time it gets to my door from the US then I could have purchased from my local (wayland games), have it quicker and help my local shop. I will keep an eye on their site to see as and when they get it in stock. Failing that I may just say screw it and buy it online tonight! ;) lol

I didn't look to see if there was a way to track the package.  I ordered mine late on Thursday. Yesterday, Monday, is a holiday here in the United States, so no mail delivery, but I'm sort of expecting it today. 

I just ordered mine! Does anyone have a photo of how this fits in the board? 

Also, does anyone know if there will eventually be something like this connecting the other regions? (Woodlands+Highlands or anything else).

I didn't look to see if there was a way to track the package.  I ordered mine late on Thursday. Yesterday, Monday, is a holiday here in the United States, so no mail delivery, but I'm sort of expecting it today. 

I got a USPS tracking number when I got my notification of shipment.

As soon as people have their mitts on it I'll be able to post a card list for people.

Well, if my order tracking is correct, have that list ready by Friday!

EDIT: Make that tomorrow! That was FAST! It just shipped yesterday!

Edited by Quartzquiz

There's no doubt it will suck to get the Jinx. I am actually looking forward to (someone else!) getting this card.

But you are right in that you can def. get rid of it even if it does take a little longer to get to. Also, you can simply avoid paying fate unless in the most dire circumstances. As in, you are about to be killed, so then there's nothing to lose anyway! It's going to make for a tense few turns while you head into into the City and that's the fun!

Perhaps the Jinx and her short stories in people's games should get her own thread... ;)

Now that I think about her, the Jinx is designed more viciously than I realised at first sight.

You must visit the Soothsayer to discard her, but as for the Enchantress, Mystic and Tavern that serve the same purpose, you can't just go there and discard the bad Follower. You have to roll on their tables. The Soothsayer only replenishes fate at a cost and like the other City Shops you can't enter and do nothing.

If you have fate up to your value or higher, you must spend at least 1 token before you can discard the Jinx. Unless you want to give up the use of fate for the rest of the game, you're forced to take the risk of being killed at least once and if you have no gold you'll be forced to find some as well. Not a great situation! :(

Get the Jinx and then have the Soothsayer space Terrained. Great fun!

Terraining has been a big part of our games lately, 75% of the time I am the culprit. I love Terraining the Graveyard for evil characters.

But ooh its nasty getting the Jinx and having the spot to get rid of her Terrained. :o:ph34r:

Edited by DomaGB

If you have fate up to your value or higher, you must spend at least 1 token before you can discard the Jinx. Unless you want to give up the use of fate for the rest of the game, you're forced to take the risk of being killed at least once and if you have no gold you'll be forced to find some as well. Not a great situation! :(

You are absolutely right and at first thought I hadn't considered that either. No gold or full fate would be a disaster with this card! Either of these situations can easily occur and both of them suck.

Hang on to that Lucky Charm...

Edited by adjogi

As soon as people have their mitts on it I'll be able to post a card list for people.

Well, if my order tracking is correct, have that list ready by Friday!

EDIT: Make that tomorrow! That was FAST! It just shipped yesterday!

I don't know what everybody else thinks but when the card list is published, by you or someone else, please do it in a new thread. I for one don't look at cards before adding them to the game. Ruins the surprise of drawing them. Not sure if I've seen all cards in later expansions yet... ;)