Sign in to follow this  
empty1986m

sorry for all the questions

okay so i have been reading alot threw out my work day and some build lists came up that confuse me so i was wondering on what the builds were and why are they so scary. 

The two i had in question were 

Han Shoots First
 Biggs Walks the Dogs

Traditional HSF Han Solo + Marksmenship+ Gunner+Chewbacca
Rookie Pilot X 2

BWtD
Biggs

Blue advance sensors x3

the HSF was used during many of the first regionals right after wave 2 was released

BWtD is famous for being the list that won the 2nd World Championship

Edited by Torresse

Han shot First, or HSF is basically...

YT-1300 - Han Solo.

Gunner

3 point EPT

Maybe Chewie

Millennium Falcon title.

2 Rookie X-Wings.

The difference between a HSF and Fat Han list is the number of points you put into Han.

Biggs Walks the Dogs is generally

Biggs

Rookie

2x Dagger Squad B-Wings with Advanced Sensors.

I've not played it but i imagine BWTD is considered scary because you've effectivelly got two B wings that cant be touched until bigs is down and its a lot of hit points in the force in total (8 per B wing, 5 for bigs....21 HP?)

So by the time you've hit bigs who is more manouvreble than the Bs (their 'weakness' is the AG right?) and got him out the way you're facing two tanky ships.

While bigs is not that evasive you're getting three green dice and a focus at range 3, 2 and a focus at 2 so unliek shooting the B wings where you're almost guarantteed hits you're forced to engage the x wing flitting about.

Sorry of course you want to get those B wings in close while bigs soaks up the damage, either way i imagine the 'scaryness' is you cant touch the tanks til you kill their nimble buddy.

Would not dropping advanced sensors off the B wings and making one of them an e2 to put Jan ors in give Biggs an evade option and make it even nastier or do i have the wrong tactic here?

Edited by Gadge

I imagine it will depend largely on your skill level.

best way to find out... get a mate to run a fat han list and try BWTD against it.

I'm doing that at the moment to try and make three squints 'heavy interceptor' list work against fat han.

i've asked my mate Matt to play fat falcon lists against me and be as harsh an opponent as he can be

Fat Han is a very loaded up falcon

Usually han solo at PS 9, gunner or luke as a crew to ensure hits, c3p0 to ensure evades, milenium falcon title to allow the evades and engine upgrade to let you do big turny boosts.

Its the build a lot of people whinge about but its quite thematic really.

I mean its all the things in the films and han does all right in the films...  as a narrative player i dont have a leg to stand on whinghing about it.

:)

First off, no apologizing about asking questions. We'll love to answer what you've got :)

Secondly, I love Paul Heaver's version of the Fat Han :  He replaces Gunner with R2-D2, meaning that it's Han and da Droids.
Making Han hard to hit, AND giving him a regenerating shield..... it's crazy fun, and I'll be using it in escalation at some point.

Paul Heaver, our 2013 and 2014 World Champion pioneered the Biggs Walks the Dog list by winning Worlds 2013 with it, and won 2014 Worlds with a "modified" Fat Han, so both are good lists still.

Biggs Walks the Dogs is a little less powerful than before thanks to the TIE Phantom.  However, for those just learning the game, it is still a fine list to learn off of.

Morgan Reid, Runner Up at Worlds 2014 learned the game flying Biggs walks the Dog. 

Edited by EvilEd209