Sign in to follow this  
nikk whyte

hitting the Reset Button

i've found that after a losing streak, its best to break out some nice, low point generics and get back to the fundamentals of the game.

my personal "reset button" list is 

etahn, marksmanship

red squadron x wing x2

green squad a wing, refit, veteran instincts. 

there arent a million movement choices, or action branches to go down, you just point your moderate ships at stuff and shoot. and it comes in at 99 points to boot.

marksmanship is for kill shots, while ethan boosts the reds that are formation flying with him. the a-wing does a-wing things, zipping around and contributing when necessary.

anybody else have a reset button list?

Luke, Biggs, Wedge. Flavour to your taste. Personally, I go Predator and EU on Wedge, Luke has is R2D2, and Biggs can have Flechette and R3 for a double stress first strike.

EDIT: I don't really care what I do with the 3 left overs, maybe R5-P9 on Wedge? I'm not that fussed.

Edited by jimmius

My brother had a losing streak. We usually play with new squads every game, and everything he came up with (even a 3PO Gunner Falcon at one point) failed. I suggested he run a XXBB setup and since then he's had a rule of running at least four ships.

You're right, it's very easy to get so bogged down in advanced mechanics that you neglect your basic dice and dials.

My 'reset' was this:

Wedge 29

R5-d8 3

Engine upgrade 4

Veteran instincts 1

protom torp 4

Airen 19

Veteran instincts 1

Homing missiles 5

Jan Ors 25

Blaster turret 4

Saboteur 2

moldy crow 3

I vowed to not play imperials until I won with rebels and the lost for three months straight. Finally won against Rexler, Vessery and a shuttle.

My first win (reset) was XXBB that looked something like this;

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Engine Upgrade (4)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Engine Upgrade (4)

Rookie Pilot (21)

R2-D2 (4)

Rookie Pilot (21)

R7 Astromech (2)

it went up against 5 Z-95s, 1 y-wing with an ion turret, and a prototype a-wing. the game was closer but we ran out of time, I had taken out two of his Z-95s and lost the R7 x-wing, in the end I had one more point in my fleet than he did so I was declared the winner. now if only I can do something about fat Han or Phantoms like this...

My current favorite "reset" list is two interceptors and a Phantom.

Whisperer with VI, ACD, and FCS - 39pts

Soontir with PtL, and TC                - 32pts

Carnor Jax with PtL                        - 29pts

100pts

Before this list, my other "reset" list was a Decimator and mini swarm.  I was kinda in a slump and running a big turretted ship that was the new shiny toy in the Empire was just fun.  I won more that I lost, but I soon got tired of it and went to the above list.  Something about flying by the seat of your pants, knowing that everyshot you take from a 3 attack enemy could one shot you if the dice go against you, is kinda awesome in a crazy way.