Sign in to follow this  
TheJrade

Models not to scale

So I've been thinking. As long as the ships look awesome, I'm really not all that concerned personally about scale. I WOULD like to see ships appropriately scaled when it comes to their firepower and abilities, but if they otherwise need to take some liberties with the sizes of the ships, I've decided playability comes first for me here. It is first and foremost a game after all, and I would like to see more rather than less of the more massive capital ships down the road.

Edited by CobaltWraith

So I've been thinking. As long as the ships look a awesome, I'm really not all that concerned personally about scale. I WOULD like to see ships appropriately scaled when it comes to their firepower and abilities, but if they otherwise need to take some liberties with the sizes of the ships, I've decided playability comes first for me here. It is first and foremost a game after all, and I would like to see more rather than less of the more massive capital ships down the road.

Agreed.  It sure beats fighters being too small to even get figures.

I think that the Space Addon mod attempted to rescale ships, although I may be getting that wrong. I have around a dozen mods for the original EaW...

The Federation at War mod upscaled all the SW ships to fit ST, although the textures were not great, the hardpoints were portraid more realistically.

Granted, EaW has never been perfect, but X-Wing still has its scale issues even in 1/270...I just want to dispel the notion that the SD in the box is the Imperator (or whatever the one in Ep IV was!), it's a wee Victory :)

Cobalt nails it on the head for me!

Something that I like ALREADY about Armada is the way fighters move. The differences in raw speed between, say, the X and B is more apparant, will make for a very cinematic experience! Looking forward to this game alot!

If models were to scale, then fighters would be invisible and either rebel ships would be super tiny, or Vics (and later Imps) would be massive. The cost of a core is already $100. If Vics were to scale it would be $150. Imps alone would end up at about $100 just for a single ISD.

I prefer being able to afford models compared to having exact scale models that are exorbitantly expensive.

I think scale was important in x wing (disregard cr90 and transport) though here it makes sense to just make it playable and keep scaling at least close as possible for good measure. I dont know about you but i want a super star destroyer on the table some day and i dont want it to end up like the cr90 in x wing....

Edited by oddeye