Sign in to follow this  
SableGryphon

Victory Is Mined - 2014 Worlds List Recap

That is an awesome list! I love bombers and took an all bomber list to a tournament once and did ok. I just totally suck with the shuttle. I know a lot of people swear by it, I just can never get it to work. I might try this list out though. It could be good practice.

Did you ever manage to whack a Falcon with four mines at once?

Not in the tournament. But I never had to. Usually I could focus it down and then finish it off with Mines if necessary. :)

Very cool list. Inspired by your list I went to buy my first bomber today. Nobody had any :(

Do you think the "big plans" are just bombs you can plop forward or sideways as an action? It would certainly make bombers more nasty.

I have no idea what the big plans are. Hints were dropped about an 'Aces' treatment though. No details, but there's a lot that could be done, such as new bombs and other improvements. :)

great write up. Thanks to you when scum comes out I'm wanting to try a list like yours but with Y wings

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Proximity Mines (3)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Proximity Mines (3)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Proton Bombs (5)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Seismic Charges (2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by X Wing Nut

Another great write-up, SableGryphon. After reading your article about proximity mines and then watching you and your list on Twitch on Friday, I decided to go out the next day and get my first Bomber in your honor. I can't wait to experiment with it a bit and eventually amass at least a couple more.

Good writeup, very entertaining. I already have lots of Bombers, but have never considered running Proximity Mines until the last FAQ update. And even then I still prefer dropping Seismic Charges or Proton Bombs. This might change my mind though.

For those looking for more Proximity Mines, the IG-2000 will also come with them, so no need to buy more Firesprays (if you can find them) to get more of them.

Great write-up Sable. I'll add a thought since Monday morning quarterbacking is easy. You can reshape the playing field with mines if you find the asteroids not to your advantage. In your game against Typo, I think you could have used your bombs as a deterrent/block against his maneuverable list. He seemed plenty happy to play ring around the asteroids in the last half and I think a good play might have been to drop a couple of prox mines in one of the corners in line with the asteroids to force him to turn more sharply through the asteroids, about face into your squad, or drive through the mines. I don't know that it would have made a critical difference, but I think Prox mines have a use in shrinking the field against a fast list that wants to make big sweeps and boost around the outside.

No, no. Haven't you been paying attention to the forums for the past few months? TIE bombers are terrible, ordnance isn't worth the points, and there are no lists with acceptable performance that don't fly a Falcon, Phantom, or 7+ ships. Anyone who believes otherwise is guilty of wishful thinking.

(I'd say "welcome to the wishful thinking club", but I'm pretty sure you've been there at least as long as I have. I'm delighted to see your post, in any case, and glad Worlds was a great experience for you. :))