Sign in to follow this  
Prevailing Winds

what can you do with Gemmer?

Push the Limit is default on him. Honestly he can excel with lots of abilities though! If you can pair him with Dutch or Cracken you can pass over a Target Lock, and use either Opportunist or Expose to hit with four dice! Opportunist is honestly the better of the two though, given the large amount of green and not requiring the action. If you're lucky you might not even have to spend the Focus. :3

Actually, you can also put Predator on him as well and have him use Evade when he's in a firing arc, and Focus when he is not.

You can do just about anything with Gemmer. I've run it toe to toe against a 6 tie howl swarm with a phantom behind me, came out without a scratch.

I like to shoot forward as fast as I can and then angle out and hit the gas. Gemmer is bait, since the red dice come at a premium.

I used him in a list with Expose, but the problem is that he is only PS 6.  I had him in a list with Jan Ors and Squad Leader.  She was able to give him an action late that he used to Expose himself (not sure what she had to say about it) and she then bumped him up an attack die.  I also used Dutch to give out TL.  I was able to get a Focus, TL, and 5 die attack with him!   Overall, the list wasn't the best that I ran, but I'm sure it could be tweaked. 

For me, the problem with Expose is that it's a lot of points.  If it were less, I'd be more than happy to try it out on occasion with him on his own.  Spending 3 pts to effectively/reliably do it?  That's too much as you need to invest so much more in the rest of the team. 

You can also give this guy Expert Handling to givce him even more manueverablity.  Still hurts to be PS 6, though. 

If someone else in the squad had Intelligence Agent, you could use Stay On Target with him.  That would help him use the ability more often.  I wouldn't really peg it out as a major theme in the list, but if you have Int Agent for some other reason, Gemmer with SoT isn't a bad idea for not too much. 

I think Gemmer is a nice thing to bring as a survivalist in a list.  Oh, he's not a centerpiece, but if the rest of your list has Luke and/or Tarn w/ R7, then you can have a list that is just hard to take down. 

I like him with:

Refit+Test Pilot + Opportunist + Stealth.

I think Opp makes him enough of a threat that it forces your opponent to engage him early if you ram him down their throats. He's a pretty good distraction. Its an expensive distraction at 27 points, but if he gets ignored, he can put out some hurt.