Sign in to follow this  
tk426

What's your Kryptonite

I SUCK at flying large base ships. Anytime I fly a Firespray or a Lambda (I refuse to fly the Falcon because that's what's popular right now and I have an almost irrational thing against "net decking"), I will end up on an asteroid at least once and misjudge my maneuvers enough that I end up bumping my own ships. I'll just stick to my Defenders and Interceptors, thank you very much.

Just do it a couple more times.  ^^  You'll be fine.  They say most people's first time hurts a lot

Oh, the first time I played a Lambda I ended up on three rocks in a row, so I am getting better.

In my case: The Direct Hit! damage card. I swear I have an entire deck of the things...

I know how that feels. I swear every time I run my 2x Defenders HLC +Jonus list, the first and only damage Jonus will take will end up being the "Injured Pilot" crit, and then I'm stuck with a glorified bus driver plinking away with his 2 attack dice.

Advanced Sensors against my attacking TIE/Ln's... Always I roll a singular hit, instant waste of an attack.

Defense dice. If I'm rolling green dice, I'm playing wrong.

Any Falcon - especially Fat Han or Fat Chewie

Extremely arrogant players - Those ones who just have to tell you what you did wrong or where you went wrong in your list build. I swear I'm going to hit one, one day.

One-time winners - the ones who instantly know EVERYTHING about the game purely because they ran a 'net-squad' and won their first tourney (a local tourney with less than 10 players).

**Listed in order of annoyance**

Cheers

I will reiterate the thing that's been said a million times: Dice. However, the few times I do hit and get crits, the cards HATE the guy I tend to play against, so he gets all the nasty crits. Doesn't help me much when I'm getting vaporized, but sometimes it's just enough.

1. Dice: don't bet on me rolling well and bet on my opponents rolling like champs.
  2. Me: I tend to beat myself up when the chips are down. It's a a vicious cycle: I fear falling too far behind and losing, make mistakes and fall behind, fear grows.
  3. Falcons suck. They just make the game un-fun.

I firmly believe not making turrets be repositioned every turn (possibly as an action) was a design flaw.

C3P0, Advanced Cloaking Device. These 2 bull ruins the game for everyone, both competitive level and casual games.

Against ACD phantoms, if you did pack the anti phantom stuff, that's an instant win for you. If you didnt pack the anti phantom stuff, that's an instant win for him. There's no in-between, it is purely you have it you win, you dont have it you lose. Sucks a lot for casual games.

C3P0 falcon is just simply too strong. It is retarded when you have 2 healthy TIEs left chasing down a Falcon with 2 hp left, only to get wiped by said falcon without dealing even a scratch

definitely, the falcon's turret design was an extremely poor design decision. Would have been better if it has a normal front arc primary attack, then you give it a turret upgrade and have it use that instead.

Edited by Duraham

Mine is playing the same people too often and getting used to their style of play, then playing someone totally new in a tournament and getting destroyed because I get too used to flying against the same lists/tactics.

Also constantly trying to fit 4 ships in a rebel list - so many fun 3 ship builds, but I just want that 4th ship!

Edited by KovuTalli

I haven't been playing that long, but I've already found a couple weaknesses.  I actually prefer to get beaten early and often at this stage in the game, as I don't want to find a dynamite Rebel list, get cocky, and turn into "that guy."

1.  Becoming so wrapped up in my initial maneuvering plans that I forget to predict my opponent's strategy.  I tried out a AAZZ missile-heavy anti-swarm build yesterday and managed to boresight it right in front of a HLC Lambda...with Jonus as wingman.

2.  Relying too much on ordnance.  I've only had a handful of successes this way - I cracked a TIE swarm to hell with two Assault Missiles, and also had a great round with Nera Dantels.  Every other time, it seems like the points are better spent in survivability/buffs/EPTs.

3.  Relying too much on the same tactics.  As every other person I play with wants to fly Imperial, I've become a Rebel pilot out of necessity.  And though I think using obstacles is a vital part of the Rebel's playbook, setting the throttles to "grandma" and creeping along the Rebel Edge waiting for the Imps to file through and around obstacles is getting predictable.

I will probably still be losing more than I am winning in 6 months, but I'd like to think I get a tiny bit better with each waxing.  You know you have a great game on your hands when you can get wiped in the alpha strike and still have had a good time.

I fly like Vizzini. I look at the most obvious move available to me, then look at how my opponent might counter it. Then I try to figure out how to counter that move. Then I try to figure out how to counter their counter to my counter. That's the move I do.

80% of the time, that move leaves me with a swarm on my tailpipe and I realize I should have done the first move.

Edited by PhantomFO

Tie swarms! I can't kill them! I've lost every match Ive ever played against them!

I just about soiled myself in league night this past weekend, when I found out that my second game would be against a TIE swarm. It was the second league night that I played, Howlie was my first kill in league play, and I wound up taking the game. Fun match.

Tie swarms! I can't kill them! I've lost every match Ive ever played against them!

My stepfather had that problem.
But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. (Where the Fire Nation is Wave IV).
He now runs:

4x Tala Squadron Pilots 

+ Assault Missiles
+ Munitions Failsafe

.-=19 Each=-.

Airen Cracken

+ Cluster Missiles

+ Munitions Failsafe

.-= 24 =-.

It hurts. A lot.

Being able to change my movement in the Activation phase. Doesn't matter if it is the Fettigator or just boost or barrel-roll. I cannot not leave well enough alone and am compelled to modify my move. I don't know how many times just going with my initial move would have left me in the perfect spot but my need to keep moving put me in a bad spot.