Sign in to follow this  
tk426

What's your Kryptonite

Definitely the dice.

I could be doing everything right and maneuvering like a champ and get within one range of a ship outside of its arc and roll blanks or one hit with no eyeballs which is easily evaded.

Once I had a fully healthy interceptor which was hiding behind an asteroid and was range 3 from an attacking x-wing. I used boost so no focus. The x-wing rolled 3 hits and I rolled 3 blanks and 2 eyeballs.

But a swarm or mini swarm are tough because sometimes I end up right within the firing arc of all of them.

"Phat Han", TIE phantoms. I didn't use to fear phantoms, but this new kid has really taken a liking to that ship, and he has gotten good at it in a hurry.

My other weakness (not necessarily kryptonite) is that I can't fly TIE interceptors too much! I'm afraid Soontir Fel is becoming a crutch, but at least he's a crutch with a handsome goatee (goatee > 'stache -- eat your heart out Horton and Biggs fans!)

Long dark curly hair and a warm smile

My wife once asked me what my ideal woman was. I, ever so boldly state, A shapely brunette that's my height!.....

My wife is 6" shorter than me and blonde.

I still hurt after that remark...

It sounds like you both had that one coming. Her for asking such a set-up question, you for being too dumb to lie. :P

I've never been a fan of argon.

Don't send me back to my welder days!

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

Long dark curly hair and a warm smile

My wife once asked me what my ideal woman was. I, ever so boldly state, A shapely brunette that's my height!.....

My wife is 6" shorter than me and blonde.

I still hurt after that remark...

It sounds like you both had that one coming. Her for asking such a set-up question, you for being too dumb to lie. :P

I've never been a fan of argon.

Don't send me back to my welder days!

A noble profession, I'm sure.

I SUCK at flying large base ships. Anytime I fly a Firespray or a Lambda (I refuse to fly the Falcon because that's what's popular right now and I have an almost irrational thing against "net decking"), I will end up on an asteroid at least once and misjudge my maneuvers enough that I end up bumping my own ships. I'll just stick to my Defenders and Interceptors, thank you very much.

I SUCK at flying large base ships. Anytime I fly a Firespray or a Lambda (I refuse to fly the Falcon because that's what's popular right now and I have an almost irrational thing against "net decking"), I will end up on an asteroid at least once and misjudge my maneuvers enough that I end up bumping my own ships. I'll just stick to my Defenders and Interceptors, thank you very much.

Just do it a couple more times.  ^^  You'll be fine.  They say most people's first time hurts a lot

Being primarily a rebel player I get shivers up my spine whenever I have to face ICTs. One is fine but 2 or more and I'll start to despair. The others are HLCs and the Tie Swarm, especially high PS swarms. I can't remember if I've ever defeated a Tie swarm list but if I did it's few and far between.