Sign in to follow this  
tk426

What's your Kryptonite

This could be anything from not being a good pilot or not knowing how to maneuver against a certain ship, or not remembering your pilots abilities.

So what's your Kryptonite?

I have a few I've been trying to get better at. And some that I have no control over.

1. Fire Control System. Whenever I see this on my opponents ship I cringe. It puts me in a start of mind where I feel like it won't matter how well I roll evade dice.

2. Soontir Fel. I've been a fan of this character since the old Decipher CCG game. I was ecstatic when they introduced him to X-Wing. And I've won many games with him. I just can't beat him.

3. Poor dice rolling. I really feel like i dont roll dice very well. I could have 5 attack with a Tie Phantom and only ever roll one hit. Consistently. I do end up winning more often than not, I think, but it's time like that that make you sick to your stomach.

Fat Falcons.  I've been playing Empire since the beginning and I love them for the flankers (interceptors n' such).  Every other turret has a weakness (range 2 ion and blaster turrets or 2 attack dice 2400 turret) but the falcon is 3 dice out to range 3.

Not to say that I think it is overpowered, it just shuts down a lot of the more conventional flanking strategies that I build my lists around.

The Phantom Menace.

I'm constantly building against it, without which I actually face it all that often anymore. I'm trying to break myself of the habit, but I know that it's not going to be long before I face one again - because I'll have stopped building against it.

I guess I just need to learn how to fly against it, rather than hobble myself by building against it.