Sign in to follow this  
charlarino

THE FORCE AWAKENS

I can't believe the title is actually bothering anyone.

You can't believe it because you think it's a good title? Or you can't believe it because it's trivial and it doesn't matter what a movie title is?

He likes the prequel movies, so his standards are really low to begin with.

That was really unnecessary. If someone wants to like the prequels that's fine, there's no need for derogatory comments like that man. By all means continue with the prequel hate, but not at the expense of others.

Huh I thought hobo and laquit were friends and just making sarcastic jabs at each other. Guess I was wrong.

We definitely aren't. I try to either not address him or at least do so in a semi-respectful manner but for whatever reason that guy really hates me.

I don't get it.

Not really taken with the title...it feels more like a prequel-prequel movie title.

Maybe it implies that the force is about to go Uber and force users are going to get crazy strong in it. I dunno.

The title will have some bearing on some people's perception of the film. Some might only care about what they see onscreen for the movie's brief runtime, but for others it's a package deal. There's nothing wrong with either approach.

Objectively [looking outside the context of nostalgia] I always thought the title "The Empire Strikes Back" was really weak. But I've been more forgiving since Attack of the Clones, since I've realized the inspiration is similar; so few seem to remember Lucas' primary influence was turn-of-the-century pulp sci-fi. (No, I mean the other century). I'm at the point where I think the titles for all six existing films are pretty good, considering.

"The Force Awakens" I can certainly deal with, but I'd still rather see it coupled with the phrases "Star Wars" and "Episode VII" and appropriate punctuation.

The visual style of the logo is actually what I'm the least enthused about right now. It looks like a friggin' Powerpoint slide.

Still pumped for this movie, though.

Initial reaction:  I like it.

I found "The Phantom Menace" hilarious when it was announced, and "Attack Of The Clones" cringeworthy, but I like this one.

It signifies change for me.  A shift in the Star Wars universe, something unpredictable occurring... sounds good.

Maybe we're older now than when we watched the OT, so we ignore how 'Empire Strikes Back' sounds like a saturday morning cartoon. Maybe we're so angry about how bad the prequels were, we don't even bother to point and laugh at 'Attack of the Clones', because that's the last of that movies problems.

I dunno, I don't think 'The Force Awakens', is any more/less ludicrous than any other Star Wars title. Also, Why does the title even matter?

Yea Hobo enough with the rude and negative comments against people who like the prequels already.  We all get you hate them, doesn't mean you need to take it out on those who do.

Oh this isn't about the prequels this is about lackwit attacking me personally and lying about things said in older threads.

He knows full well what he did and should stop playing the victim.

Yea Hobo enough with the rude and negative comments against people who like the prequels already.  We all get you hate them, doesn't mean you need to take it out on those who do.

Oh this isn't about the prequels this is about lackwit attacking me personally and lying about things said in older threads.

It's not just him.  You have offended me before as well, when I wasn't even talking to you, just because I liked something about the prequels.  The worst being when you compared me to Hitler once.

I'm calling it... Luke as a Sith Lord or at least a fallen, dark Jedi... come'on JJ sack up and give us a dark sequel.

Doesn't that happen in the books or something? 

Also, wait till the movie comes out.  The Force Awaken could be about a specific person, not about the Force in general.  So, maybe one of Leia's kids hasn't been able to use the Schwartz, but in an epic moment when all is lost, he/she uses it and saves the day. 

Edited by heychadwick

No, I don't? WTF did I ever do to you? At this point you're just pissing me off. Come out with it and stop being a ninny about it. I don't deal with passive aggressive bullsh*t, so spit it out or shut up. I am sick of this bullsh*t, Hobo. I am done with it. I am absolutely f*cking DONE.

Come out with it, or just shut the hell up. Because all you do is attack people you don't like, particularly people who like the prequels. You just come out and do it, for no reason.

So come on.

Out with it.

Edited by Captain Lackwit

AAAND relax.... Take a deep breath.... And lets get back on topic please.

No dude I'm done. I want to know what in the hell I did to receive the ire of some random joe who I had maybe two larger disagreements with. I want to know what gives this sod the right to just attack people for no apparent reason.

No, I don't? WTF did I ever do to you? At this point you're just pissing me off. Come out with it and stop being a ninny about it. I don't deal with passive aggressive bullsh*t, so spit it out or shut up. I am sick of this bullsh*t, Hobo. I am done with it. I am absolutely f*cking DONE.

Come out with it, or just shut the hell up. Because all you do is attack people you don't like, particularly people who like the prequels. You just come out and do it, for no reason.

So come on.

Out with it.

Could you two please work this out via PM.

If not, there is an ignore feature. Just click on your avatar in the top-right of the screen, click the "Edit My Profile" button, go to "Ignore Preferences," and add the user name you want to ignore.

Okay so after skimming through the thread this far, it appears I will have a unique perspective. 

I was reading the second book of the Jedi Academy trilogy when the title was released.

DARK APPRENTICE by Kevin J. Anderson.

And I was reminded of the passage below I had just read...

15162886364_8681276959_h.jpg

I should disclaimer this before some one takes me too seriously:

IT IS LIKELY JUST A COINCIDENCE.

Edited by gabe69velasquez

I'm calling it... Luke as a Sith Lord or at least a fallen, dark Jedi... come'on JJ sack up and give us a dark sequel.

Doesn't that happen in the books or something? 

You can read about the speculation on makingstarwars.net if you don't mind potential spoilers

The comic series Dark Empire has Luke 'falling' to the dark side kinda maybe on purpose in a fit of ill conceived strategery

Edited by nathankc