Sign in to follow this  
charlarino

THE FORCE AWAKENS

whats really funny is i was just thinking about this not 15 min before i sat at my computer. When are we going to get a title. what will that title be? How will it be written / structured?

I think it is a good title. As far as cannon goes Luke is the last known jedi. So for more to come about it has to awaken. 

To be honest I am just happy for more star wars

Edited by L0STHER0

I didn't like how "StarTrekIntoDarkness" was all kind of mushed together without any punctuation, so I hope that's not where this is headed. Something on such a grand scale as the Star Wars saga doesn't need that kind of brevity.

So, if it's "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens", then... okay. If it's "Star Wars The Force Awakens", then no.

As an aside, I am looking forward to the first few days/weeks after the release of the movie.  I think we will see much debate about the movie, and I certainly think we will see certain individuals explode ... either because the movie was great or the movie sucked.

In fact, instead of seeing the movie, it may be better (at least initially) to simply get a big box of popcorn, and hit F5-Refresh all day long in this forum.   :P

Maybe the Force is getting old and has to pee at 3 a.m. every **** night.

HEY! I resemble that... <_<

As long as it's not as bad as Ep I - III, I'll be okay with it. Maybe... We'll have to see what "the Mouse" does with it.

At first I thought it was a joke. Literally. I had to see the tweet myself to believe it. I thought it was a pretty bad title. 

Now, after some time has passed, not only do I think it's a bad title, I think it's the worse Star Wars title we have had yet. Even worse than The Phantom Menace. Of course this is my opinion, but I think it's absolutely cringe worthy. Doesn't mean the movie will be bad of course, but jeez, I don't know how they ended up with THIS. 

EDIT- Just to be clear, I am cautiously optimistic for this movie, and expect this movie to be much better than pre-quels. Heck, I don't think it's too far of a stretch to say it has the possibility to be better than Return of the Jedi (which is easily the weakest of the original trilogy.) It could end up being an amazing film. I'm looking forward to seeing it. But I really, really, don't like this title. 

Edited by Jfitz1431

In the world of 24hr news, the quality of the title of a thing that won't be released for another year is worth debating.

To wit, the best movie ever has a rather misleading title "The Princess Bride." It should've been called, 'Sword Fighting with Cool Guys.'

Edited by Bohrdumb

Yeah, I think the problem is precisely that it opens up a question - "Was the Force Sleeping?"

It's a confusing inference. It doesn't make sense considering that the Force doesn't exhibit any personality or character traits to this point. It's not alive, it's affected by life. So how could it 'awaken.'

Anyway, I'm quite disappointed. Hope the movie is better, or that it's just a working title/prank.

jacob

Without knowing the background story, I don't think you can really criticize the title too much. It might fit perfectly with the movie.

I thought the Phantom Menace was the dumbest title ever. But it fit with the movie so well. You learn that Jar Jar is the Phantom that will be the Menace of every Star Wars fanboy.

Edited by Jo Jo

I think its as good as a "A New Hope" or "The Phantom Menace"

Its much better than "Star Wars" (which the first movie was marketed as).

I guess I'm old school then...

For me the title of the first movie is simply "Star Wars"

It was and still is!

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

Ya I wasn't that thrilled with the title either. If we look at where things were left off at ROTJ the empire took a crushing blow, we see the planets liberated from their rule. To me it seems that this movie would have a title indicating the coming of a new empire or something like that. This new title just doesn't really make sense, it sounds like the force was dormant or something during the 40 years and is suddenly awoken by something. Maybe 40 years of peace so there were no disturbances until now something has caused a disturbance or the force to become more active than usual. I dunno those are my thoughts tho.