Sign in to follow this  
Kingsguard

Screwy A-Wing

So I bought an A-Wing and after opening it something was bugging me. Eventually after close inspection, I discovered that the left Engine/Rudder was attached to the hull without being correctly aligned. So it sticks out slightly and the rudder angle is slightly off.

I was contemplating prying it off and regluing it on myself but I'm still trying to figure out how I could do that without visibly damaging the model.

Does FFG have any policy for people who ended up with screwy ships?

One of my Y-Wings arrived with a misaligned engine, a Phantom with a misaligned wing and an X-Wing with a misaligned laser.  None of them were really a big problem to fix.

The models are assembled with superglue, so the joins can be a bit brittle - a bit of careful wiggling should be enough to see the part come off.  Then just re-glue it into the correct position*.

*FTS Gecko Enterprises accepts no responsibility or liability for any and all miniature damage that may occur during this sketchy and unofficial repair procedure - use of this information is at owner's risk.

I've popped an X-wing laser off by (accidentally) dropping it onto the floor. Some superglue fixed it up easily.

Not that I recommend throwing your A-wing against the ground, but if all else fails …