Engine Upgrade (4)

Slave I (0)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

"Backstabber" (16)

Total: 103

So, how would this do meta wise?  

I have 1 moderately mobile PS9 ship with a rear arc and enough firepower to punch through defense dice.  

4 lowly blockers to try and block decloak lanes too!  

The question to me is Backstabber or Prox mine 1 pt initiative?  

Or a 2 pt initiative bid and flechette or seismic? 

(I prefer flechette i think, but not by much because it requires a TL and you lose your chance to boost or focus).

I'd rather move after the Phantom I think in this situation so I can put damage on it with Kath.  

Vs Falcon, I think I have enough firepower to at least try and take it down.  I now understand why blocking in almost imperative against the Falcon.  To stop it form Boosting around too much. 

Backstabber will usually get an extra dice and is generally good value, but I don't think my Falcon counter needs to be much better.

I don't like the non-mobility of it.  Considered it though.  

28 spare points:

Omicron 21

Fleet Officer 3

FCS 2

2 points init bid.  

Tactician is fine too.

Drop fleet and get eng upgrade... mobility solved

I love engine & gunner on the Firespray.

Personally I would drop Backstabber to an AP and take the cheaper bomb. With this list you need to make sure you're doing damage with Kath before she dies so I would use the APs for blocking & making sure Kath gets actions. 98 pts so you can move after Whisper & Echo and correct your arc with engine if needed. Or drop the bomb entirely... 96 is a pretty good initiative bid. I like bombs because I don't see a lot of them where I play so people tend to forget I have one and I can do a lot of surprise damage. I got a shield off of 5 ships recently with seismic charge against a bandit/prototype swarm, that was fun fun fun :)

I haven't had much success with bombs, but moving after Whisper and PS9 Hans sounds good!  

I just wish i could get a focus and a boost though.  That's my big problem.  haha  That's why I wanted Fleet Officer on the Omicron.  

Maybe I'll try that next time Omicron with EU and FCS, 1 pt initiative.  

Yeah, I think I'm going to go for a Seismic and 2pt init.  

Slave 1 was just a placeholder to me to remind me that a torp was a possibility in the builder.  Flechette.. but I;d rather not.  That needs TL and that prevents focus and boost.

Surprised at the amount of suggestions for cannons. With the exception of Krassis, cannons are bad investments on Firesprays. They already have good guns and make ample use of the auxiliary arc as part of how they fly.

Original list isn't too bad Blail, but I don't see the point in the mines. Sure, they got a little better, but that doesn't make it good on a standard ship that has no tricks to excel with them. Similarly don't see a reason for Backstabber here. Much rather drop both and get Howlrunner with a 1pt initiative bid.

Why Kath out of curiosity?

I also don't see the point of putting VI on her then spending another 1 or 2 for the initiative bid. Get Boba and give him VI. Costs 2 points and moves after / shoots before all phantoms.

If you're dead set on Kath I'd go with Outmaneuver and Tactician so you can stress ships while firing from either arc. Look at her ability as "If I get a poor attack roll, at least I get something out of it"

Kath + Tactician, Outmaneuver, Engine Upgrade = 47

Dark Curse 16

3x Academy 36

yeah actually.  I just keep hearing Boba isn't worth the cost.  but then again, I think most people think Kath isn't either.  I just require PS 9 or PS10 on one ship.  I will not play against phantoms without that.  

Thus VI is required as EPT for me.  Also I don't see any logical reason against it if you expect to play against Phantoms. 

Tactician is okay.  I put Gunner so at least she has a few more chances to get a crit.  But really, I was never expecting the ability to trigger anyway.  I just needed a high PS firespray.  

Surprised at the amount of suggestions for cannons. With the exception of Krassis, cannons are bad investments on Firesprays. They already have good guns and make ample use of the auxiliary arc as part of how they fly.

Original list isn't too bad Blail, but I don't see the point in the mines. Sure, they got a little better, but that doesn't make it good on a standard ship that has no tricks to excel with them. Similarly don't see a reason for Backstabber here. Much rather drop both and get Howlrunner with a 1pt initiative bid.

That's what I was trying to say to some people I respected very much who were pushing prox mines.  I don't really believe in them either.  But having a bunch of soft counters is nice against the Phantom.  

If Boba isn't worth the cost then Kath isn't either, there is only 1 point difference and Boba has a higher PS so the only reason to use Kath over him is for her ability.

Personally I think Boba's ability is hugely underrated but even if we ignore that, PS 10 is so much better than PS 9 vs Phantoms that it is worth the extra point.

Boba + VI, Tactician, Engine Upgrade 46

3× Academy Pilots 36

Howlrunner 18

Similar to a list I'll be running ina comp soon, but I don't have 4 TIE'S so I've decided to run 2 Interceptors instead.

Ugh.  Now I want fettigator with EU though.  =(  

No damage potential at all though .  =(  No gunner and sometimes actionless.

How would you fill this up?  

Boba Fett (39)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Navigator (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Fleet Officer (3)

Total: 95

I think a bomb might be okay.  Proton Bomb?  Hahaha.  

Otherwise, the auto-pilot option is FCS and Rebel Captive for me.  Or Mara Jade.  Gods.  That is gonna be a fun card.  I think I might want Mara Jade instead.  Make a death zone around the Shuttle for Phantoms.  

What is your plan for Fettigator? He can point in any direction you want but then what? He's just a guy that rolls 3 attack die.

He's great, don't get me wrong, but what you plan to do with him will inform the support you give him.

I'd take

Boba +VI, Navigator, Engine Upgrade 47

OGP + FCS, Gunner 28

2× Academy pilots 24

TIE's block, Buzz saw shuttle plods forward shooting and Boba goes where he wants but should make sure he can always threaten ships that get into the shuttles flank or rear.

If you would like gunner you will have to drop howlrunner, but I have been playing around with a list like this

Boba Fett w/Veteran Instinct, Gunner, Engine Upgrade

Academy Pilot x 4

This leaves you three points for more upgrades to your liking.

My resent thoughts have been  bumping three of the AP up to obsidian, an ion pulse missile, flechette torp, or an ion cannon.  You just have to remember they are basically free points.  The options may not be optimal, but they may come in handy, and are likely more useful then a three point initiative bid.