Sign in to follow this  
gundamv

Is Imperial Aces still worth getting?

Autothrusters is something Interceptors could have used months ago when Aces came out. Nothing in Aces particularly boosted them all that much. I really like the royal guard pilots, and Carnor. But besides that not much was added as far as competitive options. The title is a bit more interesting now though with Autothrusters. And I usually do run Soontir with shield and targeting compter. All in all I'd say it's still worth getting at least one copy for the titles, and generics.

When imp aces came out everyone and his dog wasn't using fat Han, squints were actually in a nice place before wave four freaked everyone out and we got the current meta.

Now we know what autothrusters do imp aces just became pure gold thanks to the royal guard title, ps6 generics remain good and the upgrade cards remain good.

I'm keen to try

5x Avengers w Autothrusters

I also think that Autothrusters will mean that Push the Limit will no longer be the only EPT that Interceptors take. A big part of why you took it was the defensive Focus + Evade combo. With the extra defense from Autothrusters, it'll give you a bit more room to experiment.

Edited by Rividius

Yes autothrusters make the interceptor better. There are about 20 topics about this already. The OP asked if he should buy it, even though he doesnt like playing with interceptors and dodging arcs. That imperial aces was great for interceptors is pretty much without a doubt. The hullupgrade, targeting computer, the pilots, all awesome. Thrusters.. even more awesome. But if you dont like playing interceptors... how much is it worth it then? So no, for the topic starter this pack did not get more interesting with autothrusters. Do you want to pay heavy money for targeting computers, opportunists or hull upgrade.. They are definitely useful in a whole lot of other builds, but none of these sound like they will remain imperial aces only, but this is something nobody here can tell you.

Edited by sigidi

I'm keen to try

5x Avengers w Autothrusters

I also think that Autothrusters will mean that Push the Limit will no longer be the only EPT that Interceptors take. A big part of why you took it was the defensive Focus + Evade combo. With the extra defense from Autothrusters, it'll give you a bit more room to experiment.

5 "Alphas" with autothrusters?   Avengers are 20 points each.