Sign in to follow this  
Hrathen

OT: Just got my D&D Attack Wing

I mean is there a more vanilla villain in D&D that Hobgoblins. 

Kobolds. I am pretty sure low level adventurers across the globe have comitted genocide a hundred times over.

In my experience, Kobolds, skeletons, and vermin swarm.

Not sure I like all the ground units etc, but as a free for all rider and dragon game it would be a blast.

The ground units are interesting but I don't think the X-wing system will be good for ground units. I would have made different movement dials for ground units.

I was minimally interested in the models but wiz kids quality usually doesn't cut it. Core rule set might be nice to get but I have enough other probably higher quality miniatures to use for it if wizids doesn't get it together

Your kidding yourself mate.

Just think of that poor snowball that went down under....that's how small the chance is that wizkids will ever pull it together

I am quite keen to pick up a core set and give it a go

STAW is quite fun if you just house rule no mixed fleets.....of course the paint quality is very bad but it's nothing a quick ink wash can't take care of.

It's really not that hard or time consuming

I was minimally interested in the models but wiz kids quality usually doesn't cut it. Core rule set might be nice to get but I have enough other probably higher quality miniatures to use for it if wizids doesn't get it together

Your kidding yourself mate.

Just think of that poor snowball that went down under....that's how small the chance is that wizkids will ever pull it together

All i want wizkidz to do is churn out more dice masters stuff: Marvel, DC , D&D... keep 'em comming!

I mean is there a more vanilla villain in D&D that Hobgoblins. 

Kobolds. I am pretty sure low level adventurers across the globe have comitted genocide a hundred times over.

Kobolds have some flavor if only because they are such low level creatures.  Goblins are the same.  But Hobgoblins are tuff enough to show up in a mid level game, and they are just blah.  Just something to fight, no real personality.  Evil soldiers, oh and their not human so no guilt about slaughtering them whole sale.

It appears the factions may be done on the traditional "Alignment" lines. Not sure until mine gets here.

This would make sense.

Is there an overview of all available models and cards somewhere?

The WizKid product page sucks pretty badly...

Edited by TheRealStarkiller

Maybe its a decent game - after all you move dragons like X-Wings in space.

And you move ground troops like X-Wings in space ......

Have I said that its a decent game possibly?

Actually ground troops move a little differently.  All units have a pivot move.  Basically you don't move at all but can pivot 90 or 180 degrees.  It is basically the only reason I can think for a dragon to land.  It adds an interesting movement option for the larger less maneuverable Dragons.  They can turn much better on the ground, but the are also vulnerable to ground units melee attacks.

I'm not buying into this game big time, but aerial dragon combat with melee/breath/spells is worth $35 to try out.

If it sucks, then ho-hum, if not, I'll have some fun in a fantasy setting without having to pay GW my soul.

As I said, it may even have a decent campaign mode where I can get a few folks in a more RPG style.

We'll see. 

Maybe its a decent game - after all you move dragons like X-Wings in space.

And you move ground troops like X-Wings in space ......

Have I said that its a decent game possibly?

Actually ground troops move a little differently.  All units have a pivot move.  Basically you don't move at all but can pivot 90 or 180 degrees.  It is basically the only reason I can think for a dragon to land.  It adds an interesting movement option for the larger less maneuverable Dragons.  They can turn much better on the ground, but the are also vulnerable to ground units melee attacks.

Sounds interesting. this adds a new dimension ... or a half one.

Edited by TheRealStarkiller

It appears the factions may be done on the traditional "Alignment" lines. Not sure until mine gets here.

Here's hoping that the instructions includes a table of some sort that shows which alignments can't be used together (e.g., Chaotic Good can't be used with Chaotic Evil, etc.)

This actually looks like it will be VERY different in play from STAW or X-Wing. You have separate dials for aerial and ground movement. Armor does not automatically get reduced when hit, so if you have 2 armor it lasts round to round.

Spells and breath weapons take time to recharge and have straight line aiming and hit >1 opponent if they are under the line.

All in all and I hate to say this, it's looking pretty cool.